00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

babydash65 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I don't preorder

2,034 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I don't preorder 2013-09-16 19:30:51

If I really want a brand-new game, I just wait for it to come out and then (go) buy it.

Why should I pay full price in advance?

Also, do you guys preoder, wait until the game is launched, or do you wait for the price to drop?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-16 20:09:01

only pre-ordered for bioshock infinite and got the first bioshock, x-com enemy unknown and a bunch of tf2 items for free

never doing it again though

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-16 22:15:16

I'll pre-order if I'm very hyped for the game, if I KNOW for whatever reason that the game is gonna be good or if there's some bad ass pre-order bonus. Usually only if it's something physical though.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-16 23:55:06

i never preorder i usually buy day 1 or day after if it's retail.

the only reason i preordered gta v was because it launches on my birthday.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-17 00:28:13

I preorder every game I want usually because when I pre-order games its because the game is being sold below retail price.

Every now and then I'l also pre-order at full price but only if it has a nice bonus that I want.

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-17 03:21:02

The only game I have ever preordered was GTA V. Otherwise I never preorder games.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-17 10:28:49

At 9/16/13 10:18 PM, Entice wrote: I preordered Rage, but didn't pay for it until more than a year later. Gamestop let me pay the new price. So basically, I got all the preorder goodies for free.

Rage sucked ass though. RIP ID

i will say RIP Id Software when i play Doom 4...if we ever get to play it but til then they're still awesome

LORD OF CHEESEBURGERS mobile coming soon, ya little yentas

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-17 10:36:17

I prefer to let other people find game-breaking bugs on release day.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-17 10:36:25

pre-ordered the PS4, had to do that

LORD OF CHEESEBURGERS mobile coming soon, ya little yentas

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-17 11:01:50

At 9/16/13 07:30 PM, Painbringer wrote: Why should I pay full price in advance?

You don't have to pay full price in advance. Like when I pre-ordered KH 1.5 HD ReMIX I only put down $10 and paid the rest when the game was released.

Also, do you guys preoder, wait until the game is launched, or do you wait for the price to drop?

It all depends on the game and if I want it badly enough. For example I'm really looking forward to the new Wolfenstein game and pre-ordered it because I really wanted it. And since I pre-ordered it I'm almost guaranteed to get a copy of it instead of waiting for it to be released and then finding out I possibly am not able to find one. I'd rather know for a fact that I'm getting whatever game I pre-ordered than wait to see if I can find a copy of it.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-17 11:55:01

Of course I don't preorder. Does anyone?

I'm being facetious. I know full well that lots of people preorder. But the truth of the matter is they only do it due to low intelligence.

I've walked into the store on day 1 of every major game launch and placed my hand on a copy on the shelf, raised it up off the shelf, turned and walked towards the cashier, placed it on the counter, purchased it, and left.

None of those steps required me to shell out full price far in advance so that large corporations could profit off low-risk ventures in the time in between preorder and launch.

So I guess people just love making more $ for corporations.

People are very very stupid.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-17 14:41:55

Preordering costs no money, often comes with free stuff, and can be cancelled any time before you game ships.

Not preordering a game you plan to get close to launch is dumb, buying from a physical store is beyond retarded.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-18 14:41:49

At 9/16/13 07:30 PM, Painbringer wrote: Why should I pay full price in advance?

bonus content. If you plan on getting it day 1 there's no reason not to. Uncharted 3 came with a poster.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-18 16:01:01

Only with steam because the prices are generally lower a month before release.

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-18 16:33:23

I preordered Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded at gamestop. I paid it in full price, and on release date they lost it. I asked the guy to elaborate and he just said "Your preorder was lost. Sorry". The assholes wouldn't even give me a refund. Since then I decided I would never preorder anything again.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-18 19:28:38

Only game I pre-ordered was BF3 and that was it. Pre-orders are not nothing but exclusives nowadays. It always "BRO! IF YOU PRE-ORDER THIS GAME YOU'LL GET A EXCLUSIVE WEAPON!!!!" which turns out to be a overpowered weapon that will ruin your experience of the game. I never worry about a game being sold out either. Why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE SO MANY IN STOCK. I don't see why people are so worried about how many copies are left. Trust me they have enough copies to give out to a whole town and have more games shipped along the way. Also. When did games these days even go "sold out"? I can understand Halo, COD, and even GTA but majority stores I know don't run out of copies.

I never really plan pre-ordering games even when I'm excited to buy it. I got GTA V on the first day it came out and didn't even pre-order it. I just see it as something to build up hype on because you know your gamestop butt buddies are holding it for you when it comes out.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-18 20:08:59

I bought my copy of GTA V in store and still got a code to fly the blimp.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-19 08:35:37

Never unless im 100% sure the game will be good and its not an absurd price

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-20 15:59:51

I wait till the price drops and is on amazon.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-20 18:46:02

I guess here in Canada the market is over saturated with boxed copies - Even the popular games on day one of launch.

But I have bought quite a few games on GOG and Steam.

Rarely have I bought through Amazon and Origin.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-20 19:45:09

It depends, sometime I feel like companies are sweet talking me into pre ordering with all this pre order bonus exclusive DLC, which I find bullshit when it isn't released as DLC, like Batman Arkham Origins. I don't think I can get it at launch but I want to play as Deathstroke so I feel obliged to pre order it. Other than that I probably will pre order the game if it's highly anticipated to avoid all the out of stocks and long lines.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-20 22:54:58

There are enough games made before the turn of the millennium to keep you busy for the rest of your natural life. I see no reason to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a game just because it looks prettier, especially when nobody even knows if it's any good yet.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-20 22:58:46

If I really want a game on release, I'll just drop by Walmart at midnight, and grab it. At most, I've usually seen like 2-3 other people there, except for GTA V. There were about 15 people there, while Gamestop was completely packed.

Unless you abso-fucking-lutely HAVE to have the preorder bonuses, I really don't see the appeal of preordering, especially at Gamestop.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-21 01:09:57

I pre-order only if I really want the game and want a guaranteed copy on release day. Most of the time now you can only get the collectors editions with physical goodies by pre-order. Most of the time now though I Either just go in and buy it or wait for it to come down or get a cheap used copy. Im also not one of those people who will go to a midnight release and wait in long ass lines just to play it at 1 or 2 in the morning ill gladly play it a few hours later lol

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-21 16:09:02

I only pre order games I like and if they have Pre Order Bonus items for in-game. otherwise I'll just buy the next day.

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-21 17:22:18

I dont either, really.

I think I've only pre-ordered maybe 1 or 2 games.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-21 18:01:45

At 9/18/13 04:33 PM, Chdonga wrote: I preordered Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded at gamestop. I paid it in full price, and on release date they lost it. I asked the guy to elaborate and he just said "Your preorder was lost. Sorry". The assholes wouldn't even give me a refund. Since then I decided I would never preorder anything again.

When it comes to games stores, Gamestop is the absolute worst for pre-orders.

I made a Techno track for Madness day! Check it out here! http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/550767

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-21 20:08:22

Depends on the type of dlc that comes with the pre order. Other than that it depends on my hype level.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-21 23:36:34

I preorder games so I can go to the midnight release so I can play it as early as possible. I only do it for games I'm really excited about.

Response to I don't preorder 2013-09-22 07:35:36

I have pre-ordered in the past. Usually because I wanted to play with friends who were getting the game. I don't bother anymore because its a waste of money. I'll never pay full price for a game again. I'll buy used, rent or wait till it drops.