00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lazyliving456 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds is having DNS errors

2,869 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-15 19:01:25

Not sure if anyone knows there's a problem yet, but try going to various people's pages and you'll get either Error 1001 DNS resolution error from CloudFlare network, or the generic server not found page your browser gives you when a website doesn't exist.

I'm sure it's related to the recent site migration. So, Tom, Wade, ... anyone? .. Someone needs to look into this.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-15 19:16:39

At 1/15/14 07:01 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Not sure if anyone knows there's a problem yet, but try going to various people's pages and you'll get either Error 1001 DNS resolution error from CloudFlare network

This is happening for some people and we're not sure why yet. We're looking into it.

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-16 02:47:12

At 1/15/14 07:16 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 1/15/14 07:01 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Not sure if anyone knows there's a problem yet, but try going to various people's pages and you'll get either Error 1001 DNS resolution error from CloudFlare network
This is happening for some people and we're not sure why yet. We're looking into it.

I don't know if this helps you guys a bit, but I get the same message both at home and at my job. Weird thing is that if try loading the same pages on my phone, it works perfectly fine.

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-16 05:57:41

At 1/16/14 02:47 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 1/15/14 07:16 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
I don't know if this helps you guys a bit, but I get the same message both at home and at my job. Weird thing is that if try loading the same pages on my phone, it works perfectly fine.

Hm, I tested multiple 'error 1001' users on my phone, even ones I never checked before. Everything seemed to work. Now, a few hours later, I also get the same error message on my phone for these users, so I guess you scratch my feedback. =/

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-16 07:14:16

At 1/15/14 07:16 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: This is happening for some people and we're not sure why yet. We're looking into it.

Received this error for the first time just now, sending an 'Add Friend' request, refreshing the page solved it though.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-16 08:23:59

At 1/16/14 07:14 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Received this error for the first time just now, sending an 'Add Friend' request, refreshing the page solved it though.

Thanks for the feedback. Still working on resolving this.

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-16 09:13:23

It isn't just user pages, which are still showing DNS error pages.

I'm getting a site not found error occasionally when visiting newgrounds.com

also, unrelated problem, but whenever typing into a form field, like this one, on an ipad. It's a pain in the arse when you make a typo. Because firstly can't see the cursor anywhere and secondly, I can't select individual words or letters.
this could also just be chrome

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-16 09:37:23

At 1/16/14 09:13 AM, Stealth-Emergence wrote: It isn't just user pages, which are still showing DNS error pages.

I'm getting a site not found error occasionally when visiting newgrounds.com

We've got a ticket open with our DNS provider and they have an internal ticket open with their engineering staff.

We're working to get this fixed ASAP.

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-16 09:47:16

At 1/16/14 09:37 AM, BrenTheMan wrote: We've got a ticket open with our DNS provider and they have an internal ticket open with their engineering staff.

We're working to get this fixed ASAP.

Thanks Bren (or Brent, I'm not sure). I'm sure you guys are workin as fast as you can. I will be glad to be able to see my profile page again, tho.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-16 09:56:24

At 1/16/14 09:37 AM, BrenTheMan wrote: We're working to get this fixed ASAP.

Awesome, thanks for the info

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-16 23:32:38

Things seem to be fixed for now.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-17 17:01:53

Is this fixed for you?

Response to Newgrounds is having DNS errors 2014-01-17 18:42:35

At 1/17/14 05:01 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: Is this fixed for you?

It seems to be working fine at the moment. I know a bit earlier sometimes Newgrounds itself would get "server not found" but then refreshing the page and it loads. Right now everything seems to be working correctly.

Should probably hold out and see if there's any residual problem over the next couple days though.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here