00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

SoundChris Music Thread

5,570 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-05-24 16:08:59

At 5/24/15 03:27 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Your music is too good. You are a threat, and you must be destroyed for the good of my ego.

First song I heard from him, immediately became a fan:

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-05-24 18:01:53

At 5/24/15 04:08 PM, Phonometrologist wrote:
At 5/24/15 03:27 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Your music is too good. You are a threat, and you must be destroyed for the good of my ego.
First song I heard from him, immediately became a fan:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/547585

My god that is awesome, when I have the time I need to sit down and go through all of his tracks. Shame that he doesn't allow downloads on some of his stuff, I really need some new music to listen to at work.

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-05-30 19:38:02

@Troisnyx thanks a lot! I will try to recover asap. Its getting better but it will stil take a few hours until i will have totally recovered

@blackattackbitch thanks a lot for your kindness :) If you wanted a special track of mine just tell me and i can get it to you!

@Phonometrologist : You honor me :) Thanks a lot for your great support!

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-05-30 20:08:00

Hey there guys,

today falconer02 has released the final 28th episode of his great Minecraft: The Noob Adventures! I had the honorable mission to compose for that epic project. I guess if you check out the animation you understand how much fun we had working on this project.

Here is the final Episode of The Noob Adventures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c__9-UtnvfQ

And here is the Soundtrack i have written:

I hope you enjoy this little musical journey. My personal favourites are Cradle of Sorrow, Ambushed and Brave New World :D

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-06-01 17:31:22

Ladies and Gentlemen, dear Folks :D

I am very happy today to finally be able to present my very first composer´s webpage. Say hello to my new little baby here:

http://www.chris-schlee.com/

Since i am stil very new to the business its just normal that there isnt that much content concerning projects and stuff, but i am very VERY happy with the final result. Crista, the web designer that helped me to create it really did a great job IMO! I hope you guys also will like it. This will be the home for all my projects, audio and other stuff for the next years.

Well then - Cheers :D

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-06-01 19:18:37

Good site. Nice and clean layout; easy to navigate.

Well done.

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-06-01 21:27:23

At 6/1/15 05:31 PM, SoundChris wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen, dear Folks :D

I am very happy today to finally be able to present my very first composer´s webpage. Say hello to my new little baby here:

http://www.chris-schlee.com/

Since i am stil very new to the business its just normal that there isnt that much content concerning projects and stuff, but i am very VERY happy with the final result. Crista, the web designer that helped me to create it really did a great job IMO! I hope you guys also will like it. This will be the home for all my projects, audio and other stuff for the next years.

Well then - Cheers :D

Oh nice!
it reminds me of Keith Kenniff's website and therefore I approve:
http://www.unseen-music.com/

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-06-02 17:28:58

@DL2Electron Thanks so much! The goal was it to make it nice but stil straight forward. So it means a lot to me if you found the navigation logical and easy *happy* :D

@Phonometrologist I guess you think they took a similar wordpress theme. Those with the parallaxe effect (that the background pics are scrolling slower etc) are very trendy right now. The one i used here is the "brooklyn" template. It is really totally awesome and very impressive. Check out what you can do with it:

http://themeforest.unitedthemes.com/wpversions/brooklyn/landing/

Check out the examples with the cars and the one with the video game theme. It was love at the first sight :D

There are a few similar templates but i personally liked this most!

Thank @dem0lecule ! Well - the problem with a one scroll only page is that you have very much content to scroll through. The disadvantages are: Longer loading times, harder to find what you really are looking for. Thats why i decided to stick with a one scroller basic structure but outsourcing some stuff in subpages to keep it more straight forward. But i understand what you mean. I also was thinking about doing this quite a lot!

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-06-03 16:56:26

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!! The moment i have been waiting for since many years: Fallout 4 has been announced today and it seems to become awesome again :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW7Of3g2JME

Btw - if anyone of you guys ever wanted to create a fallout 3 or 4 mod or animation - i am the music guy!! Would love to score a game in this vintage retro 50ies style muhaha...

Now lets hope they will release the game asap!

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-07-05 16:40:04

Hey there people,

i am proud to be able to announce that i participated in the very large film music festival "Filmtonart 2015" and that my submission - a jazz quartett piece - had been nominated. In the end my submission was in the last 3 prize winning pieces and i won avids pro tools 12, a magnum bottle of moet & chandon champagne and a lot of great experiences and contacts. Here is my little track - the short movie sequence is from Nicolas Steiner´s movie "Above and Below".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTgyRMjLirc

I hope you will enjoy it!

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2015-07-05 17:42:32 (edited 2015-07-05 17:42:56)

At 7/5/15 04:40 PM, SoundChris wrote: Hey there people,

i am proud to be able to announce that i participated in the very large film music festival "Filmtonart 2015" and that my submission - a jazz quartett piece - had been nominated. In the end my submission was in the last 3 prize winning pieces and i won avids pro tools 12, a magnum bottle of moet & chandon champagne and a lot of great experiences and contacts. Here is my little track - the short movie sequence is from Nicolas Steiner´s movie "Above and Below".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTgyRMjLirc

I hope you will enjoy it!

Great piece and congrats on the win.

May I ask what effects (like compression, eq, reverb) did you use on the mixer channels if any, or are they just straight from sample libraries? The piece sounds very professional.

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2016-03-02 14:59:00 (edited 2016-03-02 15:00:21)

Finally i completed the move to my new flat where i finally have got a separated room for my studio. Its not totally complete yet - i am stil missing a good controller (i probably will go for the Avid Artist Series or the Icon Qcon Pro. I am also thinking of adding a small midi keyboard - maybe a NI Komplete Kontrol S49 to have my keyswitches on a separeted board. Finding a way to organize them in a reasonable way will be complicated i guess...). Besides those 2 things i think everything is ready for action now :) My Mac Pro problems also seem to be fixed. It turned out that the late 2013 model series produced between february and april 2015 hat defect GPUs ... thanks AMD. Well finally that horror stories are over now.

SoundChris Music Thread

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2016-03-02 16:40:04

Nice work, your studio looks absolutely amazing! I'm totally envious now :)

find me on YouTube

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2016-03-02 17:00:53 (edited 2016-03-02 17:01:34)

At 3/2/16 04:40 PM, hyperdemented wrote: Nice work, your studio looks absolutely amazing! I'm totally envious now :)

Thanks man. But really - what you see here isnt that expensive (besides the mac pro, the 27´´thunderbolt display and the external thunderbolt SSDs). I combined several ikea elements to build the desk. The smaller displays are samsung syncnaster bx2231 which you can get quite low priced on ebay. Whats quite expensive here is all the software but thats not what you see here. Really - its not that heavy to create a desk like that for a reasonable price. But once you did it working with it becomes a lot more exciting. I only can recommend that :)

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2016-03-03 18:38:50

At 3/2/16 07:05 PM, Tacticat wrote: With those equipments, you could create insanely good stuff. That NI controller must be worth a fortune.

Well i saw a few guys using a separated keyboard just for their Keyswitches and it seemed quite useful. The big advantage if that Komplete Kontrol thing is that you really can navigate through your Kontakt and other NI instruments very quickly and instantly have got all parameters shown at the display ready to accept your commands :) Its not really necessary. But i guess its a time saver. The only thing i am stil a little bit concerned is the midi controller thing. I stil tend to the Icon Qcon pro or (if it works well with Logic X) Avid Artist series. But i guess after that move now i need some time to save for that. But that has got time. No need to hurry.

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2016-05-01 18:33:47

Hey there guys,

here is a little new track that i composed for the Sonokinetic "Brothers of Honor" contest 2016. The goal was to score this epic world war 2 cinematic movie trailer. Hope you like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ3embwgYA

(had to create it TODAY ... exhausted now ...)

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2016-05-02 04:38:56

At 5/1/16 06:33 PM, SoundChris wrote: Hey there guys,

here is a little new track that i composed for the Sonokinetic "Brothers of Honor" contest 2016. The goal was to score this epic world war 2 cinematic movie trailer. Hope you like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciQ3embwgYA

(had to create it TODAY ... exhausted now ...)

One of your more poignant ones. I really like it, especially when it started going into the minor chords.
I was partly hoping for a Band of Brothers influence in this -- just a smidge, you understand. But no harm done. ^_^

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2016-11-17 17:14:01 (edited 2016-11-17 17:15:35)

Hey there folks,

i know it has been a while. But this wasnt the best year i ever had. Many of you already knew that my dad had a very aggressive and lethal kind of cancer - pancrea carcinoma. Usually people have about 1 month up to 3 months left once the diagnosis is realized. In his case it took 14 months. He was a very life-strong man and he really took his fate with dignity. I am very glad i stil could have many good moments with him before he finally left us at the 24th of August. And it was not the cancer that killed him but an accident. It seems he got inconscious while standing and fell directly on his face. I found him immediately after it happened. I have never seen someone bleeding that badly and he also wasnt able to talk to me aymore. Je just looked at me for a few seconds trying to do something. He couldn´t because he broke his cervical spine 2 times. But also that wasn´t what killed him but the cardiac arrest that happened due to the shock. They could reanimate him. But after 5 - 10 minutes without any heart activity he was braindead. So we let him go which always had been his will. Even it was very hard for me and my mother we are not ungrateful. He had a great life and succeeded in almost anything he did (health, job, love and all the other really important things) - i would say he really was perfectly satisfied and we were able to spend a lot fo time together. I have been with him about 4 hours minimum daily during all these 14 months - every single day (besides 2 days when i made a short tripp to vienna). Now since my dad had gone i was there for my mom and also handled all the death-related tasks with her - next to my fulltime law job. Thats why i haven´t written much music during the last few months. This hopefully will change again soon.

After all these heavy times i decided to start playing a new instrument (as many of you know i play piano and violin). I always have loved guitar so i purchased an acoustic nylon - a Höfner Master HM-120 - about one week ago. Here is a little piece that i have learned and recorded on the very first day having the instrument. It isn´great, but it is my very first guitar experience in my life. I hope i will become better asap and also, that my fingers will stop hurting (didnt expect it would be such a painful experiece at the beginning :D ).

https://soundcloud.com/soundchris-1/my-very-first-day-having-a-guitar

Hole you guys had a better time!

SoundChris Music Thread

BBS Signature

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2016-11-17 19:44:00

My deep condolences, I am very sorry to hear what had happened and I hope you'll pull through.

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2016-11-21 01:14:25

I'm sorry for your loss.
It's very understandable that you haven't been able to produce much lately. I am looking forward to when you are able to get back to it, ofc, but it's okay to take your time.
Maybe in the future, you'll bless us by playing & recording a few jams on that marvelous guitar for us!

Response to SoundChris Music Thread 2017-03-26 18:50:15 (edited 2017-03-26 18:53:28)

Old SoundChris Real-Life Recordings Found ;)

Hey there guys,

while bringing my basement in order i have found my old Sony Minidisc Recorder and was able to rescue some of my performances. Most of them were just recordings that show me training some pieces. I tended to do so to have a better overview of my playing, the way i interpreted, how my technique was and if it feeled convincing - so most of these recordings i did to help myself to train my pieces more effectively.

Because many of you guys continuously askk / asked me if i played an instrument in real life or if i am "just" a computer-music-creator: Here are a few samples (apologize: The recording quality is really horrible. These days i just layed the mic on the piano and recorded it without knowing anything about using a mic an all that stuff ... really very pro :D )

Overall: I play piano, played violin a long time, was a singer years ago and am learning to play guitar right now. Ah and i also played several recorders and perc, but that was back about 25 years then :D

Ok - so here are a few samples. Again: I am just uploading these to show that i am / were also playing instruments in reality ;)

The Real SoundChris: Piano:
Chopin - Etude Op.10 No.5 ("Black Keys")

Lol i cant remember what that was - something baroque

The Real SoundChris: Singing:
Mozart - Don Giovani - "La ci darem" (I had to accompany the girl - it was her music final test / concert in school)

The Real SoundChris: Violin
I am also not sure what i have played here. I guess its a Prokofiev? If anyone can help me telling me what piece this is i would be thankful lol :D

Ok. Here we go :) If you guys also performed something i encourage you to upload it, too. There is no reason to feel ashamed, even if there are wrong notes, issues and so on. Its about having fun making music in reality - something that i really would love to do more ...

These recordings wont be interesting for most of the audioportal´s members. I just upload this material for my fans. So feel free to zerobomb me to hell - its ok :D

BBS Signature