00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

applessmillion just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

skilz for the scouting.

583 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

skilz for the scouting. 2013-08-06 23:24:46

so exactly how good or skilled at art do you have to be to get scouted. im not asking for a scout bu just how much should i improve if i want to be scouted?

also some feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Sign here

Response to skilz for the scouting. 2013-08-07 00:07:36

At 8/6/13 11:24 PM, angry-eyebrows wrote: so exactly how good or skilled at art do you have to be to get scouted. im not asking for a scout bu just how much should i improve if i want to be scouted?

also some feed back would be greatly appreciated.

You could be drawing square bananas in MS paint, its all a matter of amusing people enough. Just sort of have to be lucky.

Response to skilz for the scouting. 2013-08-07 00:09:25

At 8/7/13 12:07 AM, Zolen wrote: You could be drawing square bananas in MS paint, its all a matter of amusing people enough. Just sort of have to be lucky.

well i hope my art is amuzing enough. thanks for the reply man

Sign here

Response to skilz for the scouting. 2013-08-07 00:11:06

Scouting Guide. Everyone has slightly different requirements, but I usually look for works that demonstrate skills with rendering, perspective, anatomy, lighting, and composition. These don't all need to be perfect or even present, but I do need to see at least a few.

You've got a nice cartoony style going on, but your linework is really clunky and rough and your lighting isn't consistent. I also don't see any evidence that your junky anatomy (which works okay most of the time with your cartoony style) is something you've chosen rather than resorted to because you can't do more accurate figures. Personally I'd wait for a bit more progress from you before considering you scoutable.

Response to skilz for the scouting. 2013-08-07 00:13:05

At 8/7/13 12:11 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
I also don't see any evidence that your junky anatomy (which works okay most of the time with your cartoony style) is something you've chosen rather than resorted to because you can't do more accurate figures. Personally I'd wait for a bit more progress from you before considering you scoutable.

gotcha that for the help ill get some practice down and post for more when i get better.

Sign here

Response to skilz for the scouting. 2013-08-07 00:18:16

It took me a long time to get scouted.

Actually my art isn't very popular on the internet at all. There are some people out there who find it great, but for the most part it doesn't sell and I can't get a single person to commission me.