00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Theantiflag102 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Critique Welcome

556 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Critique Welcome 2013-08-07 03:24:30

Just got back into the digital painting game after 4 months of being away because of more pressing life issues. Just found out Newgrounds has an illustration community so I decided to join...

I tried to keep it a bit painterly but I feel like I fell short in some areas... heavy black on her eye is make-up :P

mmm... maybe I should of rendered better and included body like I had in original comp...

Could use a scout too, but only if you want to.

Response to Critique Welcome 2013-08-07 03:38:11

Aghhhh I did not realize the etiquette to being scouted... my apologies (just read more forum topics)... Critiques PLEASE PLEASE though.

Response to Critique Welcome 2013-08-07 12:17:45

At 8/7/13 03:38 AM, imcostalong wrote: Aghhhh I did not realize the etiquette to being scouted... my apologies (just read more forum topics)... Critiques PLEASE PLEASE though.

Hey you caught it. It's all good. But don't beg for critiques. It is also bad form. People will get to it if and when they want to. Also you should post your work directly to the thread. It is what the forum is intended for, to share art get critiques learn and grow, People don't like to chase links. That being said: Welcome to the forums! I like your style. As for critiques, there is really only one thing that bug me : the hair. In itself it is fine and well drawn/colored, but it almost seems separate from the head like a helmet. It seems very solid and the way it comes down around the head to the neck seems a little unnatural. Like it is eating the head. It really jars the neck line for me. The shadow of the hair on the face seems to hard and give it that solid feel. The shadow should be a little softer and diffused. I get your going for that hard light look and at the end of the day even the things I mentioned are minor at best and are just my opinion. I actually like the piece and only mention these minor grips because you asked. I hope to see more from you. You should post more.

Response to Critique Welcome 2013-08-07 15:38:28

At 8/7/13 12:17 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
At 8/7/13 03:38 AM, imcostalong wrote: Aghhhh I did not realize the etiquette to being scouted... my apologies (just read more forum topics)... Critiques PLEASE PLEASE though.
Hey you caught it. It's all good. But don't beg for critiques. It is also bad form. People will get to it if and when they want to. Also you should post your work directly to the thread. It is what the forum is intended for, to share art get critiques learn and grow, People don't like to chase links. That being said: Welcome to the forums! I like your style. As for critiques, there is really only one thing that bug me : the hair. In itself it is fine and well drawn/colored, but it almost seems separate from the head like a helmet. It seems very solid and the way it comes down around the head to the neck seems a little unnatural. Like it is eating the head. It really jars the neck line for me. The shadow of the hair on the face seems to hard and give it that solid feel. The shadow should be a little softer and diffused. I get your going for that hard light look and at the end of the day even the things I mentioned are minor at best and are just my opinion. I actually like the piece and only mention these minor grips because you asked. I hope to see more from you. You should post more.

I couldn't agree more... definitely feels like a heavy wig. I'm pretty sure I know how I got that result, I'll work on avoiding it in the future. Again X( SORRRRRRRRYYYYY, was operating like it was a conceptart.org forum where the whole community is generally built to bring a hard eye to your work to help you improve. I will not be making the same mistake again.