00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game feedback, plz help

1,388 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Game feedback, plz help 2016-02-01 23:53:52

im looking for feedback on a game Ive just started. This is really early, and im looking for suggestions.
Please lemme know if you're interested in this.

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-02-02 00:16:37

At 2/1/16 11:53 PM, carbonlad wrote: im looking for feedback on a game Ive just started. This is really early, and im looking for suggestions.
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/946605

It would help if you stated exactly what exactly you are looking for feedback on in your game. That said, I couldn't really play it because the 'A' key didn't work - my character couldn't attack

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-02-02 00:50:57

At 2/2/16 12:16 AM, HeroPower wrote:
At 2/1/16 11:53 PM, carbonlad wrote: im looking for feedback on a game Ive just started. This is really early, and im looking for suggestions.
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/946605
It would help if you stated exactly what exactly you are looking for feedback on in your game. That said, I couldn't really play it because the 'A' key didn't work - my character couldn't attack

hold down the A key, that should work. Im changing it to space in a bit, idk.
If it doesn't work after that, then I have no idea.

The last game I made didn't get a lot of feedback, I'm just wondering if theres any interest in this sort of thing, if not, I'll make a different game.

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-02-02 01:11:44

At 2/2/16 12:50 AM, carbonlad wrote: hold down the A key, that should work. Im changing it to space in a bit, idk.

Oh ok it works now.

The last game I made didn't get a lot of feedback, I'm just wondering if theres any interest in this sort of thing, if not, I'll make a different game.

If there was some kind of direction to the game, like a story, it could make a fun little game. Right now it is all just random action. If that was your goal for the game then maybe make it wave-based. I'm sure once you fix all of the collision issues with the terrain as well it will be a better experience.

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-02-13 10:49:20

I've changed the basic animation
I've added maps; adding more things etc.

Why is NG user activity so quiet these days?
Paulhtml5's games got a slew of traffic no more than a year ago
now his latest game has under 3 comments?

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-02-17 11:48:13

At 2/17/16 09:07 AM, TMRU wrote: I can't get past the title screen, could you tell me what I'm doing
http://puu.sh/nbfDu/10537e8dc6.jpg

Yea, hit the Tilde Key [ "~" or ` ], its next to 1, or below esc

New version here

If anyone knows how to program an item inventory or is offering to look at my code to help sort out why everything is going to slow, I'd be happy to let someone do that, idk.

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-02-17 12:42:33 (edited 2016-02-17 12:47:46)

uhh, lemme change it to "P",

Edit: Give this link a shot

I uploaded one that uses P instead of Tilde "~"

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-04-13 23:31:44

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-06-30 23:49:47

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-07-01 21:26:55

At 6/30/16 11:49 PM, carbonlad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/995963

Right off the bat, I'm not a fan of the fact that the instructions auto disappear after a timer. Let the player go at their own pace, because this is a lot of info to take in, too much - in fact - for the beginning of the game. If this much instruction is needed at the beginning something is wrong, somethings should be explained when the player reaches the point where it's useful, and some things can just be more intuitive.

Starting the actual gameplay: I go down, down, collect a bunch or stuff, and I have no clue what they do because there's no descriptions. the UI seems like it going for a minimalist approach, which I don't think is right for this type of game. Except of course the bottom right corner hud, this thing is easily 3 times bigger than it needs to be.

Holding f and pressing number keys is awkward. can the inventory just be up at the bottom of the screen the whole time, and pressing '1' by itself would activate the item? Do all of the items have to be part of an active menu? The alternative is a giant inventory, that pauses the game when it's open, this allows room for descriptions on each item.

when i start fighting there's like 5 or 6 guys in the first room, and any room before this suddenly is swarmed with enemies as well, the word "miss" pops up an insane amount of times, which is super annoying. Even at lvl 4 I feel like I'm missing 50% of the time.

The shop interface is non-intuitive, I'd rather have buttons that I can select with the arrow keys

many tiles are misleading, they look like i can walk on them, mostly it tiles that just look too similar to the ground, but sometimes I just can walk on floor tiles. Example A Example B

Lastly when you die, nothing happens.

All in all the game has a lot of potential. It's clear you put a lot of work into it, and it's a pretty nice prototype, but there's a lot of things that irk me

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-07-02 07:47:27

Thanks for the thorough review, I appreciate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-07-11 00:26:30

I shrank the hud, added a new class

-working on a game over screen
-working on simplifying the shop

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-09-27 05:40:54

mouse controls.

The buy menu and equip menu mouse controls are half there.

Idk

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2016-12-17 00:53:33

Adding a spell menu and spells from nexus

this update is inbetween updates and lacks music

http://www.flashjunkmind.com/test/feat/feat9.html

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2017-02-15 03:34:01

http://www.flashjunkmind.com/test/feat/feat11.html

F menu stuff:

Spell #4 = (Auto) Invis Buff Added

Shop menu bug fixes (items vanishing after unequipping)
99 item bug fix (99 items changing to expensive knives)

Rogue:
Start Gear class specific.

more coming. IdK

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2017-02-24 09:45:25 (edited 2017-02-24 09:45:54)

BBS Signature

Response to Game feedback, plz help 2017-07-31 11:19:49

There are quite a few bugs I know about but im fixing.
There will be:

-Bosses
-Caster Classes
-A proper ending.

BBS Signature