00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

1 thing that pisses me of about SSB

2,584 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm sure this has been done before but you ever notice everytime you play SSBB with friends they ALWAYS choose final destination. Seriously all the fucking time even when it's just for fun. I mean do people realize the whole point of SSBB is to pick your favorite Nintendo characters and fight in stage hazard filled environments? Seriously what's the fucking point

Anyway bitching aside what's your favorite breakfast meal?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 15:46:12

Some like playing on hazard filled stages, but others like playing on Final Destination because there are no hazards, it is one straight platform, and it relies solely on skill instead of using the hazards to your advantage.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 16:15:42

At 1/19/13 03:31 PM, Wegra wrote: I'm sure this has been done before but you ever notice everytime you play SSBB with friends they ALWAYS choose final destination.

Nope.

Anyway bitching aside what's your favorite breakfast meal?

Honey Comb :3

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 16:33:05

FINAL DESTINATION

NO ITEMS

THREE STOCK

FOX ONLY

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 17:17:07

I agree, it's all well and good being skilled at the game but it's a loss let fun without items and interesting stages.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 18:16:48

That is because there is no obstacles, just pure skill.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 18:28:09

It's popular because if you have no items on, you rely on just your skill and reactions. Not that I don't like stages with hazards, my favorites are pirate ship, spear pillar and green hill zone.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 18:30:04

i don't like fighting games in general.

shit gets heated and competitive and I just don't like it.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 22:05:17

To be honest, Final Destination is actually my favourite stage in Brawl. I like the single platform skill-based side of the game almost more than the silly unpredictable side.

also dat background is #trippy as fuq

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 22:14:03

At 1/19/13 03:31 PM, Wegra wrote: I mean do people realize the whole point of SSBB is to pick your favorite Nintendo characters and fight in stage hazard filled environments?

It is?

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-19 23:13:38

I would honestly rather play the game the way it is meant to be played, with items and stage hazards. I realize it can be a complex fighter without all that, but knowing the items/hazard is just as important as knowing your character.

Depending on the stage, unbalanced rosters can become balanced by setting stages/items strategically.

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-20 00:07:14

Final Destination bores me honestly. I like playing on all the different levels with their hazards. If I do want to play a flat stage like that I'll play the animal crossing one. I like to have an audience.

as for breakfast, I'll say hash browns with rainbow pancakes. Shit's the bomb

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-20 00:10:31

At 1/19/13 11:13 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I would honestly rather play the game the way it is meant to be played.

I'm purdy sure the game was meant to be played the way you have most fun bro. Whatever ruleset works for you.

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-20 14:47:41

Your friends are faggots if they only play no items/final destination

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-20 18:32:55

As most people on this thread are saying, Final Destination is a neutral stage as it's quite hazard less in comparison to most others, so people prefer it as it comes down mostly to skill rather than luck killing your enemy with an explosive or something else that sends them flying off screen instantaneously.

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-01-20 19:08:32

At 1/20/13 06:32 PM, MacDonaldFin wrote: As most people on this thread are saying, Final Destination is a neutral stage as it's quite hazard less in comparison to most others, so people prefer it as it comes down mostly to skill rather than luck killing your enemy with an explosive or something else that sends them flying off screen instantaneously.

I understand no items, I guess. But wouldn't playing on different levels be a better test of skill?

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-09 23:01:39

At 1/20/13 02:47 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Your friends are faggots if they only play no items/final destination

Funny story I was at my friends for new years and the right away she plays Final Destination. I got a little pissed and even was like "Dude seriously we're doing this shit?" Well maybe not like a temper tantrum but I kinda just joked around. Still I guess they were kinda faggy considering they were playing J-pop in the background

Eh what's a poor fucker like me to do

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-10 00:24:05

At 1/19/13 06:16 PM, NightOwl wrote: That is because there is no obstacles, just pure skill.

+1

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-10 00:29:07

Yeah I wish people would pick battlefield/smashvile more. Every stage favor certain characters in a way even the starters, for example fox has the advantage on fd (because fox can laser pressure you into approahing and since there aren't any platforms there's nothing stopping him from punishing you). And there are (legal counter-pick) stages can change favor odds (ex: pokemon stadium 1). Vbrawl fd gives characters like wolf/diddy a disadvantage cause of the way they recover and the stage sides can't slide up cause of that small ceiling part. In other words sv&bf is more balenced then fd.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-10 00:43:46

At 2/10/13 12:29 AM, tsukikomi wrote:

Uh...Can I get that in English?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-10 00:54:44

At 2/10/13 12:43 AM, Wegra wrote:
At 2/10/13 12:29 AM, tsukikomi wrote:
Uh...Can I get that in English?

En otras palabras sv y BF es más balenced entonces fd. Y aprende habilidades aplastar por qué no te NOOB.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-10 16:36:11

It's because people try to be competitive like it's a fighting game, it's really not, regardless of how much you like the characters and want to play them as a professional it'll always be random and unfair.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-10 18:29:32

At 2/10/13 12:29 AM, tsukikomi wrote: Yeah I wish people would pick battlefield/smashvile more. Every stage favor certain characters in a way even the starters, for example fox has the advantage on fd (because fox can laser pressure you into approahing and since there aren't any platforms there's nothing stopping him from punishing you).

Lolz but everyone can chaingrab fox to death on that stage because there are no platforms stopping them :p

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-10 19:38:14

Ugh, yes, I hate it when people do this. Even worse is when they also insist on shutting off all the items. They're taking a loose, silly party game and trying to constrict it into this dull, serious thing that it's not. Why not just force everyone to play as the same character, while you're at it?

But to get back on topic, nothing beats a nice bagel and lox. Why yes, I am Jewish, how did you know?

At 1/19/13 05:38 PM, Protagonist wrote: We play it for fun not to go tourny mode.

Exactly. Not only do hazards and items generally make things more fun, but adding that element of chance also levels the playing field a little for less experienced players and lets them get more involved in the game. If I'm just sitting around playing with a bunch of friends, odds are that some people haven't played as much as others, and I'd rather make sure they were all having fun than be a dick just to exert my own totally meaningless Smash Bros dominance.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-10 22:57:45

If you want items/bullshit stages so bad then go back to mario party where you belong. Smash is a sport/fighting game theres no way around it.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-11 00:18:19

That's one thing I never understand. If you want a fighting game that's based on skill, why play Super Smash Bros? Why not just stick with Street Fighter?

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-11 02:01:48

At 2/11/13 12:18 AM, ThePhantomGamer wrote: That's one thing I never understand. If you want a fighting game that's based on skill, why play Super Smash Bros? Why not just stick with Street Fighter?

Because we like to push people off-stage using skills.

And edge-hogging.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-11 02:50:24

At 1/19/13 03:31 PM, Wegra wrote: Anyway bitching aside what's your favorite breakfast meal?

Croissantes. Chocolate.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-11 02:55:09

Only thing about Brawl that sucks really, is that the online blows!! Hopefully, that gets fixed in the next one.

BBS Signature

Response to 1 thing that pisses me of about SSB 2013-02-12 16:57:08

At 2/11/13 11:04 PM, BigBadtheBazz wrote:
At 1/20/13 02:47 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Your friends are faggots if they only play no items/final destination
more like tourney fags, but yeah.

DURRR, anyone who likes to play smash without janky, imbalanced items and stages is a tourney fag. HURRRR

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature