00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

razzzle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

should i carry on singing ?

1,268 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-16 14:50:17

I was wondering the other day, is there much point of me uploading my singing on to newgrounds ? I like singing im just not sure weather it is welcome here ?

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-16 14:59:15

Of course it's welcome here... Singers in particular are more than welcome, because they are few and far between.

If you're wondering because you aren't getting like thousands of views per song, or because you're not getting any reviews, I should point out that if you want exposure for your stuff, you really have to put in some extra work. Just uploading it isn't enough, be an active member of the community, review other peoples stuff, make use of the threads I'll like below, and collaborate with other artists.
Doing so can easily snowball the views/reviews/general exposure of your stuff.

Audio Advertisement thread.

Work in Progress Advice Thread.

Review Request Club.

Review for Review Thread.
Please note when using the Review for Review thread, you MUST review another song before requesting a review for your own.

Keep on keeping on, we really do need more singers on the Audio Portal. Hell, you stick around, maybe I'll come to you at some point looking for some vocals.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-17 06:54:58

Keep on keeping on, we really do need more singers on the Audio Portal. Hell, you stick around, maybe I'll come to you at some point looking for some vocals.

Thank you :)

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-18 07:32:21

For the record, Heather, I was rejected from Britain's Got Talent in 2011. And I had an equally large-scale failure with losing at the semifinals to Waterflame at last year's NG Audio Deathmatch -- the loss was not what embittered me, but the remarks by some users and even a judge. I swear, I spiral out of control just thinking about it.

Did these ever stop me from singing? HECK NO.

There is goodness, beauty and truth to be spread in the world. We've been given the gifts of our voices. I have heard your singing, and I'll get to reviewing a few of your pieces shortly. But the point is, lack of exposure, or even constant rejection, can be very disheartening and sometimes, we may even give in. But deep down, we have hope burning like a flame. Let that hope fuel our singing.

On that note, I'll be glad to collaborate with you one of these days.

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-18 07:58:03

At 7/18/13 07:32 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

There is goodness, beauty and truth to be spread in the world. We've been given the gifts of our voices. I have heard your singing, and I'll get to reviewing a few of your pieces shortly. But the point is, lack of exposure, or even constant rejection, can be very disheartening and sometimes, we may even give in. But deep down, we have hope burning like a flame. Let that hope fuel our singing.

Thanks for your inspiring words. On a coincidental note i was also rejected from britains got talent in 2010. Something about high volumes of singers. Im pretty sure they choose the rubbish ones for entertainment value more than actual talent.

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-18 07:59:16

At 7/17/13 10:40 PM, Korriken wrote: never give up. Whether you could put Bing Crosby to shame, or you would be ejected from a talent show at the first note, there is always some way you can improve (unless you actually CAN put Bing Crosby to shame, at that point, just keep doing what you're doing).

haha thanks a lot for your support

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-18 07:59:53

At 7/16/13 02:50 PM, hhoulding wrote: I was wondering the other day, is there much point of me uploading my singing on to newgrounds ? I like singing im just not sure weather it is welcome here ?

always sing if it is your passion always sing period fuck everyone if you like it sing your lungs out fuck everyone else.
tldr

fuck em and sing

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-18 08:01:42

At 7/18/13 07:59 AM, Apilot wrote:

always sing if it is your passion always sing period fuck everyone if you like it sing your lungs out fuck everyone else.
tldr

fuck em and sing

I will ! thanks :)

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-18 10:01:54

At 7/18/13 07:58 AM, hhoulding wrote:
Thanks for your inspiring words. On a coincidental note i was also rejected from britains got talent in 2010. Something about high volumes of singers. Im pretty sure they choose the rubbish ones for entertainment value more than actual talent.

To be fair, they did pick ONE GEM out of many... they picked Susan Boyle of all people. That's certainly better than nothing.

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-18 10:08:06

At 7/18/13 10:01 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 7/18/13 07:58 AM, hhoulding wrote:
To be fair, they did pick ONE GEM out of many... they picked Susan Boyle of all people. That's certainly better than nothing.

true tho to be honest they may have picked her because her appearance would maybe not match her voice. When you looked at her you wouldn't expect that voice i mean.

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-18 10:23:30

Hmm... I want to ask for a permission to steal your voice for my own training purposes. (mixing,mastering the voice...etc)

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to should i carry on singing ? 2013-07-18 11:21:47

At 7/18/13 10:23 AM, Deshiel wrote: Hmm... I want to ask for a permission to steal your voice for my own training purposes. (mixing,mastering the voice...etc)

no problem take it that's what it's their for :)