00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ima post some stuff (my art)S.S.

567 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ima post some stuff (my art)S.S. 2014-03-03 00:34:14

so im very new to this..
thought i would show off my first drawing ive made from my tablet
any tips/advice is always welcomed
sooo... he it is

Response to Ima post some stuff (my art)S.S. 2014-03-03 01:54:04

At first glance it's a bit tough to decipher what the image is.
It seems you were concerned about the form of whatever it was you were painting.
It was not until I viewed your gallery to find out that this was suppose to represent an idea of lava.

What sells lava well is to focus more on the tonal range. A large quantity of extreme dark and subtle bits of near white.
I suggest for you to be more sloppy as you start out without a care for accuracy with large brushes.
Focus more on the mood of the piece. (In this case the mood is along the lines of: "We have angered the mighty Bambula! My village! Oh gods my village!)
As time goes on you may choose to bring out areas that really speak to you with more smaller, more precise strokes.

Response to Ima post some stuff (my art)S.S. 2014-03-03 19:00:51

At 3/3/14 01:54 AM, Cairos wrote: What sells lava well is to focus more on the tonal range. A large quantity of extreme dark and subtle bits of near white.
I suggest for you to be more sloppy as you start out without a care for accuracy with large brushes.
Focus more on the mood of the piece. (In this case the mood is along the lines of: "We have angered the mighty Bambula! My village! Oh gods my village!)
As time goes on you may choose to bring out areas that really speak to you with more smaller, more precise strokes.

Thank you that was very helpful
i like the idea of a bigger brush gets more done faster
this took me forever to do it was 2x the size but i scaled it down a bit