00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Magix Music Maker

1,849 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Magix Music Maker 2013-08-26 22:18:51

I read through the TOS on this website, that the program had been listed as being problematic, and I dont get get it, please explain why this software is blacklisted since I use it to play my Oxygen 49 keyboard through it, and record the playing and mix the played recordings, yes I have used some of the samples in the samples library, particularly beats, and instrument fillers on my main track, which I had recorded within the application , by playing on my Oxygen 49 keyboard, which is the main components and keys of the song. Could someone please explain why this program is a no no, as I am finding it hard to make sense of it, and its my PC alternative to garage band which you can only get on a mac.
Thanks ^_^

Response to Magix Music Maker 2013-08-26 22:59:58

MMM's ToS states that anything you make with MMM belongs to MMM, not you, therefore, such songs are not copyright free, nor belong to yourself, and can not be uploaded to a CC site, such as Newgrounds.

Response to Magix Music Maker 2013-08-26 23:58:00

At 8/26/13 10:59 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: MMM's ToS states that anything you make with MMM belongs to MMM, not you, therefore, such songs are not copyright free, nor belong to yourself, and can not be uploaded to a CC site, such as Newgrounds.

is this still current? might be worth checking out.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Magix Music Maker 2013-08-27 08:00:26

At 8/26/13 10:59 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: MMM's ToS states that anything you make with MMM belongs to MMM, not you, therefore, such songs are not copyright free, nor belong to yourself, and can not be uploaded to a CC site, such as Newgrounds.

That's news for me , and I find it dumb, because so when you play the music yourself with your own synth/midi controller and just used the program to put all the bits together, they say its their song wtf... is there any alternative program out their that is not so anal with legal conscious-less rubbish ? They getting macs here in the studio, so I would be using them with the garage band instead if i cant find a pc alternative that is not so anal.

Response to Magix Music Maker 2013-08-27 14:10:27

There is a wide variety of PC alternatives, FLStudio and Cubase amongst many.

Response to Magix Music Maker 2013-08-27 17:40:16

At 8/27/13 02:10 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: There is a wide variety of PC alternatives, FLStudio and Cubase amongst many.

Thanks ^_^

Response to Magix Music Maker 2013-08-30 17:04:36

It isn't really a good program to use if you are wondering why it's a problematic(or whatever you said).

Amicum cum volo illi sunt bonum habere

Pro amor Deus, Satanus et populus christianus.

Pater noster qui in infernis

BBS Signature

Response to Magix Music Maker 2013-08-30 20:55:01

I'm an Ableton user myself, but before Live I tried MMM 12. In comparison, MMM is a very watered down arranger compared to other workstations.

leg in one hand, brerb in the other

BBS Signature

Response to Magix Music Maker 2013-08-31 22:44:39

At 8/31/13 10:21 PM, Elitistinen wrote: OP, just use Magix (without using their samples) and don't tell anyone else, you'll be fine.

yeah pretty much this