Respond to this Topic
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 22
Game Developer

Last week we had a Darkest Dungeon Art Contest, with a prize of Steam keys for the six best entries.

Here are the winners!

Top Six - Steam Key Recipients

• Porkchops and Bacon
    Porkchops and Bacon by deathink

"Porkchops and bacon, my two favorite animals."-Homer Simpson My entry for the Darkest Dungeon Art Contest. The game play an...

Score
    4.732620320 / 5.00
    Type
    Other
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Darkest Dungeon
    Darkest Dungeon by TurkeyOnAStick

I put the healer at the front BECAUSE THAT'S HOW I ROLL

Score
    4.562500000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • DarkestDungeon:Overconfidence
    DarkestDungeon:Overconfidence by ThePsychoSheep

After the party got obliterated,Vestal now stands as the last remaining member.Unfortunately she lost her mind and became hop...

Score
    4.452830188 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Darkest Dungeon Hexor Brute
    Darkest Dungeon Hexor Brute by Bladebrawl

I love the Darkest Dungeon artstyle and once I saw Newgrounds having a contest based around it I just couldn't pass it up. T...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Darkest Dungeon
    Darkest Dungeon by celeryman727

For Contest.

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Red all Over_Occultist
    Red all Over_Occultist by TaraGraphics

My entry for Darkest Dungeon I chose the Occultist. In a dungeon. All red. Badda Bing Badda Boom.

Score
    3.857142857 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

NOTE: ThePsychoSheep had accidentally been awarded twice. The list has now been updated, with TaraGraphics in sixth!

Thank you everyone who participated and congrats to the winners!

The theme this week is Super Chibi Knight by @BoMToons.

Create some fan art based on Super Chibi Knight, tag it "superchibiknight" and upload it to the Art Portal by Friday, March 20th at 12 noon EST!

Not scouted? We'll still find you!

Darkest Dungeon Runner-Ups

• The Broken Hellion
    The Broken Hellion by mohawkade

When the torches fade is when the true test of your mental fortitude unfolds. What madness will manifest itself as you descen...

Score
    4.289473684 / 5.00
    Type
    Fine Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Leper- The Darkest Dungeon
    Leper- The Darkest Dungeon by OdzicArt

So i've found about about this game.... AND ITS FRKIN AMZIN! Seriously, guys go check it out on http://store.steampowered.com...

Score
    3.826086956 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • At What Cost
    At What Cost by Charny

A little piece for fanart contest as I love the idea for the game. Personally I think jester is most interesting hero from th...

Score
    3.461538461 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Darkest desires
    Darkest desires by MidnightPlease

-Please don't send me back in there Made for the darkest dungeon art contest. I don't have the game but i watched some vide...

Score
    2.750000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 17+
  • Ham of Bic lighter doo
    Ham of Bic lighter doo by gween123

I was hoping to put some real work into this, but life has its way of getting in the way of things-- I'd say this is probably...

Score
    3.266666666 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 17+
  • Dark Adventure
    Dark Adventure by Boiled

Its quite dark.. Its pretty dark..

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • In Radiance...
    In Radiance... by alexdeathly

... may we find Victory. I just love my highwayman so much - he saved us so many times.

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Paid for In Blood
    Paid for In Blood by peystone

Fan art of the Game Darkest Dungeon ( Early access steam game) The fantastic thing about this game is that it has the ability...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • LoZ meets Darkest Dungeon!
    LoZ meets Darkest Dungeon! by socratous100

My Legend of Zelda / Darkest Dungeon mashup for the Darkest Dungeon art contest!

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Dont trust the Plague Doctor
    Dont trust the Plague Doctor by ProdanDimitrow

This plague doctor guy... there is something about him ...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Skeleton Warrior
    Skeleton Warrior by icecold-productions

From the darkness it sprung forward, all I could think about was claiming that Golden Armour for myself.

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    3D Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Mantis Mutant
    Mantis Mutant by icecold-productions

Kind of thought after looking at the game that this would fit the scenery nicely.

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    3D Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • The Highwayman
    The Highwayman by Clueboe

In this drawing, I experimented with the custom tool settings within Procreate, and I believe it turned out rather well.

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/miliade/burning-jester

• Crossbones
    Crossbones by MrClam

"Crossbones, that scary ass guy...thing... that Hobb got me as a guide through the mountains. Never talks, and somenthing abo...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • barb in the dark
    barb in the dark by AggyQuist

A hand drawn barbarian from darkest dungeon With an increasing stress level

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • The Darkest Dungeon Evaaaar
    The Darkest Dungeon Evaaaar by JimmyTheCaterpillar

is it dark enough 4 u

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Fine Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Also here's a classic piece by @jouste, pre-contest:

• The Darkest Dungeon Swinetaur
    The Darkest Dungeon Swinetaur by jouste

Oink! Hey guys! today is a very awesome and big day because the coolest indie RPG is out on early access! and that is Darke...

Score
    4.428571428 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Jouste is currently doing the art for Viking Squad!

Check out the Best of February and be sure to follow the Newgrounds Steam Curator page to keep up with what everyone is doing in Steam-world.

DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest!

Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Programmer
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 18:10:17 Reply

FIRST!

ACM | CNET | TOM'S HARDWAREI JOIN THE NRA TODAY!
Pre-Criminal guilty of Thoughtcrime.

Ehrrix
Ehrrix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 18:14:07 Reply

Still if i didnt win anything, the contest itself is a reward :)
Will join the next one! Thank you for featuring me Tom!
Go NG!

ThePsychoSheep
ThePsychoSheep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 18:31:13 Reply

First of all I would like to congratulate the winners of the contest and the splendid works they submitted!But I think my Jester pic shouldn't be in the winning category since IT WAS MADE PRE-CONTEST.I think the place should be given to someone else!

I think something smart has to be written in here but im too dumb to think it up
Click signature for my DeviantArt

BBS Signature
BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 18:37:19 Reply

Holy mackerel! Thanks Tom! I am so pumped to see what people come up with!

If you need inspiration, browse my news posts from the last year, visit SuperChibiKnight.com, or play the game on Steam Early Access!

peystone
peystone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 18:42:41 Reply

Congrats Winners

UncleBladey
UncleBladey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 18:50:16 Reply

AHHH. Thanks for picking me! You have filled my cold lifeless hunk of dead flesh of a heart with happiness. Thank you.

Grats on the other winner dudes and the other dudes who entered. So many dungeons that happen to be dark.

I'll definitely have to take part in more contests. That was way too fun.

CGA-999
CGA-999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
StupidFatHobbit98
StupidFatHobbit98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 18:59:06 Reply

Ok, I have been watching this contest for a while now and would just like to comment on the absolute stupidity of the outcome. I am not degrading anyone's work, but there is a complete disregard for all rules that a normal competition/contest should contain.

First of all, one of the people who won the contest posted his/her work later than the deadline was stated on the original post by the admin. This should not be happening in a competition of this genre, what if someone were to have spent an extra 3-4 days on their piece, but did not as they posted it before/on the day of the deadline? Well that is completely unfair and corrupt.

Secondly, this contest should NOT have included artwork BEFORE the contest was established, as they may have spent a much larger amount of time on their work than was included in the entire contest, again making the contest further corrupt and unfair for the poor people who worked their asses off to try and get their work in before the deadline.

Finally, I believe the contest should be re-evaluated for ONLY the people who entered their artwork within the contest times, otherwise what is the point of a deadline? You may think I am biased for writing this, and yes, you would be right about that assumption. I am not saying my friend's work should have won, but I just find that the nature of this contest is totally broken and unfair for the runners up who worked so hard to win this competition. If you are going to hold art contests, at least make them fair for the people who actually entered the competition! My friend worked extremely hard to win this competition, and to see him lose after all that hard work is really frustrating, considering he lost to work that 1. wasn't entered in the contest by a user, and 2. was entered after the deadline and should not even be included in the contest.

I won't state the name of my friend, because right now, I am speaking for all those who actually "played by the rules" of the contest, if it even HAS rules.

ExCharny
ExCharny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 19:34:43 Reply

I need to say that choice of winners is really far from my expectations. Interesting stuff

UncleBladey
UncleBladey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 19:38:24 Reply

Finally, I believe the contest should be re-evaluated for ONLY the people who entered their artwork within the contest times, otherwise what is the point of a deadline? You may think I am biased for writing this, and yes, you would be right about that assumption. I am not saying my friend's work should have won, but I just find that the nature of this contest is totally broken and unfair for the runners up who worked so hard to win this competition. If you are going to hold art contests, at least make them fair for the people who actually entered the competition! My friend worked extremely hard to win this competition, and to see him lose after all that hard work is really frustrating, considering he lost to work that 1. wasn't entered in the contest by a user, and 2. was entered after the deadline and should not even be included in the contest.

I won't state the name of my friend, because right now, I am speaking for all those who actually "played by the rules" of the contest, if it even HAS rules.

Tom stated in the contest post that he forgot about PAX, and was extending the contest. I wasn't sure if he initially meant extending when he was going to reveal the winners, or the actual deadline. So I entered, thinking he could have meant either. It was confusing, but from the looks of it he did mean he was extending the actual deadline.

JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Writer
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 19:58:14 Reply

FRONTPAGED?! Oh, Tom you shouldn't have! This is just the best day of my life. I want to thank my parents, and my sister, and my cat Sniffles, and my other cat Dookie, and my friends, and John Cena for being there for me when no one else was. Thank you everyone!!! <3

DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest!

SIG BY AMARANTHUS.| I USED TO BE BROKENRECORD6299 AND UNCLECUBONE
| I play a lot of Smash Bros.| Here's some advice on how to be a writer.
Shaboogity.

BBS Signature
Master-Awesome
Master-Awesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 20:35:18 Reply

Thank you very much!!! Some of you guys really brought it. I can't wait to see what people come up with for Super Chibi Knight. Pestoforce should enter this competition! hahaha
Anyway, i think these contest are a real great idea. I know you are focusing on steam devs right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing a "Prosnorkulususssus" contest someday, or even a broader "HappyHarry" contest.

@StupidFatHobbit98 it does seem like he extended the dead line, but even if he didn't I would still be OK with it. He still worked real hard on his project, just like you did. That is what is most important. For what it is worth, your Leper picture came out real great. Keep it up man, and someday it will not matter if they had a day a week or a month more than you! Your art looks very promising.

But let me ask you a question, who do you think should have taken that last place. You or Mohawkaid?

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

Dynoxter
Dynoxter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 20:50:48 Reply

Wow these are some great entries and winners! surprise there's already another contest ready and up, great job creating these events.

LucidShadowDreamer
LucidShadowDreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-12 22:37:29 Reply

Man, those are some great pieces of art right here!
Well, I guess we all knew that deathink would be among the winners XD

Congrats to all other winners, and great work everyone :D

StupidFatHobbit98
StupidFatHobbit98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate

At 3/12/15 08:35 PM, deathink wrote: Thank you very much!!! Some of you guys really brought it. I can't wait to see what people come up with for Super Chibi Knight. Pestoforce should enter this competition! hahaha
Anyway, i think these contest are a real great idea. I know you are focusing on steam devs right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing a "Prosnorkulususssus" contest someday, or even a broader "HappyHarry" contest.

@StupidFatHobbit98 it does seem like he extended the dead line, but even if he didn't I would still be OK with it. He still worked real hard on his project, just like you did. That is what is most important. For what it is worth, your Leper picture came out real great. Keep it up man, and someday it will not matter if they had a day a week or a month more than you! Your art looks very promising.

But let me ask you a question, who do you think should have taken that last place. You or Mohawkaid?

Lol I didn't post any pictures on here, I have just been watching the artwork that was being entered into the contest. Not going to state any names on who should have won but it should have been someone who entered the contest within the allocated dates.

And I highly doubt Tom would have extended the deadline, as many people had already posted their artwork, and if they had known about the extended deadline, they may have been able to improve their work and win that prize. I just find that too ridiculous and unfair to believe. I am almost certain he meant delaying the results of the contest rather than the deadline. If it is the latter then these contests really need to be fixed because a lot of good artwork got wasted thanks to that misleading message.

TheEnkian
TheEnkian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-13 03:56:09 Reply

I'm very tempted to take part in this one if I can scrape the time together.

Working on Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Wishlist it on Steam here, free demo now available!

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-13 06:22:40 Reply

Congrats to the winners! I agree with what DeathInk said, these Steam developer contests are a great idea. They really raise awareness for some creative up-and-coming indie games, and punches up the pool of available fanarts. Definitely looking forward to plugging in the Steam key.

At 3/12/15 06:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: The theme this week is Super Chibi Knight by BoMToons.

Create some fan art based on Super Chibi Knight, tag it "superchibiknight" and upload it to the Art Portal by Friday, March 20th at 12 noon EST!

This would be a fun contest. It'll be more colourful than Darkest Dungeon contest, for sure!

At 3/12/15 06:31 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: But I think my Jester pic shouldn't be in the winning category since IT WAS MADE PRE-CONTEST.I think the place should be given to someone else!

Oh whoops, that's my bad. I tagged it "darkestdungeon" because I thought you did make it for the contest, and didn't want you to miss out by neglecting the tag. I didn't realise it was made just a week earlier.

BBS Signature
iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-13 07:39:05 Reply

At 3/12/15 06:31 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: First of all I would like to congratulate the winners of the contest and the splendid works they submitted!But I think my Jester pic shouldn't be in the winning category since IT WAS MADE PRE-CONTEST.I think the place should be given to someone else!

I would like to agree.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 22
Game Developer

At 3/12/15 06:31 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: First of all I would like to congratulate the winners of the contest and the splendid works they submitted!But I think my Jester pic shouldn't be in the winning category since IT WAS MADE PRE-CONTEST.I think the place should be given to someone else!

I'm still catching up on replies but noting now - I hadn't realized I picked you twice as a winner! We're gonna bump one of the runner-ups to a winning slot that will be announced shortly!

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-13 10:40:23 Reply

At 3/12/15 08:35 PM, deathink wrote: Anyway, i think these contest are a real great idea. I know you are focusing on steam devs right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing a "Prosnorkulususssus" contest someday, or even a broader "HappyHarry" contest.

Fan-art for Steam games works well because Steam keys are an easy prize to give out, don't cost NG anything like all our other contests and also help promote games that people have potential to make a living off of. I'd love to do some NG fan-art contests but we'd have to figure out what a good prize would be for those... Could also just be for the thrill of participating.

I didn't sweat over the deadline because I want these contests to be fun and light. The original intent was to announce winners Friday night, meaning anyone who wasn't done by noon would have missed the window. Since winners were picked much later, it happened that a late entry got a lucky break.

I'd like people to see these contests as fun motivation to create something and support another creator with fan art. Winning is the icing on the cake but if too many people get upset every week, it makes the whole thing discouraging. It didn't help this week that we had a late entry AND an entry that was made before the contest, resulting in one artist winning twice by accident.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-13 10:43:33 Reply

I updated the original post and TaraGraphics is now among the winners!

BBS Signature
RB
RB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-13 15:12:52 Reply

At 3/12/15 06:37 PM, BoMToons wrote: Holy mackerel! Thanks Tom! I am so pumped to see what people come up with!

If you need inspiration, browse my news posts from the last year, visit SuperChibiKnight.com, or play the game on Steam Early Access!

I love your sign. Mind if I borrow it?

till we overdose

BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-13 15:25:17 Reply

At 3/13/15 03:12 PM, RB wrote:
At 3/12/15 06:37 PM, BoMToons wrote: Holy mackerel! Thanks Tom! I am so pumped to see what people come up with!

Not sure what you mean... the logo? You can get a hi-res .png here: http://superchibiknight.com/sck_newlogo.png

RB
RB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-14 04:48:50 Reply

At 3/13/15 03:25 PM, BoMToons wrote:

Not sure what you mean... the logo? You can get a hi-res .png here: http://superchibiknight.com/sck_newlogo.png

No, I am talking about your forum sign. The one with " no user with a girlfriend exists in our site"

till we overdose

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-14 05:47:08 Reply

Congrats to everyone EXCEPT deathink

Also, first post

None

koljm
koljm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-14 14:23:34 Reply

#superchibiknight

RB
RB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-14 15:06:06 Reply

At 3/14/15 01:27 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 3/14/15 04:48 AM, RB wrote:
At 3/13/15 03:25 PM, BoMToons wrote:
At 3/12/15 06:37 PM, BoMToons wrote:
No, I am talking about your forum sign. The one with " no user with a girlfriend exists in our site"
It's called a signature.

Sign for short.

till we overdose

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to DD Wins & Chibi Knight Art Contest! 2015-03-16 19:49:53 Reply

For a minute there, I thought the Duck Division had come back.

Anyway, now that the whining has calmed down, congrats to all the (eventual) winners.