00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Learn Drawing In Adobe Flash Cc

715 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Learn Drawing In Adobe Flash Cc 2014-03-03 15:13:44

Hey guys,

I want to learn drawing (particularly anime/manga) with my wacom tablet. I tried photoshop cs5 (30 days version) and it worked fine. The problem is it's expensive, the testversion didn't last very long and i only used it for drawing.

I also learn much about Adobe Flash CC(script, animation, ...) and maybe i even buy it. If i draw anime/manga there, i have the feeling it isn't really optimized for it.

My question is that should I stay at Adobe Flash CC or should i get an other programm which isnt that expensive or even free (GIMP)?

Response to Learn Drawing In Adobe Flash Cc 2014-03-03 15:26:34

I presume (correct me if I am wrong) that you will be drawing a lot of lineart? If that is the case i would recommend Paint Tool Sai, which I use(ed) myself. It's a raster program with vector elements which makes linework look smooth and still gives you freedoom to color in a more photoshop-esque way. It (at least when I bought it) it was much cheaper than Photoshop and Flash.

Response to Learn Drawing In Adobe Flash Cc 2014-03-04 02:00:59

Sai is indeed a good art program as Larkatosa suggested. Now if you're planning to do vector work, then I recommend Illustrator. And it's mainly because at some point if you decide to import your works to Flash, the transition will become far easy. While Flash does have pen and bezier tools, it's severely limited as its core function focuses mainly on animation.

Response to Learn Drawing In Adobe Flash Cc 2014-03-04 10:14:30

Thx for showing the programs.