00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Grlmc just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Just Getting Started

1,292 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Just Getting Started 2014-12-13 04:04:44

For all my life, I've grown up doing impressions of cartoons, as well as making up my own voices. In the last several months, I've begun to take the voice impressions more seriously.

Since I'm technically just getting started with taking it more seriously, could any of you experienced voice actors give me advice on things such as how to perfect my voices, as well as tell me what equipment I should think about purchasing (mics, computer programs, etc.)

Thank you!

Listen to my voice reel here!

Response to Just Getting Started 2014-12-13 11:25:56

At 12/13/14 04:04 AM, lostgalaxy1 wrote:
Thank you!

Something that came at me very fast in the voice acting community was having pros like Gregory Houser, Bill Rogers, Ellyn and Richard Epcar, Kyle Hebert and Crispin Freeman all tell me that as a voice actor, you should be doing more than impressions. That's not to say that people, especially on Newgrounds, won't find such talents useful.

And the usual. Making sure you have a decent mic people want to work with. Just a condenser mic will do. And some recording software. Like Audacity, which is free. Just immerse yourself into a lot of voice acting communities and always try to be receptive to criticism or advice you hear from people in the business who are experienced.

I hope the best!

Voice of Pipistrella in Pit People, Riley from Zonestream. Voice of Lily, Aurora and Lenora in Everwing