00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals

8,408 Views | 120 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 07:09:39

At 9/27/15 02:56 AM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Just about done... a little guitar left to track and then mixing time. @PirateCrab - how's it going over there? >:D

Fucked. The only time I've had available to do anything on top of work, surviving, and gigging/touring with the band has been the last 2 days. You've won this round lol, but I'm gonna submit what I've done anyway!

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 09:38:54

Right, I'm out of time.

I've only had 2 1/2 days to work on this. I'm proud with what I've accomplished, but hell, it's been fun whilst I've been in :D

Gawd dammit sheesh

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 16:47:33

At 9/27/15 12:08 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Sent the track to @LucidShadowDreamer

TIFU I thought this dues tomorrow lol. Thank goodness I double checked.

x_x you're not the only one. Luckily we're almost done, I think we can pull it out by tonight. GAAAHHH

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 17:54:43

At 9/27/15 07:09 AM, PirateCrab wrote:
At 9/27/15 02:56 AM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Just about done... a little guitar left to track and then mixing time. @PirateCrab - how's it going over there? >:D
Fucked. The only time I've had available to do anything on top of work, surviving, and gigging/touring with the band has been the last 2 days. You've won this round lol, but I'm gonna submit what I've done anyway!

I understand the pain. All of my spare time was taken up trying to make a melody. You lucky butt.

6 hours to go, minute and a half of music made. Wheeeee~

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 18:20:54

We are a marvel...

The expression "tracking" any instrument has always bothered me. Dunno why. I just feel it should always be called "recording". /small personal crisis

@bassfiddlejones Help me, any ideas why it may bother me? o.O

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 20:32:37

At 9/27/15 07:44 PM, MetalRenard wrote: The expression "tracking" any instrument has always bothered me. Dunno why. I just feel it should always be called "recording". /small personal crisis

@bassfiddlejones Help me, any ideas why it may bother me? o.O

I don't know what you mean man. We saw it out in the woods and have been hunting it down. Gotta get dem melodies

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 21:04:07

3 hours left... CRUNCH TIME.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 21:34:08

At 9/27/15 09:04 PM, SkyeWint wrote: 3 hours left... CRUNCH TIME.

I can tell you're crunching because you keep posting on here. :>

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 21:45:25

At 9/27/15 09:34 PM, johnfn wrote:
At 9/27/15 09:04 PM, SkyeWint wrote: 3 hours left... CRUNCH TIME.
I can tell you're crunching because you keep posting on here. :>

And here I thought that meant he was about to break into his secret stash of Nestlé Crunch bars...

Or maybe add a nice, crunchy snare drum.

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 21:51:28

At 9/27/15 09:45 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: And here I thought that meant she was about to break into her secret stash of Nestlé Crunch bars...

Or maybe add a nice, crunchy snare drum.

Sorry, no crunchy drums. Also no crunch bars. :( I wish I had some, though.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 22:50:33

So much mixing right now... Josh is knocking it out. Many days of work went into this evening :O

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 22:52:43

At 9/27/15 10:49 PM, dem0lecule wrote: WE ARE THIS CLOSE.

DELIVERED!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/646300

Well, I guess it's uploaded now. Let's see what happens.

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 23:19:18

Almost time to mix!

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 23:28:17

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 23:40:36

I may be about... 5-10 minutes over the deadline if that's ok. Must export and upload and write song description and stuff.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 23:45:34

At 9/27/15 11:40 PM, SkyeWint wrote: I may be about... 5-10 minutes over the deadline if that's ok. Must export and upload and write song description and stuff.

1 point off for every minute late

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 23:47:39

At 9/27/15 11:45 PM, johnfn wrote:
At 9/27/15 11:40 PM, SkyeWint wrote: I may be about... 5-10 minutes over the deadline if that's ok. Must export and upload and write song description and stuff.
1 point off for every minute late

I will punch you

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 23:57:32

I am literally rendering my song as I type! Will it count if it's like 1 minute or two late?

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-27 23:58:29

EXPORTING AND UPLOADING NOW DON'T DISQUALIFY ME

Stuff.

BBS Signature

At 9/27/15 11:57 PM, JacobCadmus wrote: I am literally rendering my song as I type! Will it count if it's like 1 minute or two late?

Step, et al tend to offer a few minutes' grace to those who push things straight to the deadline. You'll be fine. I'd suggest getting the track rendered and submitted as the first order of business, then adding any substantial author comments and such afterward.

Mainly because johnfn will dock points for each minute over the deadline. Wow, that guy's brutal... (;

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-28 00:06:18

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Here we go! Chris and I were gonna do an actual collab this time, but his machine pooped out on him AGAIN, so it's just me. =/

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-28 00:13:14

At 9/28/15 12:06 AM, SkyeWint wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/646310
@midimachine
bite me.

airhorn.wav

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-28 04:02:04

At 9/28/15 12:13 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 9/28/15 12:06 AM, SkyeWint wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/646310
@midimachine
bite me.
airhorn.wav

Oh baby, a triple

Gawd dammit sheesh

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-28 05:32:41

At 9/28/15 04:02 AM, PirateCrab wrote:
At 9/28/15 12:13 AM, midimachine wrote:
@midimachine
bite me.
airhorn.wav
Oh baby, a triple

MOM GET THE CAMERA

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-28 12:55:09

At 9/28/15 09:47 AM, dem0lecule wrote: I think his machine is haunted... maybe his apartment... Machine died in last minute, not once but thrice?

On the other hand, congrats mate you're clearly winner.

Either haunted or just defective (way to drop the ball, Apple!) though only Chris knows the details.

Oh and thanks! You guys did a stellar job too; it'll be a tough match up!

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-28 13:00:00

At 9/28/15 09:47 AM, dem0lecule wrote:
I think his machine is haunted... maybe his apartment... Machine died in last minute, not once but thrice?

Well the problem is that they just dont find out what the problem is. At the beginning i thought it could be the power supply of my flat. Its not: I invested in surge protection and acp power batteries to be save from over and also under voltage.
It is also not the software: On the one hand the apple repair team also tested the machine with another osx and also harddrive and it had the same problem. Also i formated the main flash drive and installed the osx totally new. It stil shows the same prob.

Btw: The problem is, that the system suddenly freezes and restarts. When that happened the first 2 times i lost 2 harddrives and one external thunderbolt ssd ...

And now the oddyssey started:
1) Repair attempt 1 (took about 2 weeks): The system crashed again and again without any reason during week 1. They could not find the problem. Then they dissassembled the whole mac pro and recombined all the parts. Suddenly it worked and also passed all the stresstests with very strong results. So i got it back. They didnt find the problem or really repaired something. They assumed it would have been an internal wiring problem.

2.) A few days later it suddenly restarted again. Several times within half an hour. So i contacted apple. They told me that i shall go to a reseller company in another city (50 minutes by car ...) so those can care for the problem. They started the system. It crashed. Then they dissassembled the ram and recombined everything. Well - it worked ... for about 1 week of heaviest stress tests... So i got it back again. NOTHING found / repaired.

3) 2 Days ago it started to crash and restart again without any reason. THats also happening if i am not active on the system - means: If i just see the desktop view and do nothing it stil crashes and restarts. After that i decided to totally reinstall everything - also the OSX. After that it seemed to be good. It worked for about 4 hours... and then ... next crash. So i brought it back to apple AGAIN...

SUMMARY: IT always is the very same fucking problem. It drives me crazy. And if they dont fix that now i want a new machine. I mean: Things like that can happen ... but my patience also has got an end... I just want to be able to write music ... incredible that this makes so many problems - as if life would not be hard enougn :/

In other words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChMj-9yCcWw

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-28 14:05:43

At 9/28/15 01:00 PM, SoundChris wrote:
Horror story

Man, I can't imagine how frustrating that is. I'm not super familiar with Mac Pros or if you can replace parts, but I'd start with the motherboard and work your way through. Does not sound like a cheap or easy fix, and Apple really should have to fix it for you. Hope you get it taken care of soon - would love to hear some music!

@SoundChris I can't believe you're having computer problems again... Honestly at this point I would just call it quits and buy a new machine, if finances permit. Hope you get it sorted out :(.

@ everyone else, needless to say the deadline is up! Expect the results in 4 days, delivered to you by our esteemed judging panel!

@Step @MetalRenard @Neon-Bard @Geoplex @johnfn @stunkel

ROUND 3 PLAYLIST.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature