00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 192 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Construct "Deception" Jam

37,378 Views | 152 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 13:48:35


At 6/26/15 01:46 PM, tfgames wrote: So I got mine in about 30 mins before the deadline, but I updated a bug after the deadline. Does it still count?

That's fine! It's ok to keep making fixes and updates!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 13:57:33


Seems that I misunderstood the conditions... I published my entry on Construct 2 Arcade, not on NewGrounds. Is there any chance I could still publish my game here for the jam?

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 14:44:57


At 6/26/15 01:57 PM, RadianGame wrote: Seems that I misunderstood the conditions... I published my entry on Construct 2 Arcade, not on NewGrounds. Is there any chance I could still publish my game here for the jam?

Yup, you can still go ahead and publish!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 15:14:10


At 6/26/15 10:28 AM, TomFulp wrote: Could you email your ZIP to tom AT newgrounds.com and include a link to your project details form on NG where you uploaded it? I'll test from here!

Oh, thanks Tom. I wanted to read your reply before but looks like which has already reached the deadline.
My game still has a chance? if yes, I can send an e-mail with the game zip. otherwise, fine.
You can test the game here : https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-games/crazy-bounce-punks-c2-deception-jam-806

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 15:22:00


What up excellent forum delvers. I submitted my contribution to deception jam yesterday. Still under judgement but hey a great game is a greate game hit the play button!

Charlatan

Construct

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 15:25:48


At 6/26/15 02:44 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/26/15 01:57 PM, RadianGame wrote: Seems that I misunderstood the conditions... I published my entry on Construct 2 Arcade, not on NewGrounds. Is there any chance I could still publish my game here for the jam?
Yup, you can still go ahead and publish!

Thanks a lot! I'm on it!

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 15:35:22


At 6/26/15 03:14 PM, BrindieGuy wrote:
At 6/26/15 10:28 AM, TomFulp wrote: Could you email your ZIP to tom AT newgrounds.com and include a link to your project details form on NG where you uploaded it? I'll test from here!
Oh, thanks Tom. I wanted to read your reply before but looks like which has already reached the deadline.
My game still has a chance? if yes, I can send an e-mail with the game zip. otherwise, fine.
You can test the game here : https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-games/crazy-bounce-punks-c2-deception-jam-806

It will still be included and would be great to get running on NG, so go ahead and send the ZIP!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 15:40:23


I ran as much as I could but I still need to get some bugs fixed.
Can I still submit my game if I finish it today (USA EST time) ?

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 15:46:26


Well, there is a problem. As I said in this dedicated topic : http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1393222#bbspost25579831_post_text

I can't upload my game zip file. "null" it says... Anybody has a clue about this?

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 16:06:39


Can I upload an update of my game, after the deadline has passed? or will this be considered a late submission and thus will get me disqualified?

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 16:25:30


At 6/26/15 04:06 PM, rayanami wrote: Can I upload an update of my game, after the deadline has passed? or will this be considered a late submission and thus will get me disqualified?

You can go ahead and update!


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 16:26:26


At 6/26/15 03:46 PM, RadianGame wrote: Well, there is a problem. As I said in this dedicated topic : http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1393222#bbspost25579831_post_text

I can't upload my game zip file. "null" it says... Anybody has a clue about this?

Can you also email your ZIP to tom AT newgrounds.com and include a link to your project details form?


Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 17:26:24


Nice work everyone. Lot of fun with your games! :)

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 17:43:59


So we are able to post the link to our submission here. I suppose I could do so for those of you that haven't played my submission yet. It's still under judgement, but no better way to get it out of there then to have people play it eh?


Check out my music at http://gamekrazzyproduction.newgrou nds.com/audio/

*GamekrazzyProduction*

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 18:02:48


I realise I uploaded this a couple of days ago but "BEST DRESSED" is now available for the deception jam! You have to put the right clothes on the animals in order to deceive the event organisers into thinking they're people!

It does include touch controls so if you have a touch screen give it a go on there!

Don't forget, let me know what you guys think in the comments too!

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 20:00:59


Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 20:37:39


Hello!

I'm afraid I need some assistance again >__<' : my game is broken on NG, while it works just fine elsewhere.

I've tried uploading it to my personnal website (http://josephlavoiedesign.com/IndeDivellit_Deception) and on GameJolt (http://gamejolt.com/games/inde-divellit/70858) and both load up just fine. But my build on NG opens up the loading screen, and loads up to like 95% and then gets stucked, everytime, for every person that tried it. :(

I've made sure the HTML file is in the root, and I've re-exported, re-zipped and re-uploaded twice and it always gives out the same result, while the same files were tested succesfully elsewhere.

Any clue >< ?

Thanks a lot!

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-26 21:14:32


Sorry, I forgot to include the link to my game on NG! Here it is : http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659838


Had you tried export in the Version 208b of C2??
Maybe could be too big.

At 6/26/15 08:37 PM, ElPandito wrote: Hello!

I'm afraid I need some assistance again >__<' : my game is broken on NG, while it works just fine elsewhere.

I'
Thanks a lot!

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-27 00:43:27


At 6/26/15 10:03 PM, RyuuseiGames wrote: Had you tried export in the Version 208b of C2??
Maybe could be too big.

At 6/26/15 08:37 PM, ElPandito wrote: Hello!

I'm afraid I need some assistance again >__<' : my game is broken on NG, while it works just fine elsewhere.

I'
Thanks a lot!

Hello Ryuusei! Ah, snap, I just realized I'm on the version 206 right now! I'll give that a shot, thanks!


Hi, is my first jam

Is it normal, i was in the Construct Deception Jam game list and after my jugdment, I'm remove from the list ?

Great Jam , lots of fun doing it !!!

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-27 02:36:01


At 6/27/15 02:01 AM, ECouture wrote: Hi, is my first jam

Is it normal, i was in the Construct Deception Jam game list and after my jugdment, I'm remove from the list ?

Great Jam , lots of fun doing it !!!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659795

Sorry, i think is a cache problem

http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/constructdeceptionjam -> here but old stats
http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/constructdeceptionjam_1 -> my game not here

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-27 11:58:41


At 6/26/15 10:03 PM, RyuuseiGames wrote: Had you tried export in the Version 208b of C2??
Maybe could be too big.

At 6/26/15 08:37 PM, ElPandito wrote: Hello!

I'm afraid I need some assistance again >__<' : my game is broken on NG, while it works just fine elsewhere.

I'
Thanks a lot!

Well, I updated to the latest version I can find on the Scirra Website, which is 208 ... and re-exported, re-uploaded and it didn't fix it for me. I realize you're talking about a 208 B version though? Where would you find that, does it have anything to do with the jam?

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-27 12:01:31


At 6/27/15 11:58 AM, ElPandito wrote:
At 6/26/15 10:03 PM, RyuuseiGames wrote: Had you tried export in the Version 208b of C2??
Maybe could be too big.

At 6/26/15 08:37 PM, ElPandito wrote: Hello!

I'm afraid I need some assistance again >__<' : my game is broken on NG, while it works just fine elsewhere.

I'
Thanks a lot!
Well, I updated to the latest version I can find on the Scirra Website, which is 208 ... and re-exported, re-uploaded and it didn't fix it for me. I realize you're talking about a 208 B version though? Where would you find that, does it have anything to do with the jam?

No, no. You are right. Is 208. Could be something in the load. Many things loadind at same time. I really don't know.

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-27 13:42:37


At 6/27/15 02:01 AM, ECouture wrote: Hi, is my first jam

Is it normal, i was in the Construct Deception Jam game list and after my jugdment, I'm remove from the list ?

Great Jam , lots of fun doing it !!!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659795

Where can I see the list of games included in the contest?

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-27 16:17:28


Will the entry show up here automatically ? Or I need to add it manually?

thanks,

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-27 16:24:21


Here is my game in case it doesn't show up automatically

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659900

Response to Construct "Deception" Jam 2015-06-27 17:21:05


At 6/27/15 01:42 PM, rayanami wrote:
At 6/27/15 02:01 AM, ECouture wrote: Hi, is my first jam

Is it normal, i was in the Construct Deception Jam game list and after my jugdment, I'm remove from the list ?

Great Jam , lots of fun doing it !!!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/659795
Where can I see the list of games included in the contest?

http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/constructdeceptionjam


Where can I see the list of games included in the contest?
http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/constructdeceptionjam

Wah, my game isn't on the list either, what gives?