00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coolgamer2000s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

what's popular for animating now?

551 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

what's popular for animating now? 2016-10-11 01:18:03

all I've ever used is flash and I haven't even used it in forever but it looks like people are using all sorts of stuff now

what other programs are popular right now?

I'd like to check em out

thx

Response to what's popular for animating now? 2016-10-12 01:47:01

At 10/11/16 01:18 AM, CultSyndicate wrote: all I've ever used is flash and I haven't even used it in forever but it looks like people are using all sorts of stuff now

I'd like to check em out

thx

sketchbook pro does animation now, theres anime studio and tvpaint. i tried the trial of tvpaint and loved it, then i saw the pricetag (Boo!) and decided to save my pennies.

Response to what's popular for animating now? 2016-10-12 11:03:33

At 10/12/16 01:47 AM, studiodenny wrote:
At 10/11/16 01:18 AM, CultSyndicate wrote: all I've ever used is flash and I haven't even used it in forever but it looks like people are using all sorts of stuff now

I'd like to check em out

thx
sketchbook pro does animation now, theres anime studio and tvpaint. i tried the trial of tvpaint and loved it, then i saw the pricetag (Boo!) and decided to save my pennies.

Cool, txh. I watched some videos on tvpaint and it looks like fun and a lot less complicated than the toonzOpen software. Haven't gotten to sketchbook pro yet.

I found out today that my university has the adobe suite built in to all of their computer labs. Has anyone tried adobe animate? How does it compare to flash?

If I wanted to use it I'd have to bring my wacom to school every day. Not a huge hassle but it's not nothing either. Plus I'd rather be at home where I can vape and make myself food and not neglect my dog

Response to what's popular for animating now? 2016-10-12 13:03:18

At 10/12/16 11:03 AM, CultSyndicate wrote:
At 10/12/16 01:47 AM, studiodenny wrote:

I'd like to check em out

thx
Cool, txh. I watched some videos on tvpaint and it looks like fun and a lot less complicated than the toonzOpen software. Haven't gotten to sketchbook pro yet.

I found out today that my university has the adobe suite built in to all of their computer labs. Has anyone tried adobe animate? How does it compare to flash?

If I wanted to use it I'd have to bring my wacom to school every day. Not a huge hassle but it's not nothing either. Plus I'd rather be at home where I can vape and make myself food and not neglect my dog

"animate" is just what they are calling flash now a days with different features, more or less the same thing from what ive seen. digicel flipbook is also pretty cheap too, i think its $20 for their low end version and its what disney and other top companies use to do pencil tests with, i tried the demo and it was frustrating cause of the watermark they have on the screen, the thing i like most is that coloring is very fast and easy and if you change the color on one frame it changes that same color in all frames so thats handy, their how-to vids are kinda ghetto but they are to the point.

as for school, you could always get a small bamboo or whatever they are calling it now and take that to school and hope its just plug and play.

Response to what's popular for animating now? 2016-10-12 23:27:56

I've used it for most of the summer and for me I'm fine with it. There's a few little handy additions like when zooming in the brush size can stays the same size if you want. The only other version of flash I've worked with is CS6, which is what I have to use at my school

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to what's popular for animating now? 2016-10-13 00:00:17

At 10/12/16 11:27 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
I've used it for most of the summer and for me I'm fine with it. There's a few little handy additions like when zooming in the brush size can stays the same size if you want. The only other version of flash I've worked with is CS6, which is what I have to use at my school

nice! I actually got on one of the library setups today and it's they have the 2015 CC suite, which has some animate .as manager but when I opened up a .fla file it came pulled up Flash. I might start bringing my tablet in to work on it during breaks in my schedule. I'm not an art major or anything so I have no idea if we have stuff like that set up elsewhere on campus

Response to what's popular for animating now? 2016-10-25 18:15:08

I use Toon Boom

Response to what's popular for animating now? 2016-10-25 18:56:50

At 10/25/16 06:15 PM, Brooksay wrote: I use Toon Boom

tried it, seems unrealisticly complicated. Like I'd need to pay money to take a course in using it

Response to what's popular for animating now? 2016-10-25 19:00:49

At 10/25/16 06:56 PM, CultSyndicate wrote:
At 10/25/16 06:15 PM, Brooksay wrote: I use Toon Boom
tried it, seems unrealisticly complicated. Like I'd need to pay money to take a course in using it

I wasn't a huge fan at first either.

It does have a built in camera though. That's a HUGE plus.