00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BunnyMaul just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artist looking for a programmer

763 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artist looking for a programmer 2014-04-23 12:17:35


I have an idea for a vidya game that I'm currently animating. It will be castle crashers-esque (beat-em-up), but i need a programmer to help me out. The characters will be super customizable with hair, ears, skin color, eyes, eyebrows, and clothing. The player will have an NPC partner that can combine with the player to form badass armor for the player (also increases stats and other ideal bonuses). The player will be able to find other partners throughout the game (robots, golems, demons, myth creatures) that will give different stat increases and bonuses, as well as different looking armor when combined with the player. In addition to partners, there will be elemental pets you can find throughout each level. There will be 6 elements (earth, fire, wind, water, light, dark) ergo, 6 different creatures. When you collect a creature, it can unleash a summon at your command. Each element will have four levels of summon, one greater than the last. In other words, if you collect 4 of the fire creatures, you can unleash a level 4 summon.
Aside from pets and partners, the player will have magic. I haven't doled out how the magic would work but I have ideas.
Of course, there will be a plethora of weapons to choose from. I want this game to be very customizable.
This will obviously take an extreme amount of time, so dedication is required.

Story: An artist is looking for inspiration, and finds a genie. The genie will grant him one wish. The artist wishes for inspiration to create the best story ever made. The genie brings the artist through his own mind to explore all possibilities. They go through every popular myth and story in the form of levels. At the end (final boss?) the artist realizes that he just lived all of the greatest stories, rather than finding one source of inspiration from it. He uses his art medium to express that he found all of the inspiration.

The pic uploaded is just a rough concept of a (custom) player, pet, and partner.

Artist looking for a programmer

…

Response to Artist looking for a programmer 2014-04-26 17:43:14


1. Will the game be commercial or Non-Commercial?
2. Will the game be for upload on newgrounds?
3. Which Programming language would you want the programmer to use?

Really interested in this game, but gotta get some more details first.


Just a random idiot

…

Response to Artist looking for a programmer 2014-04-27 23:54:16


At 4/26/14 05:43 PM, enochcity wrote: 1. Will the game be commercial or Non-Commercial?
2. Will the game be for upload on newgrounds?
3. Which Programming language would you want the programmer to use?

Really interested in this game, but gotta get some more details first.

1. It could be either, I don't exactly have the business aspect of it all figured out, just the art and ideas.
2. Sure, why not! lol
3. It honestly doesn't matter, as long as it gets the job done. One I don't trust is Game Maker, though. I feel it's limited to what I'm working for.

…

Response to Artist looking for a programmer 2014-04-30 14:39:18


Your game idea seems very interesting/creative and very doable. I would love to work on it although there would be a few limitations too my input. At the moment I am working on HTML5 which would be great to use also it could have all the benefits of the platform.
If you might be interested in working with this amateur programmer just reply or PM me.


BBS Signature
…