00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craigfarndell just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New User Introduction Thread!

423,758 Views | 4,078 Replies

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-09 15:50:00

At 4/9/16 03:44 PM, PaulStetich wrote:
At 4/9/16 12:39 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

Welcome back to NewGrounds. Will you be more active this time?
Not much I can do on an Android, but I'm hanging in there at least

That is true, but keep hanging on. NewGrounds is definitely the place to be.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-09 15:55:53

At 4/9/16 06:57 AM, PaulStetich wrote: Hi guys. I'm not a new user but I just want to say I've missed the hell out of this place. Good to be back. Now . . . If only I could figure out my current predicament preventing me from creating music

Nice to have an old user back! You're coming back to a lot of fans and I bet they missed you! Hopefully, you'll be able to overcome what's preventing you from making some new music, so you can gain some more, huh? Haha.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-09 19:51:00

At 4/9/16 04:16 PM, PaulStetich wrote: All I really need is a certain program or at least something close to it (Cakewalk Kinetic 2)

Get the program and then you can back to what you do best.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-09 21:03:27

At 4/9/16 04:16 PM, PaulStetich wrote:
At 4/9/16 03:55 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:

Nice to have an old user back! You're coming back to a lot of fans and I bet they missed you! Hopefully, you'll be able to overcome what's preventing you from making some new music, so you can gain some more, huh? Haha.
All I really need is a certain program or at least something close to it (Cakewalk Kinetic 2)

Cakewalk Kinetic 2 is pretty pricey, so that sucks. If I had any recommendations for a cheaper program I'd tell you about it.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-09 21:06:30

Greetings from Detroit michigan. i used to go on this site as a young lad and now im 25.. still young tho haha. heeh. hoho. i like cats

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-09 21:42:16

Ive been farting all day, and they keep smelling worse and worse.. someone plz help meee

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-09 23:26:04

At 4/9/16 09:06 PM, DaveyJonez wrote: Greetings from Detroit michigan. i used to go on this site as a young lad and now im 25.. still young tho haha. heeh. hoho. i like cats

Welcome to the site!

At 4/9/16 09:42 PM, DaveyJonez wrote: Ive been farting all day, and they keep smelling worse and worse.. someone plz help meee

Lay off of the beans, man. Or maybe just go to the bathroom.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-10 03:33:55

At 4/9/16 09:06 PM, DaveyJonez wrote: Greetings from Detroit michigan. i used to go on this site as a young lad and now im 25.. still young tho haha. heeh. hoho. i like cats

Welcome to NewGrounds, DaveyJonez . Are you going to be more active now?

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-10 03:36:22

At 4/9/16 11:03 PM, PaulStetich wrote: It's one of those that you can't get used because they require you to enter in a registration code online for anti-piracy purposes. Smart on their end, cause once you're computer breaks you gotta buy the program again and enter in a new code. I'm actually gonna call Cakewalk HQ on Monday and see what I can do

Call Cakewalk HQ on Monday and see what you can do. Let us know how it goes.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-10 04:59:28

At 4/9/16 11:03 PM, PaulStetich wrote:
I really do appreciate that. I don't mind anymore about the money, now it's just hard to find an eight year old program. It's one of those that you can't get used because they require you to enter in a registration code online for anti-piracy purposes. Smart on their end, cause once you're computer breaks you gotta buy the program again and enter in a new code. It's kind of a stupid idea, and a pain in the ass. I'm actually gonna call Cakewalk HQ on Monday and see what I can do

Wow, it's an eight year old program? No wonder it's hard to find! Wouldn't it be better to purchase a newer program? I mean, it would probably be more expensive, but you'd probably get a better program with more tools and what not. Maybe one where you don't have to buy it again if your computer breaks, you know? I know you said you needed a certain program, but maybe they have a newer program that would suit your needs. Have you looked?

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-10 06:38:01

At 4/10/16 06:04 AM, PaulStetich wrote:
Yeah I've looked. Wasted a lot of money and time. I know CK2 better than anything that I've tried. Magix, what a rip off. They use the same registration policy but they don't give you instruments to start with. You have to go to a different website and actually buy instrument sets. Then you have to use a whole bunch of plug-ins which are harder to find. And even then you have to manually record what you want as opposed to simply writing it in.

That really sucks that you had to waste a lot of money and time to try to find a newer program. Then with that Magix program, that IS a major rip-off. Why create a music making program, but not have any instruments to use? That's like buying a box of cereal and then once you open it up there's no cereal. I bet you that Magix owns a website or two where you can buy instruments. They just want to get more money from people by ripping them off.

I guess it's best to stick with what you know works, huh? Haha. Well, I hope a phone call to the Cakewalk HQ tomorrow will help you out.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-11 19:51:28

At 4/10/16 04:15 AM, PaulStetich wrote: Thanks Strongbad. Will do

You are welcome. NewGrounds will always be the best because of users like you.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-12 03:31:43

At 4/10/16 07:25 AM, PaulStetich wrote:
Thanks. Here's to hoping. I'm sure I can at least get something similar. Cakewalk is a good company. Been with them since like 1996

How did the Cakewalk HQ call go?

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-12 13:27:57

At 2/23/15 05:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: New to NG or the NG forums? Introduce yourself in this thread! What brought you to NG?

You should also check out the Forum Rules and the FAQ while you're here!

Everyone else, feel free to welcome new users are they arrive!

Hello I'm new to new grounds. I found it through GD. I like DnB and a lot of Brostep.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-12 13:32:48

At 4/12/16 01:27 PM, ColdFire353 wrote:
Hello I'm new to new grounds. I found it through GD. I like DnB and a lot of Brostep.

Welcome to Newgrounds! I see you have one song submitted here. I hope you submit many more and have a good time doing so here.

If you ever want to try to get your songs more reviews, here's the Review Request Club.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1072042

I hope you have a good experience here!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-12 13:38:29

At 4/12/16 01:27 PM, ColdFire353 wrote: Hello I'm new to new grounds. I found it through GD. I like DnB and a lot of Brostep.

Welcome to NewGrounds, Coldfire353. Check out all the user generated content we have to offer. Enjoy your time here.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-12 13:50:37

At 4/12/16 01:48 PM, PaulStetich wrote:
Not good. Actually they don't accept calls they do email. So I gave up and downloaded Fruity Loops Mobile. Yes a music maker for the Android. Not bad. Gotta learn it

Did you try their email then? Either way, it sucks that it didn't work out the way you wanted it to. I hope you can still enjoy making music.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-12 18:40:59

At 4/12/16 01:38 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Welcome to NewGrounds, Coldfire353. Check out all the user generated content we have to offer. Enjoy your time here.

You keep saying the same thing lol

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-12 21:42:26

At 4/12/16 06:40 PM, VenomationsTV wrote:
At 4/12/16 01:38 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Welcome to NewGrounds, Coldfire353. Check out all the user generated content we have to offer. Enjoy your time here.
You keep saying the same thing lol

This is the New User Intro thread, and I am Introducing them. That is why most of them sound similar.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-13 07:14:56

At 4/12/16 09:42 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is the New User Intro thread, and I am Introducing them. That is why most of them sound similar.

Oh

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-15 00:29:05

HELLO!

A rising star on the rise...

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-15 02:22:27

At 4/15/16 12:29 AM, FrenZeon wrote: HELLO!

Hello. Welcome to NewGrounds, FrenZeon. You should check out all of our user generated content. The forums are always a nice place to visit. Have fun.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-15 06:30:58

I saw the news post on your page about your very recent return, so welcome back! You have some nice music, so I hope you stick around and continue to make more!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-15 06:51:44

At 4/15/16 06:30 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
I saw the news post on your page about your very recent return, so welcome back! You have some nice music, so I hope you stick around and continue to make more!

I had a lot of them, but the song Red Domination will be released tomorrow sometime. Also, my audio are in this link-->http://frenzeon.newgrounds.com/audio
Better check out all of them and leave me a review on each of them!

A rising star on the rise...

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-15 07:10:50

At 4/15/16 06:51 AM, FrenZeon wrote:
At 4/15/16 06:30 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
I had a lot of them, but the song Red Domination will be released tomorrow sometime. Also, my audio are in this link-->http://frenzeon.newgrounds.com/audio
Better check out all of them and leave me a review on each of them!

Haha, I'll try.

Also, if you don't know about the Review Request Club and want more people to review your songs, here's the link:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1072042

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-16 14:13:51

At 4/16/16 02:11 PM, ZodiacSon wrote: New huh? Yeah, I'm new.

Welcome to Newgrounds!
What do you think of your father's chances of winning the GOP nomination?

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-16 16:22:01

Welcome to NewGrounds, ZodiacSon. NewGrounds is the place to be. Enjoy your time here.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-16 16:24:11

At 4/16/16 02:42 PM, Xrayfiles wrote: Hi. I'll be searching here.

Welcome to NewGrounds, Xrayfiles. What are you searching for? You should be able to find it here at NewGrounds. Enjoy your stay here.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-16 17:22:10

Welcome! Hope you stick around and have a good experience here.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-04-17 11:51:26

Hello all. My name is Bradley.

I'm not particularly a new user. I was active on this site about 7 years ago. Then I moved away for a few years and recently decided to try to use the site regularly again. I never really used the forums, however.

So I guess in relation to the forums, I am a new user then. So, Hi again, and thanks for the warm welcomes.