00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

agagaty just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds and Net Neutrality

2,691 Views | 35 Replies

Response to Newgrounds and Net Neutrality 2014-09-10 13:16:30

At 9/10/14 10:37 AM, SwisherCovent wrote: It's a buzzword to these guys, they don't really understand what it means.
If only you kept up with XHTML 1.0 Strict, Tom! IMAGINE.

all you really would need to do was SQL maybe a file into the server via the dropbox or maybe do a middle-man approach.

DUH!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds and Net Neutrality 2014-09-10 13:24:56

At 9/10/14 08:36 AM, NuclearInfected wrote:

Didn't it help with that SOPA thing?

I hope so I made a shitty cartoon about it lol

Response to Newgrounds and Net Neutrality 2014-09-10 14:42:54

At 9/10/14 10:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: Sorry, was gonna make a post today but should have said something yesterday - it's part of a "web-wide campaign" but if it's a CPU hog maybe we should just pull it.

It's okay, just surprised me is all.

Also got a bit peeved yesterday going to CVS, and seeing all the anti-smoking propaganda behind the tills... not going back there anyway; the allergy pills aren't working anymore, and everything's overpriced compared to unaffiliated pharmacies. Guess I wouldn't mind the corporate 'public opinion', but smokes are made without health and safety in mind, whatsoever |: In fact the added chalk and other flame retardant materials they've added to the now national mix, are many times more toxic to the user.... Fire Safety Code (FSB) is another gimmick to kill off the smokers, while looking politically correct (like there were that many fires started by cigarettes, to justify killing the smoker).

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds and Net Neutrality 2014-09-10 14:54:25

At 9/10/14 02:42 PM, VicariousE wrote: Also got a bit peeved yesterday going to CVS, and seeing all the anti-smoking propaganda behind the tills... not going back there anyway;

I went to CVS while they put cigarettes on clearance, it was great. I have enough cigarettes to last me the rest of the year.

I thought that little blip on the right was a virus as well though tbh. I was like oh god somethings trying to install itself, im getting outta here.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds and Net Neutrality 2014-09-10 21:32:57

At 9/10/14 11:09 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/10/14 01:27 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote: I'm not wholly convinced Net Neutrality coming to an end will quite be the disaster people are making it out to be.

For anyone willing to reply to this and try arguing, don't. The only thing I can say is, I'm not convinced. I've seen too much fear mongering online to trust any of it anymore. That's all there is to it.
It has already impacted NG and would only get worse, I just made a front page post about it.

Hmm....well, I will go look at it. It's not that I'm completely close minded, but I have to be skeptical about these things for obvious reasons (that I've already said: I've seen a lot of fear mongering on the internet, and it usually turns out to be nothing).

Response to Newgrounds and Net Neutrality 2014-09-10 23:42:46

At 9/10/14 02:54 PM, Luis wrote: I went to CVS while they put cigarettes on clearance, it was great. I have enough cigarettes to last me the rest of the year.

You're pulling my lariat, I'm sure :)

I thought that little blip on the right was a virus as well though tbh. I was like oh god somethings trying to install itself, im getting outta here.

That was no little blip on my old, single core laptop! Had the same reaction though, "Run away!!"

Was thinking about you the other day, how goes the rat race?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature