00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to create a illustration ?

719 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How to create a illustration ? 2013-07-28 17:24:21

I don't have experience in digital drawing art, I want to know how the best way to transform a pencil sketch into a digital illustration,here is one of my drawings.

PS: this scan is in a low quality because i don't have a camera to take a good photo at the moment and this draw isn't for scanning, (was made with clear lines and without background).

How to create a illustration ?

Response to How to create a illustration ? 2013-07-28 19:31:54

The best way would be doing it yourself. Taking the time to learn digital programs, getting a digital tablet (the drawing ones, not that useless pad trash that every kid owns).

There's no easy way around it.

Response to How to create a illustration ? 2013-07-29 16:08:11

At 7/29/13 12:23 AM, bigCman321 wrote: You could lower the brightness to have a more medium tone. Open it up in the painting software of your choice and add another layer, then start coloring on top of it. That's what I do. You'll basically redo the whole thing but at least you can check back to the original to make sure you aren't making it worse. This is pretty much what I do.

I actually have been taking pictures of my sketches with my phone and then emailing them to myself as the base for my digital paintings (that's what I've been doing for the past year).

Are you asking about how to color and shade and all that other stuff too?

I already created some vectors in photoshop and illustrator, but i don't know how to do shadows with they, but i know how to do on paper.

Response to How to create a illustration ? 2013-07-31 20:12:33

I wouldn't recommend illustartor or any other vector-based drawing software for this job. It's not intuitive to jump on in and it's a pain in the ass to do some detalied illustration with lights and shadows. It's usefull if you want to do linearts and more minimalistic stuff, but no textures, details, etc.
IMO you should try photoshop (or similar).