00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Construct "Deception" Jam

44,208 Views | 149 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-05-28 23:07:22

Tom Fulp should send me a plastic carrot because i made him a picture in my blog.
also, just because i want one.

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-05-29 13:17:13

Sweet! An xbox one console is one of the prizes? I can't wait to see what people come up with!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-01 22:42:18

At 5/22/15 11:02 AM, ErnieTheMighty wrote: Good to see Construct 2 contests coming up. :) Hopefully more and more people will be using this engine in the future. ^_^

Construct 3 is already in development, hope it uses the same guts, so those with long-term projects can upgrade without errors and much reprogramming.

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-02 08:39:06

Subject - TheAlexPatr
Message Mood - =)
Message - Hello, Tom! Change Please My Nickname To
"TheAlexPatr,Thanks"

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-02 10:19:17

At 6/1/15 10:42 PM, JeremyLokken wrote: Construct 3 is already in development, hope it uses the same guts, so those with long-term projects can upgrade without errors and much reprogramming.

Sounds like Construct 2 projects will be able to be opened and continued in Construct 3!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-02 15:21:58

At 6/2/15 10:19 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/1/15 10:42 PM, JeremyLokken wrote: Construct 3 is already in development, hope it uses the same guts, so those with long-term projects can upgrade without errors and much reprogramming.
Sounds like Construct 2 projects will be able to be opened and continued in Construct 3!

Well that's good news! Looking forward to improvements and new features I didn't even know I needed.

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-02 18:02:42

whats with the website? why is it in its original form?? what happened to the art n stuff

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-04 03:47:22

How much will the theme count? I mean "future 2030" or "touch" are obvious conditions and developers can easily understand that but in this case maybe the developer can see the "deception" but the players will experience something else when playing it..or they might be distracted by something else and not paying attention to subtle details. Anyway I think you can understand what I'm asking here and maybe you'll give me an answer even if this sounds stupid :) Thank you.

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." Shigeru Miyamoto

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-04 12:03:48

At 6/4/15 03:47 AM, DanielCotorogea wrote: How much will the theme count? I mean "future 2030" or "touch" are obvious conditions and developers can easily understand that but in this case maybe the developer can see the "deception" but the players will experience something else when playing it..or they might be distracted by something else and not paying attention to subtle details. Anyway I think you can understand what I'm asking here and maybe you'll give me an answer even if this sounds stupid :) Thank you.

it says "Interpret this theme how you want!" so I would say you could make anything from a game with just crazy storyline where nothing is what it seems etc to a game where theres maybe just a little something to connect it in the beggining or end
just think as long as you could explain how your game has the theme its alright

(also if i'm wrong womeone correct me)

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-04 14:31:35

this sounds so fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-05 06:50:38

At 6/5/15 05:46 AM, SentForMe wrote: Does this program have minimum or recommended computer requirements? It didn't mention anything about that on the site, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had an experience where the program would crash on their computer for this reason.

All i know is that i know nothing :P
nah but seriously i don't have a very powerful pc but it works just fine except that its a bit laggy when scrolling but not really a dealbreaker
I'd say just go for it :D

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-05 13:17:02

nice!
If someone needs a artist,just pm me!

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-06 10:02:34

At 6/4/15 03:47 AM, DanielCotorogea wrote: How much will the theme count? I mean "future 2030" or "touch" are obvious conditions and developers can easily understand that but in this case maybe the developer can see the "deception" but the players will experience something else when playing it..or they might be distracted by something else and not paying attention to subtle details. Anyway I think you can understand what I'm asking here and maybe you'll give me an answer even if this sounds stupid :) Thank you.

Hard to quantify just how much the theme will count but it will be important to have followed the theme in some form! Being clever will definitely give an advantage but the game should also be good and fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-06 11:23:21

At 6/6/15 10:02 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Ok so I'll try to do my best, but you must admit that this is a tricky theme to follow :))

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." Shigeru Miyamoto

Just submitted my jam game this afternoon. It's called Where Is the End Of Space.
It's still Under Judgement, with 71 votes; if you guys on the forum could vote for it, that would really help! Regardless, I hope you take something out of the experience. :)

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-09 16:45:26

10. You cannot use any games you already made that have been published anywhere previously.

I am reading this rule with great worry as I hadn't noticed it before. I have been and still am putting a lot of effort on my entry for this jam. But not having noticed the 'have been published anywhere else', I've also entered it in a one-week-jam on Game Jolt, the <5 minutes of play jam. ( http://jams.gamejolt.io/5minjam )

Is it too late, is my game invalid for the Deception contest? I started working on it after the 25th of may, it's made in Construct 2, and I would be willing to remove it from Game Jolt if need be.

Thanks for your time!

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-10 10:55:50

At 6/9/15 04:45 PM, ElPandito wrote: 10. You cannot use any games you already made that have been published anywhere previously.

I am reading this rule with great worry as I hadn't noticed it before. I have been and still am putting a lot of effort on my entry for this jam. But not having noticed the 'have been published anywhere else', I've also entered it in a one-week-jam on Game Jolt, the <5 minutes of play jam. ( http://jams.gamejolt.io/5minjam )

Is it too late, is my game invalid for the Deception contest? I started working on it after the 25th of may, it's made in Construct 2, and I would be willing to remove it from Game Jolt if need be.

It's ok since you made it within the time window of this event. You can still participate!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-10 12:31:12

Oh gosh, the relief is real! Thanks for the quick reply!

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-10 13:04:29

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-11 00:09:47

Just read the news, this hard theme but i think its kinda fun make something with unique theme. I gonna try join this jam.

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-12 13:10:58

lets do dis im in now

SPORSORSHIP TO PRESENT FUTURE LINE IN EGS OCT 2,3,4 2015

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-15 14:35:21

Where do we submit the game to? this page?

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-15 14:37:06

At 6/15/15 02:35 PM, jogosgratispro wrote: Where do we submit the game to? this page?

You can upload it here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games

And tag it with "construct2" and "deceptionjam" - you can also post a link in this thread!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-17 17:39:23

Hi TOM!

After uploading the game here, on NG, can I do some updating it?

Alexandre Bighetti

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-17 17:45:27

At 6/17/15 05:39 PM, AlexandreBighetti wrote: Hi TOM!

After uploading the game here, on NG, can I do some updating it?

Yup!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-21 23:24:59

The Golden Carrot has been stolen and replaced with a plastic fugazi! Find and return the Golden Carrot to restore the Gardens power! Quest 50/50 combines CHANCE with RPG elements. I’ve lowered endgame requirements a bit so all levels of deception can be experienced! Hope you enjoy. Deception Jam Entry: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659580

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-22 06:01:58

I just finished my game Decepticide and uploaded it, if anyone's interested you can play it here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659596

It's a action survival thriller type game designed similar to a metroidvania.

My first game ever too so hope you like it :D

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-22 21:18:34

SPORSORSHIP TO PRESENT FUTURE LINE IN EGS OCT 2,3,4 2015

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-23 03:26:00

Check out our new short, story-like deception game.
All graphics created special for this contest.
Hope you enjoy our game

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659612

Construct

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-23 09:27:00