00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

applessmillion just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Forum Art game Idea. Please look.

619 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Forum Art game Idea. Please look. 2013-08-03 15:48:23

I had an idea for a drawing game. I'll call it paper warriors, or paper duels or something I don't know. any way on to the idea.

Basic idea the basic idea behind it is, you and a partner challenge each other to a duel. You both draw your fighters. and some how agree on an area to fight in. (will add in backgrounds and a way to chose them later) once that is done. who ever is first makes the first move. from there you draw your character attacking, dodging blocking taunting/ banter, or doing a special attack. you can only do one one thing at a time, ex: you cannot charge in for an attack while taunting and so on. after you have chosen your move your opponent then chose's a response and draws it. he then chose's a move in retaliation and draws it. this goes on until one of you lose all your hp or give up.
Maybe I'll add in some kind of combo system or something.

final thoughts those are the basic rules the game. it is still being developed if you think this is a fun idea, I am looking for someone to help me develop the idea further, add in more rules and what not. If any one is interested in helping me out let me know and i'll try to get some kind of chat type thing going to exchange ideas.
my goal is to promote good art and fun, and also cut back on the crappy ms paint spammers.

Hp-5
energy-10
spirit- start with 1 max of 2.

attack- does 2 damage. cost 1 energy.
dodge- takes 2 energy but completely evades any damage.
block-takes 1 energy but only blocks 1 damage point.
taunt/ banter- gains 1 spirit and 1 energy, but leaves you open for attack. might change it to just fills energy and successful attacks fill spirit.
spirit attack- spirit bars needs to be full does 3 damage.

sorry for the long post and thank you for your time.

Talent is nothing more than a head start.

Response to Forum Art game Idea. Please look. 2013-08-03 16:22:10

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Art game Idea. Please look. 2013-08-03 17:07:09

Thats fucking badass , i wanna bathe in blood here! As the other guy said , there was a similar activity here and from what i saw , several people participated. Last post is 3 years old though so , yeah , this sort of event sould certainly come back! Im currently ultra busy but if it gains popularity , ill find the time and kick some ass!

Response to Forum Art game Idea. Please look. 2013-08-04 00:52:30

At 8/3/13 04:22 PM, HandsomeCat wrote: Art Forum Battle Royale

Yeah, that thing had it's run.
It's time for the new generation to have their fun.

Response to Forum Art game Idea. Please look. 2013-08-04 04:04:51

At 8/3/13 03:48 PM, Shigmonty wrote: sorry for the long post and thank you for your time.

People would love you if you kicked it off :)

BBS Signature

Response to Forum Art game Idea. Please look. 2013-08-04 11:41:19

At 8/4/13 04:04 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 8/3/13 03:48 PM, Shigmonty wrote: sorry for the long post and thank you for your time.
People would love you if you kicked it off :)

The rules still need some tweaking. Plus I'd need a challenger and a battle ground.

first two challengers post a pic (from multiple angles) of there fighters. After two challengers agree on a battle ground and decide who goes first. the 1st player makes the first move, then the 2nd player responds, then makes his own move, and so on. till the end of the fight. I still need to think of a way to put the HUD for there stats, so that both you and your opponent can see how much HP, energy and what not you have left after each move.

I'm just a bit worried that the fight will go on to long, but in the same sense I don't want it to be over in 2 posts, you see. so I believe the rules still need some tweaking, and the name needs to be changed, after the game is competed i'll post a new thread with the games title.

Talent is nothing more than a head start.

Response to Forum Art game Idea. Please look. 2013-08-04 13:41:55

At 8/4/13 11:41 AM, Shigmonty wrote:
first two challengers post a pic (from multiple angles) of there fighters. After two challengers agree on a battle ground and decide who goes first. the 1st player makes the first move, then the 2nd player responds, then makes his own move, and so on. till the end of the fight.

In my opinion thats too demanding for an art game thats supposed to be for fun. I have paid work to deliver and personal projects to complete and therefore i wouldnt spent so much time for an art game. If you want this to be popular and not just a game between 3 persons with lots of free time , i suggest you focus on giving it a more casual character.

Maybe the combatants draw a single picture fighting each , then people vote for the winner . Maybe once someone posts his hero , then he is free to take up the heroes of others and draw pictures of his hero kicking their asses. This way you can both participate loosely , by just posting a hero or drawing him fight another two or three , or , be very active by fighting every single person in the thread. This would also be quite rewarding since a hero that is picked often is a hero who became popular and people are interested in him.

These are just some thoughts i just came up with , not a single second to reflect them but , i think you get my point. Trust me when i say , in projects like this , simplicity is Important. Me and a friend are running an art game group on DA and this guideline was key to its success.