00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nothappyhere just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Revenge Of Cabbage Man Critique

597 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi, Ive been working on a new piece for about a week now, through drawing, scanning, cleaning and colouring and while I feel that my drawing skills are improving and will continue to do so, I feel that my colouring has hit a brick wall.

I would like to receive honest critique and advice on ways to improve my work, I tend to stray away from effects mostly through inexperience but would be keen to add skills to my, currently, underwhelming arsenal.

Response to The Revenge Of Cabbage Man Critique 2013-08-19 07:37:22

Response to The Revenge Of Cabbage Man Critique 2013-08-19 14:29:38

I dunno, I like what you've going on here.

Response to The Revenge Of Cabbage Man Critique 2013-08-19 15:06:16

I find the colors are too muted. Increasing saturation slightly in some areas will help separate things more.
The head of cabbage he's dropping is getting lost to the background as it's a similar color to the creature. Giving it more purple/brown shades will bring it to the front.
Personally I don't find the machete he's holding to be practical. A simple kitchen knife or cleaver would help sell the setting.

Response to The Revenge Of Cabbage Man Critique 2013-08-19 15:29:22

At 8/19/13 03:06 PM, Cairos wrote: I find the colors are too muted. Increasing saturation slightly in some areas will help separate things more.
The head of cabbage he's dropping is getting lost to the background as it's a similar color to the creature. Giving it more purple/brown shades will bring it to the front.
Personally I don't find the machete he's holding to be practical. A simple kitchen knife or cleaver would help sell the setting.

I appreciate the visual aid, I definitely agree.

I worked in a Vegetable factory for a few months, chopping the thick neck-like stems from Cabbages with Machetes, its essentially part of the theme/concept.