00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Online manikin (or mannequin)

45,798 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Online manikin (or mannequin) 2013-07-14 12:02:07

Greetings fellow artist.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a virtual online artist manikin (or mannequin) that can be articulated via the webpage rather than a full downloaded shareware/trail program? I have looked at ArtisanCam, Posemaniacs, and Sketchup. Unfortunately ArtisanCam is extremely rigid and nearly impossible to do anything but generic poses. Posemaniacs has limited poses available or don't have the poses I am looking for. Sketchup is too generic and solely relied upon modders to make mannequins (which there are two very rough versions).

I unfortunately cannot drop 95+ dollars on a good mannequin. I had a cheap $25 one (the ones you can buy at your local brick/mortar art stores or Hobby Lobby) but that didn't last long, as its joints soon ended up loose and pretty much became a wooden rag doll with no posing capabilities possible.

I have considered having someone posing for me to take pictures of various poses, but that can become tedious after a while when you can spend nearly an hour trying to find that right pose. Making it tiresome for both the artist and subject. Plus some poses cannot be done due to limited physicalities involved.

Thank you in advanced!

Response to Online manikin (or mannequin) 2013-07-14 12:07:01

Response to Online manikin (or mannequin) 2013-07-14 22:49:47

An online version I imagine won't have the same effect to see lighting and shadows. It's also awkward to be sitting in front of a computer while you draw.
Recently, I've seen drawing mannequins for sale at wal-mart in a kit (I think it was about 7 dollars where I'm at.)
There's also a few online (Amazon) for pretty cheap (Again, 7.00+ shipping.)

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Online manikin (or mannequin) 2013-07-15 17:49:28

Thanks bigjonny13 for the link, but that was the site I was speaking about when I said it "extremely rigid and nearly impossible to do anything but generic poses."

Mrccbirdguy, I agree with you on the shadows and lightning effects on the subject. I guess I'll shell out for another cheap one and use it till it can be used no longer.

Many thanks to both of you for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Response to Online manikin (or mannequin) 2013-07-15 18:15:40

At 7/15/13 05:49 PM, TarraxIronwolf wrote: Thanks bigjonny13 for the link, but that was the site I was speaking about when I said it "extremely rigid and nearly impossible to do anything but generic poses."

You could always run through deviantart. There are many a model, and maybe you can find something close with regards to mannequin posing.

Response to Online manikin (or mannequin) 2013-07-15 22:05:38

You're welcome. Good luck!

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature