00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hey, I'm a noob

635 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey, I'm a noob 2013-08-07 00:57:50

Hey, I have a question

I've been submitting my stuff under "illustration" but I'm not sure if that would be the best choice here since my illustrations aren't particularly narrative driven (more of conceptual and/or mood I suppose), do you think I should go for "fine art" instead in the future?

Response to Hey, I'm a noob 2013-08-07 01:52:05

At 8/7/13 12:57 AM, Mudvein wrote: Hey, I have a question

I've been submitting my stuff under "illustration" but I'm not sure if that would be the best choice here since my illustrations aren't particularly narrative driven (more of conceptual and/or mood I suppose), do you think I should go for "fine art" instead in the future?

Personally I think Illustration is a fine catch all, and not really out place for your work. Now if those were oil paintings or actual had painted the ol fashioned way then I would say Fine art, as that usually means gallery pieces. But hey whatever floats your boat. For the record, if I had a gallery I would totally showcase these. Welcome to forums.

Response to Hey, I'm a noob 2013-08-07 02:14:46

First of all... Welcome to newgrounds. Second of all, your work inspires me.

Although its digital and easy to attain the effects you were going for, its quality work and great stuff. My only complaint is I see pointed chins. That is a tell tale sign that you don't do daily practices on anatomy.

Anatomy is hard. Just keep at it, welcome to newgrounds.

Response to Hey, I'm a noob 2013-08-07 08:37:25

Fine Art

Illustration

Your work is well placed in the Illustration category.

Response to Hey, I'm a noob 2013-08-07 11:53:57

Also you should totally make an art thread. Showcase that awesome art, and get critiques and reviews. It is a good way to be part of the community here. I'm sure many would like to see what you come up with.