00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

People don't like action movies?

1,548 Views | 22 Replies

People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 13:53:54

Hard action movies like Dredd, and The Last Stand Flop, and now the new Stallone Movie, The Last Stand, flops too.

What the hell?

Is everybody a pussy now cause of Sandy Hook?

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 13:55:29

Yes they're big pussies

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 13:55:50

Maybe the action movies now suck. I'm not sure. I don't think I've seen more than a couple action movies.

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 13:56:32

The new Die Hard will probably make money, only because it's a famous franchise.

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 14:10:17

Let's wait until Iron Man 3 comes out...

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 14:14:15

I could see why the new Stallone movie would fail. Same stuff with the same actor, but much older.

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 14:15:48

At 2/2/13 01:56 PM, Revoke wrote: They don't shitpost about it though.

Dude, half of the BBS is shitposting.

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 14:21:04

At 2/2/13 02:15 PM, GamesArmor wrote:
At 2/2/13 01:56 PM, Revoke wrote: They don't shitpost about it though.
Dude, half of the BBS is shitposting.

He just has a personal vendetta against me for some reason.

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 14:39:10

no because they are sub-par movies.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 14:47:16

I think it's because they're definite rentals. I know I wouldn't pay for a ticket to see any of those in the theater, but I still intend to rent them.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 18:49:54

At 2/2/13 02:53 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote:
At 2/2/13 02:33 PM, The777Demon wrote: who is sandy hook an activist?
Captain Hook's cousin I think.

Superhero movies seem to do pretty well. I think the male target audience for action movies have moved onto video games.

This thread reminded me that I still want to see Dredd.

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-02 18:50:53

Action movies are cool.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 15:43:33

Action movies are fucking boring, is the problem. They really really are.

Fight scenes with unwitty banter building up to more fight scenes enrich me in no way. I have tried quite a few times, because there are exceptions (Bourne series is very very good) but often the reliance on action over character or good plot ruins a film. I can't care about the action if I don't care about the people in it.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 15:44:58

The genre has been done to death too much for me to enjoy them anymore if there's no uniqueness to them. Like Xenomit said, Transformers was neat because robots fucking each other up, but then you've got shitty "fast cars blonde women action one-liners arrghhh" like the recent Jack Reacher that have absolutely no interesting aspects.

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 15:45:31

At 2/2/13 02:16 PM, Xenomit wrote: I love action movies, but only when they're 100% action and 0% anything els. I watch action movies to see explosions and guns and good shit like that.

I loved transformers, but only because it had two of my favorite things in the world: Big explosions, and amazing orgasmic sounds.

Movies catering to people with your taste are exactly the reason shit movies exist. If 'explosions and guns and good shit like that' is enough to entertain people then no wonder that's all a lot of movies are (I'm looking at you recent DIE HARD films)

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 15:49:48

At 2/16/13 03:44 PM, Jester wrote: Jack Reacher that have absolutely no interesting aspects.

I enjoyed the shootout scene near the end; I especially liked how the stacks of paper in the backseat of the car protected him from enemy gunfire, seeing as how the Mythbusters did indeed find out that paper in such quantities is quite bulletproof.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 15:51:06

At 2/16/13 03:46 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 2/16/13 03:43 PM, Otto wrote: Action movies are fucking boring, is the problem. They really really are.
watch ong bak

hell yeah.

If you like that movie, then you should see the Raid: Redemption.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 15:56:51

At 2/16/13 03:49 PM, Tremulos wrote:
At 2/16/13 03:44 PM, Jester wrote: Jack Reacher that have absolutely no interesting aspects.
I enjoyed the shootout scene near the end; I especially liked how the stacks of paper in the backseat of the car protected him from enemy gunfire, seeing as how the Mythbusters did indeed find out that paper in such quantities is quite bulletproof.

I haven't seen it, but after seeing multiple trailers with no visible story other than "Tom Cruise is a cop who has lots of gunfights, gets mad ass, and fights people hand to hand sometimes" so I chalked it up alongside the other recent generic action movies like Parker and The Expendables 2.

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 16:01:36

At 2/16/13 03:56 PM, Jester wrote: I haven't seen it, but after seeing multiple trailers with no visible story other than "Tom Cruise is a cop who has lots of gunfights, gets mad ass, and fights people hand to hand sometimes" so I chalked it up alongside the other recent generic action movies like Parker and The Expendables 2.

Even though you're mostly right about it this time, you really shouldn't say things like "absolutely no interesting aspects" if you haven't actually seen the movie. Jack Reacher had cooler than average shootouts and gun stuff imo

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 16:04:03

Dunno man. Generalising for no reason will help.

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 16:05:34

At 2/2/13 01:53 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Is everybody a pussy now cause of Sandy Hook?

I love all of those movies, the remake of Dredd especially.

It's a crazy world.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-16 16:07:40

At 2/16/13 04:01 PM, Tremulos wrote:
Even though you're mostly right about it this time, you really shouldn't say things like "absolutely no interesting aspects" if you haven't actually seen the movie. Jack Reacher had cooler than average shootouts and gun stuff imo

Fair enough, but the point of a trailer is to catch somebody's attention, so generally if there's something interesting about a movie they'll show it off in the trailer a bit. The Dark Knight wasn't about The Joker, but he was all over the advertisements because he's the most interesting part of the movie.

Response to People don't like action movies? 2013-02-17 01:08:46

At 2/16/13 09:27 PM, zag wrote: Action movies that are based solely on shitty one liners, effects and untalented action stars lack artistic merit.

But that's why we love them!

There's a big difference in American action movies and Asian ones, though. In the Asian world, the actors know their action. There are some awesome martial artists acting out their dreams, like Donnie Yen, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Tony Jaa... they're on a whole different level from regular action movies!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature