00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SebG9 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

voice actor collab questions

538 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

voice actor collab questions 2015-02-05 12:29:11

Hi all

Someone told me, that I should consider getting some voice actors for my projects to boost my score.

I have trust issues letting people, that I don't know, participate in my projects. I am serious about making a living of my animation series some day, and I want to avoid any possible legal issues in the future with anyone else who contributed to my animation episodes.

What are the pros/cons are of getting outside help for voice acting?

Can a voice actor suddenly demand a portion of rights to my work because he/she made some voices for some of the characters?

Heya

Response to voice actor collab questions 2015-02-06 15:14:14

Nah don't worry, as long as you agree on the copyright terms with the voice actor beforehand and do everything they say (usually they just want their name in the credits) then you'll be fine. It's normal to be a bit worried about the legal issues of collaborating on a creative project, but you'll be fine to share your work with a team even just another voice actor - I rarely hear of voice actors throwing hissy fits over animations WHEN they've been properly credited and agreed over payment or lack thereof.

Alright, thanks for the reply. Do you think a mail conversation can be sufficient as a proof/"contract" of agreement?

At 2/6/15 03:14 PM, Amped2Flash wrote: Nah don't worry, as long as you agree on the copyright terms with the voice actor beforehand and do everything they say (usually they just want their name in the credits) then you'll be fine. It's normal to be a bit worried about the legal issues of collaborating on a creative project, but you'll be fine to share your work with a team even just another voice actor - I rarely hear of voice actors throwing hissy fits over animations WHEN they've been properly credited and agreed over payment or lack thereof.

Heya