00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PSYCHSCOP just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

94,565 Views | 1,529 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 09:59:13

At 3/16/22 09:48 AM, Fro wrote: I tweeted this the other night, but I think this would be a good place for this question.

What's your last meal? Doesn't have to be a death row situation, but you know it's going to be your last meal ever. What do you choose?

Filet Neptune, raw

At 3/16/22 09:48 AM, Fro wrote: I tweeted this the other night, but I think this would be a good place for this question.

What's your last meal? Doesn't have to be a death row situation, but you know it's going to be your last meal ever. What do you choose?

Thought you might've fetched inspiration from this thread at first: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1496115

As I posted there, I think I'd just go for some really good salad, salmon and fries, with chocolate pudding and whipped cream for desert... only the best ingredients and preparation, and quantities in moderation for optimal savoring...

Final meal's gotta be proper I feel, but not complex just for the sake of being, more so just a combo I really enjoy.

Might swap that pudding for some luxurious ice cream if it's summer hmm...

What about you though, what's your potential dish of destiny?

The latest: Hexa #98 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 10:37:45

At 3/16/22 09:59 AM, OlTrout wrote: Filet Neptune, raw

Hadn't heard of that one before! Wonder if it'd be just as tasty with some fresh tuna slices instead of steaks...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 10:43:31

At 3/16/22 10:37 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Hadn't heard of that one before! Wonder if it'd be just as tasty with some fresh tuna slices instead of steaks...

maybe a big ahi tuna steak

At 3/16/22 10:43 AM, OlTrout wrote:
At 3/16/22 10:37 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
maybe a big ahi tuna steak

Ah that does look awesome, hadn't heard of ahi tuna either, exotic...

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 11:19:09

A big piece of blue rare wagyu tenderloin with a BMS of 12. Assuming it's even a thing.

If it has to be something I've previously eaten, just the regular AAA tenderloin that us regular peasants eat.

Either way, I'll also want copious amounts of Champagne to wash it down with, and die.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 11:21:11

At 3/16/22 11:19 AM, Prinzy2 wrote:

A big piece of blue rare wagyu tenderloin with a BMS of 12. Assuming it's even a thing.

If it has to be something I've previously eaten, just the regular AAA tenderloin that us regular peasants eat.

Either way, I'll also want copious amounts of Champagne to wash it down with, and die.

I feel like champaigne is one of those things that is really expensive and doesn't taste very good. Just luxury item.

I think a Bordeaux would pair nicer with that steak.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 11:44:33

At 3/16/22 11:21 AM, OlTrout wrote: I feel like champaigne is one of those things that is really expensive and doesn't taste very good. Just luxury item.

It can be hit and miss. Veuve Clicquot was the first Champagne I actually liked, and Freixenet the first sparkling wine. Clicquot is about $55 at Costco (unless you make the trip down SW on the reserve where it's $50), and Freixenet is under $15 I believe.

I think a Bordeaux would pair nicer with that steak.

It would. It's surprising how many wines will go with steak. I have a Chardonnay from Carneros AVA that is heavily oaked, that would more than stand up to the flavor of steak.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 11:44:34

At 3/16/22 11:19 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Either way, I'll also want copious amounts of Champagne to wash it down with, and die.

Ah beverage, I forgot about that bit... I'd go with some good honey mead myself.

Maybe Медоварус if I know no better then.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 11:52:12

At 3/16/22 11:44 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:

Ah beverage, I forgot about that bit... I'd go with some good honey mead myself.

Speaking of mead, I've gotten several people from work hooked on Maxwell honey mead. Absolutely delicious, though I don't have any other meads to compare it to, except Fallentimber which what one of the worst things I've ever tasted.

Have you had that brand before?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 14:18:45

Never ending salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden.

Joking aside, I’m picking spaghetti 🍝 with marinara, a side salad with Italian dressing, garlic bread and a glass of Pinot Grigio. If dessert is an option, a slice of Italian wedding cake with a bottle of Mexican Coca Cola. Amen.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 14:53:12

At 3/16/22 02:18 PM, Kiwi wrote:

Joking aside, I’m picking spaghetti 🍝 with marinara, a side salad with Italian dressing, garlic bread and a glass of Pinot Grigio. If dessert is an option, a slice of Italian wedding cake with a bottle of Mexican Coca Cola. Amen.

You're gonna squander your last chance to eat an animal?

I'm going Greek for my last meal.

Start of with a nice big piece of Spanakopita, followed by some Keftedes(lamb meatballs) with fresh Tzatziki sauce for dipping, the entrée would be a large helping of Moussaka and a lovely dessert of fresh-out-of-the-oven Baklava.

Then I'd slip into a food coma and die.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-16 16:23:22

At 3/16/22 03:21 PM, RefurbishedPeepers wrote:

I'm going Greek for my last meal.

Start of with a nice big piece of Spanakopita, followed by some Keftedes(lamb meatballs) with fresh Tzatziki sauce for dipping, the entrée would be a large helping of Moussaka and a lovely dessert of fresh-out-of-the-oven Baklava.

Then I'd slip into a food coma and die.

Greeks have really weird names...

iu_577429_8035133.png

We do comics, guys! Check it out on Webtoons, and for spanish, check it on Faneo! :3

If you want to know more, check out our Wiki-Fandom ;)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-17 10:18:35

I think I'm too simple of a man. I just want a cheese stuffed crust pepperoni pizza with a couple dozen wings. Then let me food coma into a sleep and die comfortable!

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-17 11:04:01

At 3/17/22 10:18 AM, Fro wrote: I think I'm too simple of a man. I just want a cheese stuffed crust pepperoni pizza with a couple dozen wings. Then let me food coma into a sleep and die comfortable!

I forgot about chimkin wangs.

I definitely want a side of hot wings. Maybe like 30-40 would be good. And gimme some MILK.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-17 11:47:13

At 3/16/22 02:53 PM, OlTrout wrote:
At 3/16/22 02:18 PM, Kiwi wrote:

You're gonna squander your last chance to eat an animal?

It’s more about the sauce for me

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-17 14:13:31

im eater

You're either noobie or you're hacking.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-18 11:54:58

At 3/17/22 11:04 AM, OlTrout wrote:
At 3/17/22 10:18 AM, Fro wrote: I think I'm too simple of a man. I just want a cheese stuffed crust pepperoni pizza with a couple dozen wings. Then let me food coma into a sleep and die comfortable!

I definitely want a side of hot wings. Maybe like 30-40 would be good. And gimme some MILK.

Yeah, back when I still drank there was this great dive bar that had a wing night. For $4 you got a dozen wings. $3 got you a pitcher of beer. I use to eat two dozen wings and drink a pitcher or two of beer among friends. By the time we split the beer I was out of there for $10.

I still haven’t found wings as good as theirs.

if it wasn’t for the beer I’d most likely just order 3 dozen wings.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-18 12:36:25

At 3/18/22 11:54 AM, Fro wrote:
At 3/17/22 11:04 AM, OlTrout wrote:

Yeah, back when I still drank there was this great dive bar that had a wing night. For $4 you got a dozen wings. $3 got you a pitcher of beer. I use to eat two dozen wings and drink a pitcher or two of beer among friends. By the time we split the beer I was out of there for $10.

I still haven’t found wings as good as theirs.

if it wasn’t for the beer I’d most likely just order 3 dozen wings.

There used to be some good wing nights in the city. I remember one place had the biggest fuckin wings for 9 cents each and $3 pints. They also had some cool flavour combos.

And there was another dive that sold $3 everything drinks and $1 dozens during hockey games. We'd drink Bacardi 151 and coke, since it was the same price as a beer. You could get pretty hammered for $20. They also had like 40-50 wing flavours, including one called Johnny Cash which was spicy as fuck. I think it was basically habanero paste with a touch of BBQ sauce.

I'm a fan of the classic Frank's Red on my wings. I could eat a thousand of those bad boys.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-18 14:32:45

At 3/18/22 12:36 PM, OlTrout wrote: We'd drink Bacardi 151 and coke,

That sounds like it could get very bad, very quick.

I'm a fan of the classic Frank's Red on my wings. I could eat a thousand of those bad boys.

When I doubled as BOH and made wings for myself, I'd deep fry them, toss them in Franks and JD, then finish them on the BBQ. Orgasmic.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-22 16:28:18

Made some Puerto Rican style Arroz con Pollo.

iu_583133_3416439.webp

And some peanut butter banana bread with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.

iu_583134_3416439.webp

iu_583135_3416439.webp

Me, when the timer went off on the oven:

iu_583136_3416439.gif

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-22 16:33:00

At 3/22/22 04:28 PM, RefurbishedPeepers wrote: Me, when the timer went off on the oven:

Can relate. That looks delicious.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-22 16:37:19

At 3/22/22 04:33 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/22/22 04:28 PM, RefurbishedPeepers wrote: Me, when the timer went off on the oven:
Can relate. That looks delicious.

It is. Might be the best thing I've made so far.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-22 16:57:11

Somewhere, an Italian is casting a blood curse over be for using dried basil.

iu_583173_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

You're either noobie or you're hacking.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-23 16:35:41

I wonder how long I can get away with this before the mafia puts out a contract on me.

I also need to get a pizza stone one of these days.

iu_584105_1809211.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-23 16:42:45

At 3/23/22 04:35 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I wonder how long I can get away with this before the mafia puts out a contract on me.

Bacon or brisket?

At 3/23/22 04:42 PM, RefurbishedPeepers wrote:
At 3/23/22 04:35 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I wonder how long I can get away with this before the mafia puts out a contract on me.

Bacon or brisket?

Sadly some leftover/repurposed sirloin steak, never again...I usually buy tenderloin.

Turned out pretty good, ate the whole damn thing and now I feel sick.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2022-03-23 23:19:37

Life has gotten in the the way. Here is some of the stuff that I have eaten over that past few weeks:

Quesadillas

iu_584461_9477648.webp

Cumin lamb from one of the local Chinese places

iu_584460_9477648.webp

“I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.” - Jack Handey