00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What inspired you to become an anim

938 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animator?

Just curious is all. Any movies that got you into it or something?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-08-30 18:54:04

At 8/30/14 02:57 PM, Wegra wrote: Animator?

What mostly inspired me to animate was seeing Eddsworld for the first time. I remember my brother and I watching it all the time on my grandmothers old computer. Then Oney came along and blew me away with his Left 4 Dead animation. From there I watched every one of his Adobe Flash tutorials about 10 times. So I "purchased" Adobe Flash CS5 and a cheap tablet, the rest is history.

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-08-30 21:23:57

Ever since I was about 7-8 I've wanted to be an animator. I was always drawing. My inspiration came from watching Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonball Z and The Simpsons from when I was young. Some of these still inspire me today but I have a wide range of inspiration now

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-08-31 10:37:47

Well, animated movies and when I was a lkid I thought that it was amazing how they had to draw 25 frames for 1 second. I started learning Autodes3DS Max and I made some animations. Then, a friend of my dad told me about Flash. I saw Jazza's tutorials and I learned nearly everything about Flash, than I got Flash cs6 and started making animations.

till we overdose

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-01 10:14:00

Really interesting topic!

Even though it has relatively crappy animation, South Park is the show that first got me into animating. I don't know why exactly, but it made me want to make my own cartoon show. Another big inspiration for me is John Kricfalusi, I love his facial expressions in Ren & Stimpy.

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-01 17:33:55

The Tex Avery Documentary

Seeing how they made cartoons made me want to be an animator when I grew up.

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-02 02:49:41

I've always wanted to be an animator since like, elementary school. I remember they used to have special marathons for Bug's Bunny's birthday where they would show classic behind the scenes footage of all the old warner bros. animators working at termite terrace and talk about how all the different directors had their own way of drawing bugs bunny. Seeing that really solidified it in my mind once I had proof that it was an actual job done by people.

Smarty Art, Ninja, Action

BBS Signature

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-04 11:49:45

I'm not an animator, but I've been watching flash tutorials for ages, so even though I haven't animated I still got inspired to. Pivot was the first program I used, I remember downloading gun add-ons, fun times.

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-04 14:24:24

Mario Paint allowed you to create 4-9 frame animations, that was my first exposure to animation. Oddly enough the first thing I animated were pixellated explosions.. I then became very analytic when watching cartoons (and sprite sheets from video games) and picked up Flash some day because all the cool kids on newgrounds used it to tell their stories with. I basically spent ten years staring at stuff and suddenly started myself once I accumulated enough knowledge.

BBS Signature

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-04 20:04:38

Oh man, I totally forgot about Mario Paint! I made all kinds of stuff with that! I had a vhs with everything I ever made on it; I wonder where it is now?

BBS Signature

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-05 05:16:16

At 9/4/14 08:04 PM, Celshaded wrote: Oh man, I totally forgot about Mario Paint! I made all kinds of stuff with that! I had a vhs with everything I ever made on it; I wonder where it is now?

Wow I hope you stumble across that tape someday! Watching it will probably give you childhood memory overdose.

BBS Signature

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-14 21:13:49

Well ever since I was a kid, I used to watch a lot of cartoons and Anime and always had these good feelings inside, and I thought to myself, "I want the rest of the world to have these epic feelings when watching a great show"
and ever since I've been working my way up to become a better animator . I've now reached Flash Level XD
I've already done Pivot and PowerPoint :P

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-15 05:22:10

Aardman animations, Terry Gilliam, Ray Harryhausen, The guys over at Adult Swim, and of course the newgrounds Community really, without newgrounds I wouldn of discovered flash as an animation tool really and I really appreciate them those animators for that

BBS Signature

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-15 13:32:01

I have yet to make anything worthwhile but it was a combination of Egoraptor and the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion. Since I actually got a wacom tablet I've started leaning more toward live-action but the interest in animation is still there.

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-18 12:10:41

"Freddy Got Fingered"

pee pee poo poo

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-18 20:05:50

The movie "Akira." Great style, acting, action, color, lighting, etc.

Oh also Avatar: The Last Airbender for all the same reasons.

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-23 00:03:27

that weird al music video beverly hillbillies of all things

Response to What inspired you to become an anim 2014-09-24 00:01:10

At 9/18/14 12:10 PM, ThePivotsXXD wrote: "Freddy Got Fingered"

YES!!!
I can't wait to sell my cartoon so I can buy my girl a bag of jewls!

BBS Signature