00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

neojuge just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to get started on a story.

442 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How to get started on a story. 2014-04-04 22:16:08

A major thing you would be smart to look into,is history.Look at some of the famous poets and writers,where did they start? In the dirt, but one day decided to sit down, and write.If you want some inspiration, go see a movie, watch the clouds, talk with friends.Just remember that if you can't come up with anything one day, go do something else and come back to it rejuvenated and happy,ready to crack your knuckles and get to typing with all your cares washed away.Another good thing to do when you aren't being very good at writing is to listen to music.Music can really move you and make you happy to make you hyper and goofy.I recommend the band poison,or possibly Eminem,they have very upbeat lyrics a lot of the time,and that's exactly what you want.I find it easy to write in the fantasy genre,as you can use all your creative juices,and fuse them together with everything you know in this world,making an explosion of crazy and amazing things.

Thank you Skeletor, I agree with myself as well.

BBS Signature

Response to How to get started on a story. 2014-04-04 22:39:52

Just write words and see what happens.

Like you did when you made this thread. Except, creatively or something like that.

Signature...Ha...

Response to How to get started on a story. 2014-04-05 15:30:09

At 4/4/14 10:39 PM, MoonClock wrote: Just write words and see what happens.

Like you did when you made this thread. Except, creatively or something like that.

Stop being a critical douche,I've wrote something for people who can't just "WRITE WORDS",dumb ass,if you just write words,you can come up with,the a it quarter hello,so no,that's retarded advice

BBS Signature

Response to How to get started on a story. 2014-04-05 17:54:59

At 4/5/14 03:30 PM, krazedkaracter wrote:
At 4/4/14 10:39 PM, MoonClock wrote: Just write words and see what happens.

Stop being a critical douche,I've wrote something for people who can't just "WRITE WORDS",dumb ass,if you just write words,you can come up with,the a it quarter hello,so no,that's retarded advice

See that post you just submitted? Good, you're off to a great start. Now, channel that frustration and put it into a short story. Attach it to a character and go with it.

Signature...Ha...

Response to How to get started on a story. 2014-05-22 00:51:10

See that post you just submitted? Good, you're off to a great start. Now, channel that frustration and put it into a short story. Attach it to a character and go with it.

just stfu man, your being an ass to a guy just trying to help some people.f*** off.ending it.

How to get started on a story.

BBS Signature