00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Robnghost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Seeking Cute Cartoon 2d Game Artist

571 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I am a game programmer and have been developing a 2D puzzle game for mobile platforms using Unity 3D and C# for the past year and am proud to announce it is almost in alpha stages, however, it is lacking the visuals. Thus, currently seeking for a talented and enthusiastic 2d game artist for mobile platforms who has the time to offer some free help to aid me in completing the game for release by the end of this year!

I am confident to say the game is HIGHLY addictive and has a huge potential to hit hard and bring big bucks if executed correctly. I am working on this project solo from home and dont have the funds to hire an artist. I will welcome any of you who is willing to give out a free helping hand to support my game (Will give credits and possibly compensate if game does well).

Some artwork needed: (Art style: Very Cute Japanese cartoon look catered for both kids and young adults)
- Cute Block monsters
- Menu + Game Background
- Menu Layout + Buttons
- Store items (constantly updated!)
- Game Icon

Looking for the following assets:
- Experienced with mobile game development
- Skilled at Photoshop / Illustrator
- Someone creative who can lead and advice the art side
- Experience creating 3D particles using Unity 3D a plus!

Please email me your portfolio to Corestacks@hotmail.com so we can discuss the details.

If you are passionate, enthusiastic, hardworking and skilled artist and if you are looking for a great opportunity to be part of developing games, I welcome you onboard! Once again, THANK YOU for the help!

IMPORTANT: Check out this sample image to find out what style I am looking for: ART STYLE SAMPLE

Response to Seeking Cute Cartoon 2d Game Artist 2013-08-18 22:40:14

At 8/18/13 09:32 PM, Corestacks wrote: I am confident to say the game is HIGHLY addictive and has a huge potential to hit hard and bring big bucks if executed correctly. I am working on this project solo from home and dont have the funds to hire an artist. I will welcome any of you who is willing to give out a free helping hand to support my game (Will give credits and possibly compensate if game does well).

Why not just offer a definite share of the revenue if you don't have the money to hire anyone?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Seeking Cute Cartoon 2d Game Artist 2013-08-18 23:37:30

More than willing to, lets not forget I did mention I would above... however, I would not like to promise something i cant predict. I am hoping for a hit, we will have to just wait and see :)

At 8/18/13 10:40 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 8/18/13 09:32 PM, Corestacks wrote: I am confident to say the game is HIGHLY addictive and has a huge potential to hit hard and bring big bucks if executed correctly. I am working on this project solo from home and dont have the funds to hire an artist. I will welcome any of you who is willing to give out a free helping hand to support my game (Will give credits and possibly compensate if game does well).
Why not just offer a definite share of the revenue if you don't have the money to hire anyone?

Response to Seeking Cute Cartoon 2d Game Artist 2013-08-19 01:24:45

At 8/18/13 11:37 PM, Corestacks wrote: More than willing to, lets not forget I did mention I would above... however, I would not like to promise something i cant predict. I am hoping for a hit, we will have to just wait and see :)

But if you give, say, 50% of all revenue (or whatever you think is fair) then you don't need to predict how much the game will make to make that promise. No matter how much your game makes, that percentage would remain as promised.

If you want people to work for you, you need to offer them more than the vague idea of maybe being paid in the future. You need to give them something concrete.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature