00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I have no friends - please help

1,960 Views | 28 Replies

I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 03:55:10

I know this seems like a troll topic but this is seriously bothering me and causing me a great deal of depression.

I just have no friends. I have no idea why. People just don't want to be my friends. I am desperate for some type of connection or contact with anyone. I'd be happy for a friend here. Just someone to PM with. I'm going out of my mind!

I'm very intelligent... and it would be great if I could meet someone similar. It's just important that you understand that you're probably going to feel like a mental insect around me.

But I am working on this. Learning to descend to more sociable levels in my conversation.

Please PM me. I really need a friend right now. Or three! hehehe

Sorry if this is sad/pathetic. It's just the state my life is in right now and I need to turn it around.

I realized when I was watching Friends (tv show from the 90s) and burst into tears watching how they all loved each other and hanged out so much. I want that! I want it so bad! I really need it. Even online would be ok.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 03:56:59

PM sent, let's talk

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 04:01:24

hello?

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 04:05:32

What music do you like! hehe

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 04:11:55

If you're interested in friendship, just shoot me a PM at anytime and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

BBS Signature

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 04:15:58

At 8/23/16 03:55 AM, sharpnova wrote: I'm very intelligent... and it would be great if I could meet someone similar. It's just important that you understand that you're probably going to feel like a mental insect around me.

Hey dude, I understand that you are going through some stuff... but it'll really help you make friends if you stopped referring to those around you as mental insects. I'm sure you are quite intelligent, but maybe lighten up on others, and keep your ego in check.

I went through similar things 10 years ago... I would recommend taking it easy on others. Also, Meetup.com has some really fun groups, maybe you should check one out in your local area?

Robo Rick's Magical Carpet Ride

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 04:47:45

Feel free to message me if you'd like. I don't know how good of a friend I can be, but I would like to try.
Only thing I ask of you is that you accept me for who I am, that is all.

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 04:53:42

Its completely normal to be lonely if youre intelligent. Do you know how many historical geniuses had to suffer from solitude? Thats what you have to pay to be inventive/creative. Sure, its the hardest in the teen years, but youll get used to it if you set a goal, to have always something to do with your time, that can distract you from loneliness.

heres a link with more common symptoms
http://www.lifehack.org/312573/5-struggles-only-highly-intelligent-people-suffer-from

At 8/23/16 06:07 AM, Aria5 wrote: I'm less intelligent than you

I'm sorry I can't take what you say very seriously given that the things you say are so intensely biased towards serving your ego which in turn is driven by an inferiority complex regarding your intelligence

Thank you for trying though, we're done discussing this

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 08:30:21

snagged from the skinny vs fat preference thread...

At 8/21/16 01:30 AM, sharpnova wrote:

I would assume most guys prefer skinny. I have fat girlfriends and they get almost no guys compared to me.

here, you say you have have girlfriends.

: Judging a person based on their intelligence is incredibly shallow because that is something your'e born with and can't change.

and you also say this...a bit ironic if you ask me. but it's also a point which i disagree with, intelligence is something that is cultivated in the early years of life, for the most part.

on topic, i would say, just trying being nice to people and looking past what you see as flaws. many people, despite some flaws, still have a lot to offer.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 09:37:06

At 8/23/16 07:10 AM, Aria5 wrote:
At 8/23/16 06:20 AM, sharpnova wrote: Thank you for trying though, we're done discussing this
Calm down, i was just trying to help.
I'm not trying to feed my ego or any shit like that. i get that you might still be mad after what happened but that's not really much of a reason to deflect advice or help that isn't really meant to insult you or "feed my ego"

Mad? I was laughing my ass off watching you grind your teeth and stutter your way through anger at being confronted with a reality that flew in the face of everything your ego ever told you.

Trust me. It was funny. All I'm saying is that it showed that you're unintelligent and therefore your opinion isn't terribly valuable to me. Amusing yes. Useful? No. No sir.

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 10:17:51

At 8/23/16 09:37 AM, sharpnova wrote: All I'm saying is that it showed that you're unintelligent and therefore your opinion isn't terribly valuable to me. Amusing yes. Useful? No. No sir.

Well this is why you don't have any friends. You are an unrelenting prick. And from the looks of your other thread, you're a pseudo-intellectual with a victim complex.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 10:24:44

We're all gonna die alone, why bother?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 10:35:03

Intelligence is relative to a situation. The guy working on my car couldn't even spell the word Jeopardy, let alone be a contestant, but when it comes to my vehicle, he does a fine job of making me feel like an idiot... more of an idiot. My level of incompetence fluctuates. I figure that if I can learn even one thing from another person, then, prior to that moment, that individual was smarter than me about something. Might not be an important something, but something nonetheless. Nonethemore, too!

As for friendship, I can participate in a dyad vaguely resembling one. I highly doubt you or anyone else on the BBS could type something that could offend me. Hell, I'd give you ammunition if you wanted to try. Outside of that, I do a fair job of exchanging specialized feedback. That's all friendship is online, isn't it? Personalized messages and an abundant use of exclamation points?

"Hey, I did a thing today!"
"I didn't, but I'll do a thing tomorrow!"
"That's swell! Have a splendiferously wontastical day, pal!"
"And you have a splenda... splinny... splen... fuck-you-and-your-disgusting-use-of-amalgamated-terminology day, as well, buddy!"

This is my current assumption of what online friendship equates to. I'll provide a more accurate depiction once I've obtained genuine experience on the matter, or I'll forget and play video games, instead. I have a terrible memory and I enjoy video games. *shrugs*

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 10:35:36

claims to be smarter than everyone, doesn't understand how being pompous and condescending about her self perceived intelligence is destroying her chances at any relationship..

rinse, repeat, same theme again and again.

better get real comfortable with yourself and any flaws.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

At 8/23/16 06:25 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: I'd be your friend but your 16 and i'm 27. I also hate you.

Lmfao.

Somebody tell me whose troll account OP belongs to.

BBS Signature

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 11:18:37

At 8/23/16 11:02 AM, Aria5 wrote: *snipped a wall of angry text i wouldn't read if i was trapped in a room with nothing but myself and my thoughts*

Hey can you condense that down. Give me the reader's digest version bro.

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 11:19:46

ITT:

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 11:55:57

At 8/23/16 11:20 AM, Aria5 wrote: Well then... can't say i didn't expect that.

Maybe you could stop making a fool of yourself by taking OP's obvious bait.

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 12:07:04

You should become friends with Strongbad if you want to be friends with a "living legend".

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

At 8/23/16 03:55 AM, sharpnova wrote: I know this seems like a troll topic but this is seriously bothering me and causing me a great deal of depression.

I just have no friends. I have no idea why. People just don't want to be my friends. I am desperate for some type of connection or contact with anyone. I'd be happy for a friend here. Just someone to PM with. I'm going out of my mind!

I'm very intelligent... and it would be great if I could meet someone similar. It's just important that you understand that you're probably going to feel like a mental insect around me.

But I am working on this. Learning to descend to more sociable levels in my conversation.

Please PM me. I really need a friend right now. Or three! hehehe

Sorry if this is sad/pathetic. It's just the state my life is in right now and I need to turn it around.

I realized when I was watching Friends (tv show from the 90s) and burst into tears watching how they all loved each other and hanged out so much. I want that! I want it so bad! I really need it. Even online would be ok.

Hopefully you find some friends on newgrounds community while sharing similar interests.

If you want to find close, local friends, I think you should start looking at yourself first.
We don't know anything about you, other than you saying you're intelligent, but most of the cases, the sources lies within yourself, maybe something you're still oblivious or something you refuse to accept.

I use to be in a similar situation like you, I had to take a long time to think about who I was now and who I wanted to be and trying to look at yourself in a 3rd person perspective.

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 16:19:45

At 8/23/16 11:57 AM, Aria5 wrote:
At 8/23/16 11:55 AM, Bit wrote:
At 8/23/16 11:20 AM, Aria5 wrote: Well then... can't say i didn't expect that.
Maybe you could stop making a fool of yourself by taking OP's obvious bait.
Right...

That sounds like something you'd do. Take obvious bait. Pretty embarrassing.

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 16:51:27

At 8/23/16 04:48 PM, Homicidee wrote: i feel like you would bully me

I would bully you so hard that you'd take it out on your waifu

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 16:58:36

At 8/23/16 04:51 PM, sharpnova wrote:
At 8/23/16 04:48 PM, Homicidee wrote: i feel like you would bully me
I would bully you so hard that you'd take it out on your waifu

i smell a sticom

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 17:08:56

At 8/23/16 06:25 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: I'd be your friend but your 16 and i'm 27. I also hate you.

You're and edgy little shit, but your not as bad as some of the other teenage edge lords around here. You also have a very dark brand of humor that goes a bit too far. If you chill out with the angst, and tone it down a bit you should make friends much easier.

I'm the edgiest teenage edgelord on here.

School shootings, cutting, trench coats, see look at how edgy I am?

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 17:10:04

you make high quality posts, how could i ever disagree with someone like yourself. i hate the fact people shit talk you. i agree you are very intelligent. we could be friends, but don't expect me to pm you because no. i feel like you would bully me for being a weeabo and masturbating to 2d kawaii animu girls.

I PMed her. She's actually a pseudo-intellectual feminazi.

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 19:19:47

At 8/23/16 06:34 PM, Aria5 wrote: Ey guys.
http://www.digitalmzx.net/wiki/index.php?title=Sharpnova

Welp, this wraps this thread up. lock plz @FoAngel @Stafffighter

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 19:22:21

friends don't exist

Response to I have no friends - please help 2016-08-23 19:24:05

Well this thread derailed some didn't it