00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zurocky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sinful Artwork

3,927 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-09 10:16:00

Does anyone have any good brush ideas to improve this piece or hell, any other piece I pursue in the near future?

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-09 15:58:16

At 8/8/13 09:05 PM, SinCOMIXXX wrote: Oh okay. I will definitely keep that in mind.

The lies! I can't... we need counseling!

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-11 17:30:21

At 8/9/13 03:58 PM, gayhobbit wrote:
At 8/8/13 09:05 PM, SinCOMIXXX wrote: Oh okay. I will definitely keep that in mind.
The lies! I can't... we need counseling!

I actually did re-draw the character. I'll have to scan it and put it up. For now, here's a practice sphere, demonstrating a new way I could potentially do line art.

Sinful Artwork

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-11 17:35:51

More practice.

Sinful Artwork

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-11 17:43:20

At 8/11/13 05:35 PM, SinCOMIXXX wrote: More practice.

Hang on, the first one's done?
I can barely understand where the light's coming from, let alone believe that the shading is supposed to represent a sphere.
Can't you put all these in a single post?

BBS Signature

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-11 22:49:37

At 8/11/13 05:30 PM, SinCOMIXXX wrote: I actually did re-draw the character. I'll have to scan it and put it up. For now, here's a practice sphere, demonstrating a new way I could potentially do line art.

I know you used no reference for that. It's as flat as bread without yeast. How am I to believe you?

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-13 21:50:04

At 8/11/13 07:42 PM, bigCman321 wrote:
At 8/9/13 10:16 AM, SinCOMIXXX wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sincomixxx/arachne-naked-
at-the-springs
Does anyone have any good brush ideas to improve this piece or hell, any other piece I pursue in the near future?
Okay, so your colors are really basic. You colored the water straight up blue and the rocks brown. I recommend you start looking at photos and art (specifically those similar to the kind of picture you want to create) and examine what colors are present. You don't need to copy them, but just understanding that water isn't just blue, trees are just green, etc.

Someone told me the same thing over a year ago. Surfaces getting sunlight tend to look a little more orange/yellow, while surfaces in shade look more blue/purple. I also recommend looking into color theory and referencing a color wheel when figuring out color layouts.

Keep working at it though, don't be afraid to try out different techniques, and you'll get to where you want.

Also when it comes to brushes, it doesn't matter what kind of brushes you use. They just give paintings different types of textures, nothing that will make or break a piece. It's all about composition and tone.

ALSO here is a decent reference http://www.alohafrom808.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Kalal au_beach_cave_2_sm.jpg, don't go copying the colors or something, just look at the white sky beyond the rocks. It's glowing because it's a light source and you can see it affecting the rocks. Also the farther away the rocks are the more washed out they are. So, add a new layer, take a soft brush and start lightening up the background and make it look glowey.

Thanks for the advice! I had to cut down on what you said in my reply... Because we all know how Newgrounds can be a bit of a bitch sometimes when it comes to replies.

And I appreciate your photoshop advice! :)

I will try and apply these new techniques tomorrow. Also, I re-drew Big Bertha, loosely following the guidelines laid out by another users.

Again, everyone, I appreciate your advice. I'm lookin' forward to what you all say in the future.

Sinful Artwork

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-14 02:12:57

Good. You're moving forward.
It is alright to take your time on things.
Know that patience leads to progress because we're all waiting on you.

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-14 13:20:06

At 8/13/13 09:50 PM, SinCOMIXXX wrote: Thanks for the advice! I had to cut down on what you said in my reply... Because we all know how Newgrounds can be a bit of a bitch sometimes when it comes to replies.

And I appreciate your photoshop advice! :)

I will try and apply these new techniques tomorrow. Also, I re-drew Big Bertha, loosely following the guidelines laid out by another users.

Again, everyone, I appreciate your advice. I'm lookin' forward to what you all say in the future.

You'll reference a drawing -done for you of your character- but you won't reference a real person. You should've referenced the face too.

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-14 21:28:19

At 8/14/13 01:20 PM, gayhobbit wrote:
At 8/13/13 09:50 PM, SinCOMIXXX wrote:
You'll reference a drawing -done for you of your character- but you won't reference a real person. You should've referenced the face too.

That I can fix in Photoshop. But, thanks for pointing that out.

Response to Sinful Artwork 2013-08-14 21:30:32

At 8/14/13 02:12 AM, Cairos wrote: Good. You're moving forward.
It is alright to take your time on things.
Know that patience leads to progress because we're all waiting on you.

Thank you. I'm thinking of a purple/green color scheme for her suit. Yea or Nae?