00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OpSystemFilms just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are they suppose to tax free Pizza?

759 Views | 8 Replies

I was at the Pizza Shop today and picked up a free Large Pizza with all the coupons we have saved up for that Pizza Shop. They give me the Pizza and didn't ask for any taxes. I'm not complaining. I just thought even free stuff is taxed because our government is cheap and thinks everything should be taxed. Did I get lucky? Did someone mess up? Or is free stuff with coupons usually free? I didn't get anything else, because I'm pretty broke and I was feeling Italian Pizza. (Yum)

I felt like a cheapskate, but yeah it is what is when you have not much money.

Are they suppose to tax free Pizza?

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Are they suppose to tax free Pizza? 2013-01-18 22:39:56

How can they charge sales tax if a sale is not made? You are making no sense.

Response to Are they suppose to tax free Pizza? 2013-01-18 22:40:03

Ah America, the country where they can't learn to shove anything into a single price.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Are they suppose to tax free Pizza? 2013-01-18 22:44:08

At 1/18/13 10:39 PM, ButtHoleLogic wrote: How can they charge sales tax if a sale is not made? You are making no sense.

Easily, they could charge what a Normal Pain Pizza cost and add the tax to that which is about what 12-13 bucks plus tax so it comes to around $1.60 or $1.40? In my state there's 7 cents sales tax on most items.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Are they suppose to tax free Pizza? 2013-01-18 22:47:21

At 1/18/13 10:44 PM, TheKlown wrote:
At 1/18/13 10:39 PM, ButtHoleLogic wrote: How can they charge sales tax if a sale is not made? You are making no sense.
Easily, they could charge what a Normal Pain Pizza cost and add the tax to that which is about what 12-13 bucks plus tax so it comes to around $1.60 or $1.40? In my state there's 7 cents sales tax on most items.

No. It's called sales tax because it's "a tax paid to a governing body by a seller for the sales of certain goods and services. Usually laws allow (or require) the seller to collect funds for the tax from the consumer at the point of purchase."

A sale was not made. You got a free pizza. No sales tax. Use your head.

Response to Are they suppose to tax free Pizza? 2013-01-19 01:08:02

I'm pretty sure that they are supposed to tax it. I had 5 coupons I saved up for free Monsters, and I had to pay 12 cents for each of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just saying. Hell, whenever I have money, I end up being too generous with it, and end up with nothing left.

Response to Are they suppose to tax free Pizza? 2013-01-19 01:08:25

It's relative to price, and considering there was none I would take it that there's nothing to tax.

Response to Are they suppose to tax free Pizza? 2013-01-19 02:17:44

At 1/19/13 02:14 AM, TNT wrote: $0.00 x 8.25% (Texas sales tax) = $0.00.

This. How the fuck would they tax something that's free?

Response to Are they suppose to tax free Pizza? 2013-01-19 02:46:52

The IRS knows...

They'll be breaking into your house, spray painting your dog, and planting bugs in your shoes before you know it.