00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

imoxifloxi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

1-Up Collab

14,328 Views | 291 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-26 01:09:35

At 8/26/13 12:07 AM, DCzerkies42 wrote:
At 8/24/13 01:02 AM, Jomillex wrote: Davids my friend,
Just telling him it's not wise to board a sinking ship.
Sorry I have alot of shit on my hands with animation and work/moving and shit so i can't

you quit? good luck then

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-26 01:19:17

I think guys you didn't understand that you should not make 60 seconds! XD just 15 seconds , 30 second if you can!
beside I have changed the plan to make a ready script for the next person to continue so they don't need to wait for the animator and to let you guys have time while completing your parts!

example:
MetalBooster -> Send Script in forum and start animating
Alphaman -> create his continue of the story and send it to forum and start animating

and the same thing happens to other animators!

this way everyone can't worry about deadline so much!

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-26 09:16:33

sorry man. Didn't mean to insult you. Just wanted to stop others from degrading us further.
I know it's really hard to organize and lead group projects. I've tried some myself without success. Often, things just don't go your way. I feel for you. But at the same time, I really like your idea and want to see it grow and mature.

Yeah. I get you.

But after the last project, I thought I could finish this. Apparently, I couldn't.

ApplesApplesApples

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-26 11:00:44

-o- I hate to read long forums comments (but i had to)
im a bit lost =P...
I thought that the idea of this collab was to make something better than the person before us, now we will have to continue the story where they left?
Not sure that a project should be put down cause was getting a lot of people interested in being part of. I mean maybe you will have to say no to some of them but that's why it's better to set the rules from the start =P "these is the max amount of slots able and this is the max amount of time that anyone have"(and the other stuff like size and such)

if this keeps going i have no problem with the time =P ill just take some of my gameing time and its done (sorry borderlands D=)

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-26 13:36:58

HERE IS MY SCRIPT FEWELS:

Max: Oh my god man Oh my god!
George: I told you we shouldnt go undercover!
*takes of masks*
Max: What else would You expect though?!?!
George: SOMEBODY TO NOT FIND OUT WE WERE UNDERCOVER THE WHOLE DUCKING TIME.
Max: Why did you just say ducking
George: I DONT DUCKING KNOW
Max: You got the DUCK POX!
George: That sounds ducking stupid as duck man.
Max: Oh well we made it to our destination
*gets out of the car and walks into a normal looking building*
*as they get inside, they see a voice Identifier.*
Max & George: PANCAKES.
*Computer lets them in*
Glados: Hello my test subjects, how are you doing.
Max: Were not your test subjects.
George: Yeah you motherducker!
Glados: Someone has the duck pox eh?
Max: I didnt know you were canadian!
Glados: I'm not moron.
Max: I was just trying to be funny :(
Glados: Well give up you exuse of a test subject
Max and George: WE ARE NOT YOUR TEST SUBJECTS
Glados: Fine with me!

Signature done by Vee!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-26 20:56:07

At 8/26/13 11:00 AM, astranime wrote: I thought that the idea of this collab was to make something better than the person before us, now we will have to : continue the story where they left?

I assume we're still trying to outdo the antecedent (hence the name 1-up) I guess following (or not following) the story is an extra challenge.

I'm a noob.

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-27 10:20:06

example:
MetalBooster -> Send Script in forum and start animating
Alphaman -> create his continue of the story and send it to forum and start animating

and the same thing happens to other animators!

this way everyone can't worry about deadline so much!

Ah dude I think u should just let this collab die, it's gonna take forever to finish and people won't do their job. I'm not trying to hate but u should let it go before it gets too big

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-27 12:29:34

At 8/27/13 10:20 AM, thatawkwardkid wrote:
Ah dude I think u should just let this collab die, it's gonna take forever to finish and people won't do their job. I'm not trying to hate but u should let it go before it gets too big

I am really bemused by exactly why people want to the see the this project die.
Sure, it's a slow start but it's not a failure.

This is a collab. It's supposed to be fuuun...

I'm a noob.

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-27 20:51:29

At 8/27/13 12:29 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote:
At 8/27/13 10:20 AM, thatawkwardkid wrote:
I am really bemused by exactly why people want to the see the this project die.
Sure, it's a slow start but it's not a failure.

This is a collab. It's supposed to be fuuun...

I don't want it to die, it already has, and its not a slow start, 1/10th has been completed in 4 months or 5. There are 20 people and 2 have finished.

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-27 22:29:33

At 8/27/13 08:51 PM, thatawkwardkid wrote:
I don't want it to die, it already has, and its not a slow start, 1/10th has been completed in 4 months or 5. There are 20 people and 2 have finished.

If it's dead why bother discourage other people from doing what they want do to the corpse.
There are 7 people left. Each has a week. I also don't see why we can't spend more than 5 years on a collab.

I'm a noob.

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-27 22:36:33

It is dead. Sucks, but it is dead. Maybe you guys can make something decent with 7 people. But maybe take it into a skype group. There hasn't been enough progress in the duration this has been around to say people are interested.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-27 23:07:21

At 8/27/13 10:29 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote:
At 8/27/13 08:51 PM, thatawkwardkid wrote:
If it's dead why bother discourage other people from doing what they want do to the corpse.
There are 7 people left. Each has a week. I also don't see why we can't spend more than 5 years on a collab.

Because it won't work out, it will go farther to die at a more complete stage, I really wanted to have this collab finish, I Evan started and spent a long time on my part. However, I can admit when something needs to stop.

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-28 05:45:24

stop discouraging people let them continue!

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-28 09:02:52

Wait, wait. We have to write a script and voice act it? Can't we just follow one flowing audio and animate the scenes?

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-28 09:34:03

At 8/28/13 09:02 AM, Jinchur wrote: Wait, wait. We have to write a script and voice act it? Can't we just follow one flowing audio and animate the scenes?

NOOO! I have 3 voice actor :X

I and ATheatricalSongBird and SkuhPlew right now

I am doing max voice acting
ATheatricalSongBird was doing the girl's voice acting and gorge was done by SkuhPlew !

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-28 09:44:09

At 8/28/13 09:34 AM, A-Genius wrote:
At 8/28/13 09:02 AM, Jinchur wrote: Wait, wait. We have to write a script and voice act it? Can't we just follow one flowing audio and animate the scenes?
NOOO! I have 3 voice actor :X

Oh. Sorry. Shoot me up a PM when I'm the next person to animate. :)

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-08-29 10:59:30

Sorry I kinda bailed on this project. My microphone and tablet were both broken a few weeks ago. I still want to see it finish though, even if it sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-08 14:08:47

I've recently got a chronic back condition where I can't sit at a computer for a long amount of time. I technically can do this, but school fork hurts me too much at the computer right now, sorry guys.

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-14 00:16:49

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-14 00:20:38

At 9/14/13 12:16 AM, A-Genius wrote: MetalBooster has completed his part:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/9fb852420a7296fbfd7c35d41c863795

I want to know your continue on this Alphaman!

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-14 07:00:17

At 9/14/13 12:20 AM, A-Genius wrote:
At 9/14/13 12:16 AM, A-Genius wrote: MetalBooster has completed his part:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/9fb852420a7296fbfd7c35d41c863795
I want to know your continue on this Alphaman!

that`s not complete at all, the script isn`t fully in his part. I`m not going to do my part if he is gonna act this lazy.

Signature done by Vee!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-14 08:30:11

I don't know because he got exams! so I guessed that's enough for him don't you think? plus It was I don't expect everyone to have a full done script ! plus it's really good effort for someone who is beginner in animating! this collab was suppose to encourage people to animate if he was pro or beginner, if you still don't want to be part of this then you can quit!

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-14 09:51:33

Collab should die, just sayin.

Signature done by Vee!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-15 12:14:27

At 9/14/13 09:51 AM, Alphaman wrote: Collab should die, just sayin.

ah =( then should i keed going?

cause i think that its my turn

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-15 12:17:35

i'm not quiting, i'm just saying.

The owner even knew why to quit, and This guy is only hosting it because his part took a long time to make. And the fact that metalbooster is so lazy to even draw his own goddamn characters AND finish his storyline, and I should do all the work. The fact that He was giving me attitude makes me want to quit. But I haven't made up my mind yet.

Signature done by Vee!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-15 18:55:14

At 9/15/13 12:17 PM, Alphaman wrote: i'm not quiting, i'm just saying.

why do you care too much about others animation, you should not compare your skills with others! beside, I told you that he have exams, you wouldn't understand how hard it's to animate while you prepare for exam! also, sometimes you have to cut down your part in order to finish! who said that my part was 100% complete do you know that part of it was chopped during the operation!

It was a big mistake showing the script to you! if I haven't we wouldn't argue!

also let's say for example he doesn't have exams and he was lazy, so does that mean that it's the end of the world?! NO! so stop this nonsense and let this collab continue! astranime will continue and then you will do if you want ! if you argue too much you will make the collab stay longer just let it be! =.=

you will not understand that you can't close this forum anymore , we got 3 entries so far!

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-15 20:43:23

At 9/15/13 06:55 PM, A-Genius wrote:
At 9/15/13 12:17 PM, Alphaman wrote: i'm not quiting, i'm just saying.
why do you care too much about others animation, you should not compare your skills with others! beside, I told you that he have exams, you wouldn't understand how hard it's to animate while you prepare for exam! also, sometimes you have to cut down your part in order to finish! who said that my part was 100% complete do you know that part of it was chopped during the operation!

It was a big mistake showing the script to you! if I haven't we wouldn't argue!

Attitude again.

But really, SHOWING ME THE SCRIPT WAS A MISTAKE? Then how would I participate in the collab LOL.

Signature done by Vee!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-09-25 17:14:35

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-10-01 17:15:40

ook so i guess this one it is finally dead =P

Response to 1-Up Collab 2013-10-07 09:36:31

At 10/1/13 05:15 PM, astranime wrote:

NO it has to sleep for a while until you finish your part!