00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chezmond just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for Voice Actor!

1,090 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-03 22:54:23

Hey NG,

I'm looking for voice acting talent to participate in a series of animated short films I am currently drafting.
Possible personas would include:
-Scruffy Father
-SWAT Police
-Zombie (male and female)
-Dull accountant
-News Caster
-Child

If you are interested, make sure to reply below! I'm not looking for any specific talent range.
For all who are willing, I can send a rough draft of the script.

bump

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-03 23:25:05

sure, i might be able to do the zombies of course, and the news caster (with an accent for him), send me some lines and ill see what i can do

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-03 23:31:06

i think i could do the accountant and news caster.
send me some lines and ill get back to you with some recordings

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-03 23:34:52

Here's a demo reel I just uploaded a couple of hours ago:

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 00:13:11

I'm willing to take part if you'll have me!

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 00:37:57

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 01:46:11

The newscaster or the dull accountant sounds like a fun time :D

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 01:51:26

At 12/4/13 12:13 AM, JackJackington wrote: I'm willing to take part if you'll have me!

I should probably add that the SWAT Officer is probably more my style, if you're looking for something deep and gruff I can do that!

I can also speak with clarity and proper enunciation, so Newscaster might work for me as well. But it seems like you have plenty of applicants for that position at the moment

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 02:25:59

Just uploaded this about an hour ago, if you need a particular voice just let me know, if you need sound effects, just let me know, if you want to explore your sexuality.... don't ask me because I'm not into that.
If you don't mind me asking, if you're planning on doing shorts and stuff, what's the animation going to look like?

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 11:02:21

well here is my demo reel. If you feel you could use me for one of the voices just let me know.

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 11:03:57

At 12/4/13 11:02 AM, CDwaver wrote: well here is my demo reel. If you feel you could use me for one of the voices just let me know.

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 13:57:27

Hey again! I listened to all of your demos and I am quite impressed to be honest. I'm going to post some sample lines for each character and you guys can send your interpretations and we'll procede from there!

Father: this, son, is where I work. I'm at the core of this infrastructure. I'm no simple factory worker, I've worked my way to the top! This, I expect of you.

SWAT: Go go! Do you have eyes on? What happened here? This is 2 2 I'm calling in what appears to be a triple homicide but uncertain. Negative sir none alive. What was tha?!

Zombie (male): blarrrgh ffffdhhhh Noo urrrg! Etc...
Zombie (female): blurgggggg henryyyyyy gatttttchhhh blurrrg

Accountant: hey this is restricted access you can't be in here! What what are you doing? No please don't hurt me please please... I just lost my brother. I just lost...wait..it was you! You killed him!

Newscaster (male and female): a state of emergency has been declared (insert your own stuff here)

Child: this is amazing! Holy crap what was that?

If you guys can demo this and post or pm me that would be amazing! Feel free to interpret the roles as you see fit :)

bump

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 20:55:54

At 12/4/13 12:37 AM, Jim-Nickabocker wrote: I'm also available if you think you could use my voice!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475971

Sample lines are posted below! I encourage all interested to post an audio sample. The other producers will decide on how we'll procede from there. Given the samples some of you gave, things are looking good!

bump

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 22:43:27

<iframe width="590" height="32" src="http://www.newgrounds.com/content/embed.php?id=Sfksm" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
here is the line i did for the newscaster

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-04 22:46:43

At 12/4/13 10:43 PM, megajs wrote: <iframe width="590" height="32" src="http://www.newgrounds.com/content/embed.php?id=Sfksm" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
here is the line i did for the newscaster

whops, fixing that here

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-05 00:27:14

At 12/4/13 12:37 AM, Jim-Nickabocker wrote: I'm also available if you think you could use my voice!

dood, you rock!
What type of mic are you using, your voice sounds so crystal clear! I was planing on getting an at2020 usb mic but Idk if it'll sound in good quality as yourself!

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-05 01:05:12

At 12/4/13 01:57 PM, Lysosome wrote: Hey again! I listened to all of your demos and I am quite impressed to be honest. I'm going to post some sample lines for each character and you guys can send your interpretations and we'll procede from there!

Father: this, son, is where I work. I'm at the core of this infrastructure. I'm no simple factory worker, I've worked my way to the top! This, I expect of you.

SWAT: Go go! Do you have eyes on? What happened here? This is 2 2 I'm calling in what appears to be a triple homicide but uncertain. Negative sir none alive. What was tha?!

Zombie (male): blarrrgh ffffdhhhh Noo urrrg! Etc...
Zombie (female): blurgggggg henryyyyyy gatttttchhhh blurrrg

Accountant: hey this is restricted access you can't be in here! What what are you doing? No please don't hurt me please please... I just lost my brother. I just lost...wait..it was you! You killed him!

Newscaster (male and female): a state of emergency has been declared (insert your own stuff here)

Child: this is amazing! Holy crap what was that?

If you guys can demo this and post or pm me that would be amazing! Feel free to interpret the roles as you see fit :)

I've done a couple takes of the Newsreader line and uploaded it here

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-05 01:58:16

At 12/4/13 02:25 AM, H3LLRAISOR wrote: Just uploaded this about an hour ago, if you need a particular voice just let me know, if you need sound effects, just let me know, if you want to explore your sexuality.... don't ask me because I'm not into that.
If you don't mind me asking, if you're planning on doing shorts and stuff, what's the animation going to look like?
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/558623

We're experimenting with different methods at the moment including stop motion, adobe, and even classic animation; though I'm not quite sure what you're asking?

bump

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-05 09:38:39

Here, enjoy it. ;D

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-05 15:23:28

At 12/5/13 12:27 AM, H3LLRAISOR wrote:
dood, you rock!
What type of mic are you using, your voice sounds so crystal clear! I was planing on getting an at2020 usb mic but Idk if it'll sound in good quality as yourself!

Why thank you! Been doing this for over seven years so I'm to know that I sound good! I actually would STRONGLY recommend the at2020. I'm using the version with the studio hook up as you heard, but I doubt the USB version wouldn't sound as good. It's a great spectacular mic that gives you superb quality without breaking the bank for a Neumann!

Also, here are my clips for Audition!

Father
SWAT
Accountant
Newscaster 1
Newscaster 2
Newscaster 3
Child

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-05 20:05:53

I'm feeling really good about this guys!
I listened to all of your audio submitted, either on the forum or in private messages, and it's all great.
I'm going to review it tomorrow morning with the rest of the team and get back to you all soon.

Check back soon!

bump

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-06 00:09:17

At 12/5/13 08:05 PM, Lysosome wrote: I'm feeling really good about this guys!
I listened to all of your audio submitted, either on the forum or in private messages, and it's all great.
I'm going to review it tomorrow morning with the rest of the team and get back to you all soon.

Check back soon!

And anyone who hasn't submitted audio of the sample lines yet-you have until tomorrow at 9 AM (PST) before I start reviewing with the team, so feel free to submit anything before then :)

bump

Response to Looking for Voice Actor! 2013-12-06 21:36:20

Okay so we went over all of your submissions, and damn there is some talent here. All of the submissions were amazing, but we chose who we thought would fit the roles the best. If you see your name down here, I'm gonna need you to send me a private message with your google account email linked so that I can add you to the google doc with the script. We'll give you more information once you are linked into the Google Document.
The following people should PRIVATE MESSAGE me as soon as possible so we can get started! [In no particular order]

CDwaver
BitTripAlphonse
Jim-Nickabocker
H3LLRAISOR
JackJackington

Once you're added to the google doc, you'll be briefed on your character and we'll start.
Thanks!

bump