00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Legalizing weed is so far away

3,919 Views | 56 Replies

Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-26 20:38:22

This gun law thing is gonna take awhile to cool down, man. That means states won't be seeing legalized weed for a long time. Shits not fair.

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-26 20:58:31

At 2/26/13 08:38 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: This gun law thing is gonna take awhile to cool down, man. That means states won't be seeing legalized weed for a long time. Shits not fair.

Signing up just to make a gimmick account and post a thread like this is too much effort for an actual pothead to exert.

Not a convincing trolling 3/10

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-26 21:01:08

At 2/26/13 08:58 PM, Famas wrote:
At 2/26/13 08:38 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: This gun law thing is gonna take awhile to cool down, man. That means states won't be seeing legalized weed for a long time. Shits not fair.
Signing up just to make a gimmick account and post a thread like this is too much effort for an actual pothead to exert.

Not a convincing trolling 3/10

Trolling man? Shit I don't flow that way. You got someone mixed up man.

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-26 22:49:27

Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do. Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-26 23:31:34

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do. Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

Eh I seldom agree with Camaro but, pretty much this.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-26 23:34:53

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do. Now please, go back to your Mom's basement and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

shit bro harsh. speaking my mind and feelings.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-26 23:37:59

Crazy shit gun laws they should let people be on let people own their things. i know things been crazy but respect the things that people own. I don't own a gun so they shouldnt take away weed away either.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-26 23:50:51

At 2/26/13 11:37 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: Crazy shit gun laws they should let people be on let people own their things. i know things been crazy but respect the things that people own. I don't own a gun so they shouldnt take away weed away either.

Um what do you mean? I mean two states have already legalized weed, what could be done right now? I think Congress at this point especially since it's days away from destroying the economy has more important things to care about than legalizing weed or hell even gun control.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-26 23:52:18

yeah i dont know. The government rolls the dice on anything these days man. crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 02:26:24

At 2/27/13 01:28 AM, Entice wrote:
Because everyone that cares about the legalization of cannabis is wasting their life away.

To be fair, the OP did go from 8 posts to 80 in the matter of an hour.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 05:56:25

At 2/26/13 10:49 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Don't care. Legalizing pot is about 1,000,000th in line for importance of things our government needs to do.

Hey, look at that, you're wrong. And as was said, you're lying, this isn't your belief at all, your belief is that legalisation is the wrong move. Also the same shit was pulled by the anti-gay-marriage crowd - 'there are other things to worry about' - because they never wanted gays to get married. Legalising weed could help us to deal with the 'other things', though, like the budget deficit, the toilet of an economy and the large justice bill.
Now please, go back to your Mom's basement
I'll go to yo momma in my basement

and waste your life away while the real adults discuss issues of actual governance.

Yeah because the legalisation of cannabis totally isn't a legitimate political issue atm

you need to stop acting like a douche

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 06:00:55

The logic of "there's something more important so they don't have time for this" isn't really correct. I mean, didn't New York just make selling 2 liter bottles of soda illegal? The government wastes their time on dumb shit constantly.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 06:03:29

At 2/27/13 06:00 AM, jAvAcOlA wrote: The logic of "there's something more important so they don't have time for this" isn't really correct. I mean, didn't New York just make selling 2 liter bottles of soda illegal? The government wastes their time on dumb shit constantly.

Whenever you hear someone using that argument, remember it is only used to shut down conversation. It has literally got to be one of the worst possible arguments ever, all it is is an advocacy of the status quo.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 06:11:52

At 2/27/13 06:03 AM, Earfetish wrote:
Whenever you hear someone using that argument, remember it is only used to shut down conversation. It has literally got to be one of the worst possible arguments ever, all it is is an advocacy of the status quo.

As little apathy as I have for marijuana legalization (I'd at least like to see it decriminalized, but that has more to do with my stance on our growing incarceration problem than anything else), it still kind of bums me to see that its activism basically consists of self sabotaging talking points that pretty much reaffirm negative stigmas about its proponents.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 06:50:02

At 2/27/13 06:00 AM, jAvAcOlA wrote:
The logic of "there's something more important so they don't have time for this" isn't really correct. I mean, didn't New York just make selling 2 liter bottles of soda illegal? The government wastes their time on dumb shit constantly.

Exactly! Weed is not a problem. Only they make it a problem! These days they make things illegal becuase they dont like the idea of it or some other dumb shit. Really they should let it be and stop treating like cocaine or something. Tobacco is legal and that shit gives you cancer. Like what the fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 11:53:58

At 2/27/13 06:11 AM, Famas wrote: its activism basically consists of self sabotaging talking points that pretty much reaffirm negative stigmas about its proponents.

And these people wonder why I don't take the legalize weed crowd seriously.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 12:50:40

At 2/27/13 11:53 AM, Camarohusky wrote: And these people wonder why I don't take the legalize weed crowd seriously.

Hey Camaro. I've had some debates with you here on Newgrounds in the past, and you've always seemed willing to have serious and respectful discourse on a wide variety of topics. You've even agreed with me on a number of occasions and backed my arguments.

Now, considering that I am part of the "legalize weed crowd", how is it that you are able to treat my arguments on other topics in a serious and adult manner, but when it comes to the topic of marijuana prohibition, you preemptively denounce any argument that I could come up with in favor of drug legalization, all the while implying that anyone who would argue such a position is a feckless moron living in their parents' basement?

Why such contempt? Why such childishly rude ad hominem?

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 12:57:34

At 2/27/13 12:49 PM, Korriken wrote: anyway, I'm all for legalizing narcotics on one condition. they have to be licensed to do it, and to get the license you have to be sterilized. last thing we need is a bunch of drug addicts making babies

Oh look, an ancestor of Korriken just traveled from the year 1930 and made this stupid comment:

"Anyway, I'm all for legalizing alcohol on one condition. They have to be licensed to do it, and to get the license you have to be sterilized. Last thing we need is a bunch of alcohol addicts making babies."

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 13:03:14

I'd posit that the prison industrial complex, racial discrimination within the legal system, and the billions wasted on the war on drugs is a pretty serious issue of governance.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 14:23:50

I reckon Carmohusky and Korriken are morons who should be imprisoned for their dangerous and moronic viewpoints

being high-and-mighty online should be punishable by coprophagia

how do you like them apples

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 15:03:17

At 2/27/13 12:49 PM, Korriken wrote: anyway, I'm all for legalizing narcotics on one condition. they have to be licensed to do it, and to get the license you have to be sterilized. last thing we need is a bunch of drug addicts making babies

License? Haha sorry but thats a no go bro.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 15:03:57

At 2/27/13 02:23 PM, Earfetish wrote: I reckon Carmohusky and Korriken are morons who should be imprisoned for their dangerous and moronic viewpoints

being high-and-mighty online should be punishable by coprophagia

Hatter, to answer your post, see above. ^^^

I don't like the arguments of the pro-weed crowd. They ignore all evidence that marijuana does in fact have strong negative effects, that it would take a large amount of infrastructure and expense to make it legal, and have yet to prove any reason why we should encourage the negative effects and overlook the high transaction cost of legalizing it.

In the end the response tends to always boil down to stupidity (see earfetish's response) or the same "you're harshing my buzz, man." When these folks try to talk about the subject, I shut them down. I don't want their skunk on fire smell to rot my debate time. When someone is willing to debate a subject on an intellectual level, as is RARELY the case with legalizing marijuana, I will do so.

Nothing about recreational marijuana use if positive. Nothing. While there may be some negatives to the current enforcement regime, unleashing a prodct with no positive benefit whatsoever, and known negatives, onto the public is not an acceptable alternative. There is a middle ground, but the pro-weed crowd wants none of it. They want their illicit past time to be legalized. That's really all they care about. Very rarely does one approach the pro-legalizaion argument with a motive that does not involve wanting to light up themselves with no consequences. That last sentence is perhaps the biggest reason I have such disdain for the subject.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-02-27 15:12:09

At 2/27/13 03:03 PM, Camarohusky wrote: They want their illicit past time to be legalized. That's really all they care about. Very rarely does one approach the pro-legalizaion argument with a motive that does not involve wanting to light up themselves with no consequences. That last sentence is perhaps the biggest reason I have such disdain for the subject.

shit man does everyone pushes the limit on the forums like you man? crazy man crazy. You posted. These are the results bro.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-01 00:55:11

At 2/27/13 12:49 PM, Korriken wrote:
At 2/27/13 11:53 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
And these people wonder why I don't take the legalize weed crowd seriously.
wait. people take them seriously?

When is it ever possible to take high people seriously?

Legalizing weed is so far away

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-03 09:43:38

At 2/27/13 03:48 PM, Entice wrote: Shit I phrased that wrong.

Anyways, the benefit of legalization is that people have the freedom to smoke it and make their own decisions. Those decisions may affect other people but in the case of weed it isn't direct.

Bear with me for a second and think of gun violence. While I'll support the right to own a semi-automatic rifle with a 30-round magazine, I don't think that anyone needs one. The cost of this is that every once in a while a guy with mental problems gets a hold of one and shoots up a school. That's the cost of freedom, but the problem wasn't the guns it was the mental state of the man that shot up the school. He could have gotten the same rifle illegally (if they were made illegal) if he had wanted to or done the same damage with a legal weapon.

For every 100 guys that can handle smoking pot occasionally there will be someone with problems that chooses to waste away his life smoking weed. That guy is already living in the basement of the house down your street, and keeping weed illegal won't change that. That doesn't mean there's a significant benefit to locking 100 of his friends up just because they enjoy smoking. He's just the cost for others to enjoy weed. What if weed was legal and taxed and the tax revenue went towards rehab?

I hope that makes sense. Basically what I'm saying is that certain things like weed and weapons take a toll on society whether they're legal or not, and instead of punishing people that aren't part of that cost we could be using some of the money it generates to help solve the problem.

Agreed. Making it anything available to everyone means that somebody cause a problem with it. We can't exclude people from privileges like weed or guns, because we believe in equality.
If weed were to be treated like cigarettes (although taxed more) then we would have a very happy government.

Until someone has an evening smoke with the President and congress, I doubt the situation will change. So, until then, move to Amsterdam.

If you have a problem with what I say and how I say it, either we have a reasoned discussion, or you suck a donkey.

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-03 15:33:22

There at least two states that have marijuana legalized (Colorado and California I think) but I've also heard you can't have more than one gram of it or something, so we're still closer to it than we think. Hopefully, it will become as mainstream accepted as gay marriage. Now that I think about it, I think gay marriage would be something better worth fighting for to legalize than marijuana.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-03 16:34:37

At 3/3/13 03:33 PM, Ericho wrote: There at least two states that have marijuana legalized (Colorado and California I think)

Colorado and Washington. California just has legalized medicinal marijuana. There was a bill to legalize recreational, but it failed. shame.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-09 10:46:27

I remember the commentary for the "South Park" episode "Medicinal Fried Chicken" and Trey and Matt said that it was inevitable that Colorado (where they grew up in) was growing to legalize marijuana and they were right. Now, we don't have to worry about faking illness or injury to get it there.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-09 17:30:00

At 3/9/13 10:46 AM, Ericho wrote: I remember the commentary for the "South Park" episode "Medicinal Fried Chicken" and Trey and Matt said that it was inevitable that Colorado (where they grew up in) was growing to legalize marijuana and they were right. Now, we don't have to worry about faking illness or injury to get it there.

That Episode was mostly about the hypocrisy of many of the newer generations of Liberals, many of them condemning the unhealthy aspects of fast food and others calling for the legalization of marijuana. The idea being that both are about as harmful to humans. They did a similar thing with tobacco with the basic message being some people do it to make themselves feel good and know the health risks so why punish those people as well.

People who dismiss South Park as another one of those stoner comedies with no real message don't notice the overarching political messages......

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Legalizing weed is so far away 2013-03-09 23:35:38

Nope I disagree.

Just looking at the times, legalization seems to be picking up speed compared to what, a decade ago? I believe a variety of factors have attributed to this, but of them, one seems to stick out at me for some reason.

The impact of imprisoned marijuana smokers.

Perhaps it is my own personal bias experience talking, but has the social media from books to the news talked about the negative aspects like costs of imprisoning individuals whose only crime was possession? The spin I believe that has repeatively occurred over the years has finally caught on, and now legalization talks are taken seriously.

However...

I get the distinct impression the federal government won't quite give in yet. Far too much political power influence unlike certain states who don't mind legalization.

The aspiration to make Marijuana akin to how Alcohol is treated today would probably take a decade at the very hopeful least.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature