00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

South Park: The Stick Of Truth

3,804 Views | 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2013-02-10 07:36:34

I just saw that they were going to unlock the new game on Steam for the South Park Game, and its only
gonna be 3 weeks until then! Are you guys excited or not? Do you think they should even make the game?
Here is a screenshot:

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2013-02-10 12:02:36

I've never been to big on TV Show/ Movie Video Game Adaptations but I could give it a try.

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2013-02-11 19:41:50

At 2/10/13 11:34 AM, tyler2513 wrote: I have yet to play the N64 South Park games so I think this one can wait. Besides, I don't think it'll turn out any better than perhaps another TV show based mediocre game.

This looks really basass though....

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2013-02-11 20:02:50

At 2/11/13 07:41 PM, Wavepad wrote: This looks really basass though....

I saw Jesus fly in and pump bad guys full of lead...

...I don't even like South Park and the trailer caught my eye.

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2013-02-11 22:48:11

At 2/11/13 08:02 PM, Demonbrunch wrote:
At 2/11/13 07:41 PM, Wavepad wrote: This looks really basass though....
I saw Jesus fly in and pump bad guys full of lead...

Thats because he is Jesus, he is badass.

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2013-02-12 04:29:18

Oh cool the game is coming out on PC. I might actually play it now.

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2013-02-12 06:00:39

certainly has alot of hype behind the game which is worrying because the higher the expectations, the more likely people will be disappointed in the finished product. I remember there was a south park game that came out last year based on the gameplay of New Super Mario Bros and Rayman Origins. That game turned out shit despite the hype behind it.

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2013-02-12 13:35:10

Ah good, I'd heard that this had been delayed since THQ went under. Might get it one day, it actually looks pretty fun.

god

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-04 06:30:33

Ha, funny to think how the game wouldn't come out until a year later.

I picked it up from a local grocery store tonight. Any of you guys get it?

I'm surprised by how deep it is. Seems very polished and funny thus far!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-04 14:39:18

This could be great if executed properly.

I'll have to wait for some reviews.

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-04 18:14:32

At 3/4/14 02:39 PM, Darthdenim wrote: This could be great if executed properly.

Are you a fan of the show and do you enjoy RPG games like Paper Mario? It's great if you're into those two things.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-04 19:55:58

looks pretty bland tbh

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-04 22:19:26

At 3/4/14 02:39 PM, Darthdenim wrote: This could be great if executed properly.

Reviews are already out. It looks like it stays true to the show, but gameplay is bland and it's kinda glitchy. Think of it as a really long south park episode. The only complaints other than it being a bit glitchy mostly revolve around reviewers crying about a SOUTH PARK game being offensive. Supposedly has around 14 hours of gameplay including sidequests. Personally I'll wait for a price drop, but it seems like something you'd really want if you're a big fan of the show.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-04 22:48:07

I pre-ordered it for exclusive stuff. its pretty bland and difficult even on casual mode seeing as the enemies level along with you. the story is alright but its glitchy and repetitive, side quests are annoying seeing as you have no real clues or directions on what to do or where to go.

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-05 01:53:48

I played it twice. The first time I enjoyed the game, but the 2nd time around I got pretty bored. The first time around I didn't even know you could put things on your weapon and armor to improve it and I still beat the game pretty easily. I'm not crying about difficulty because hard games kind of suck. However the funny thing is, the 2nd time around I know how to equip all the extras to modify the weapons but I had a harder time at beating certain enemies and think I died at places I didn't the first time around. The first time I played as a Fighter and second time as a Mage. Didn't notice much of a difference other than a few magic spells because the Melee weapons were mostly the same or so it appeared that way.

First play through I felt this game was 9 or 8 out of 10 and considered it a good game. Now I consider it a 7/10 after my 2nd play through and I collected most of the items and extra quests. I recommend this game as a rental and only for big big South Park fans. If you don't like South Park, then I doubt you'll find anything enjoyable about this game because this is mostly South Park humor. Games nothing special, but its a start. I hope we get a better game in the future, if not thats alright with me either way.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-05 01:58:30

At 3/4/14 10:48 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I pre-ordered it for exclusive stuff. its pretty bland and difficult even on casual mode seeing as the enemies level along with you. the story is alright but its glitchy and repetitive, side quests are annoying seeing as you have no real clues or directions on what to do or where to go.

If you click on a side quest it posts exclamations on where you have to go on the map and you can read the quest on the exclamation mark. It's easy, but most of the side quests are lame anyways. I went to place to place and fought those mini-bosses for jimbo but the good thing about doing that is that it levels you automatically to level 14.

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-05 07:34:58

At 3/4/14 07:55 PM, angrybirds2000 wrote: looks pretty bland tbh

No, it's a new game with a special style of playing it.
If you don't like it. Just don't buy it. I'm just excited
to see a new style of gaming, since South Park's
animation is really cool.

"bland"

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-05 08:17:03

At 3/5/14 07:34 AM, Wavepad wrote:
At 3/4/14 07:55 PM, angrybirds2000 wrote: looks pretty bland tbh
No, it's a new game with a special style of playing it.
If you don't like it. Just don't buy it. I'm just excited
to see a new style of gaming, since South Park's
animation is really cool.

"bland"

It is bland from all they bother to show of it. If the trailers for the game just want to show what could or could not be things from the game with no gameplay unless it is a Sega CD game then it clearly has nothing to show. It is trying to clearly dig at the people who like the cartoon, which means it is merely going to be a """""cinematic""""" game (needs that many quotations as their previous attempt at making a film could barely be called that) which would make it valid for a single playthrough only, which is going to be likely only watching cartoons after cartoons before its over and it would have no replayability, if it could be called playability to begin with.

Of course the game might actually have some gameplay, but as I said, if the trailers refuse to show anything other than cartoons then fuck caring about gameplay.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-05 15:41:09

At 3/5/14 08:17 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Of course the game might actually have some gameplay, but as I said, if the trailers refuse to show anything other than cartoons then fuck caring about gameplay.

What game trailers show gameplay? None... look up a gameplay trailer or just look up gameplay. Holy fuck the people on this forum are retarded.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-06 04:24:02

At 3/5/14 01:53 AM, TheKlown wrote:
I recommend this game as a rental

I hear that. I beat the game's main story tonight and while I've had fun with it, I wish I hadn't spent 60 bucks on this game just so I could beat it in two days. I'm really hoping the side quests give this game a boost.

FInal Boss was hilarious and epic, though.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-06 15:47:46

At 3/5/14 08:17 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: It is bland from all they bother to show of it. If the trailers for the game just want to show what could or could not be things from the game with no gameplay unless it is a Sega CD game then it clearly has nothing to show. It is trying to clearly dig at the people who like the cartoon, which means it is merely going to be a """""cinematic""""" game (needs that many

I agree with you on it being a cinematic game. Mostly because
the gameplay differs a lot from other games. Fuck it, I agree with you on everything.

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-07 07:28:57

Pretty shitty that Liberals are butt-hurt over the new South Park game. They're claiming that South Parks are extreme righties because they show the truth on some matter in the game which I won't talk about. I don't recommend reading that review because it will spoil the game for you at parts, but I find it disturbing that Liberals have nothing better to do then attack South Park all the time. They gave the game a good review, but they still took a shot at the South Park creators. They're claiming they have an agenda. I'm sorry that the South Park creators have morals. Sure the comedy is crude which most of us love, but they do give good messages to society in their games and tv show.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2454472,00.asp

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-07 09:50:12

At 3/4/14 10:48 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I pre-ordered it for exclusive stuff. its pretty bland and difficult even on casual mode seeing as the enemies level along with you. the story is alright but its glitchy and repetitive, side quests are annoying seeing as you have no real clues or directions on what to do or where to go.

Hahaha some people will never stop complaining. You know the amount of hate Obisidian got for not having enemies level with you on New Vegas? A FUCKING LOT. The difficulty is fine, actually.. it becomes way too easy so if anything they should add more difficulty.

The only problem I've had with this game is lack of content, but I can perfectly understand it with the amount of things that had to be licensed for the game. The combat is absolutely perfect, Final Fantasy should actually take notes from the combat in this game because their combat has gone to shit.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-07 10:56:49

At 3/7/14 09:50 AM, simon wrote: The only problem I've had with this game is lack of content, but I can perfectly understand it with the amount of things that had to be licensed for the game. The combat is absolutely perfect, Final Fantasy should actually take notes from the combat in this game because their combat has gone to shit.

Haven't played Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy VII. You're saying it some how got worse over time?

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-07 12:17:53

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-07 20:10:48

At 3/5/14 08:17 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: gameplay.

As I already told you a month ago, Ragnarokia, they've shown gameplay footage. There, you see turn based gameplay.

Really, dude. YouTube.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-08 01:12:56

It seems to be that everyone on YouTube is playing this game. First Duncan of the Yogscast uploaded 3 episodes back-to-back on the day it came out, and today Game Grumps started playing the Steam version on Steam Train earlier today.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-08 07:42:54

At 3/8/14 01:12 AM, Eddmario wrote: It seems to be that everyone on YouTube is playing this game. First Duncan of the Yogscast uploaded 3 episodes back-to-back on the day it came out, and today Game Grumps started playing the Steam version on Steam Train earlier today.

heh, I just checked it out. Pewdiepie got the game before it even released too.

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-08 08:54:05

At 3/7/14 10:56 AM, TheKlown wrote: Haven't played Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy VII. You're saying it some how got worse over time?

It's barely even turn based anymore.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to South Park: The Stick Of Truth 2014-03-08 12:25:40

Finished it. 100% in 12 hours.

Good, but pretty irritated I paid full price for it. Expect more from an RPG.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature