00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for a storyboard Artist

1,320 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-12 22:10:03

I have a script that is 109 pages and it needs a decent storyboard artist whom is able to go back and forth discussing details and imaging.

If you are able to dedicate your time please contact me asap. I also will credit the artist to their design once it is finished.

Thanks,

I.P

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-12 22:15:52

P. standard agreement here that generally if you don't pay/don't list payment you won't find anyone willing to work for you.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-12 23:02:34

At 1/12/13 10:10 PM, inkedpen1 wrote: I have a script that is 109 pages and it needs a decent storyboard artist whom is able to go back and forth discussing details and imaging.

If you are able to dedicate your time please contact me asap. I also will credit the artist to their design once it is finished.

Thanks,

I.P

I think you should tell us a little bit about what your story is about. What kind of stuff do you need drawn, is it Set in space? at sea? modern suberbia? just so people have an idea of what you're asking for.
Also what exactly is the story behind it? What are you going to do with our storyboard? Live action movie? Comic book? Animation? Do you have any prior experience with this sort of thing? Are you going to make money off of this thing? (I imagine you plan on it at least.) If so you're really going to need to offer some better compensation such as a percentage of the profits if you don't pay up front.
a 109 page script is not a small task. Asking for free work on that sort of thing is a really hard bargain when the artists here have lives of their own and other obligations.

Answer those questions and you might be able to get a better response. Best of luck

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 01:20:58

At 1/12/13 10:10 PM, inkedpen1 wrote: If you are able to dedicate your time please contact me asap. I also will credit the artist to their design once it is finished.

Thanks,

I.P

109 pages is a huge lenght. I just did a 2 page board and that was over 30 panels, how much payment are you offering for this? And please don't say "exposure"...

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 20:39:17

The movie script is about a young protagonist aged 19 who uncovers a secret of God. He and his friends are left to decide to serve evil or good in an epic and unique battle.

The movie script is currently being looked at by a movie studio.

Part of the negotiation with the studio is proof of concept to support the benefit of the idea once they've decided over demographics, related analysis (what is similar to this project and thus has been successful) and other aspects of progressive development.

I'm willing to credit the individual who is willing to make clean sketches and grasp emotional content within each storyboard.

I also acknowledge freedom of creativity and will do my best to draw specific points of action without stifling the artist.

payment of 100 upon further negotiations that would be discussed in confidential agreement.

Thanks for your time.

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 20:54:53

Only interested and potential partnerships need reply. Thanks.

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 21:05:10

At 1/13/13 09:00 PM, Escalus wrote:
At 1/13/13 08:54 PM, inkedpen1 wrote: Only interested and potential partnerships need reply. Thanks.
You mean the people who're too smart to take up your offer because you think they can't read through your malarkey?

I didn't come here to argue my project with a complete stranger. I also don't have the time for it. Best of luck to you? in your own professional arrangements.

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 21:11:45

payment of 100 rupees? is it the purple ones atleast?

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 21:16:55

Development Contract Receipt for *****

DATE TYPE AMOUNT
January 7, 2013 VISA **.**
Cost of Development Contract $***.**
Total Payments $**.**
Balance Remaining $***.**

Good luck to you in your future projects. Like I said, I really don't have the time. But I'll admit it gives another clarity. Thanks.

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 21:21:06

oh es, you so cray cray.

But no really, if you want people to take this request seriously, you have to make your offer in a professional manner, this is a considerable amount of work you are requesting. knowing atleast the currency of of whatever 100 means is pretty important, especially if you arent willing to go into any detail on what the project is actually about here. 100 euros vs 100 sandollars and all that.

Looking for a storyboard Artist

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 21:26:27

I've done this before yet only decided to search here for a concept artist. Payments don't get discussed in the open public, that's just bad sense and bad business. I'll take my business elsewhere if I don't receive a PM. It's really just that simple.

Thanks for allowing me to see how this site works for the most part.

Good luck to you both.

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 21:35:03

At 1/13/13 09:26 PM, inkedpen1 wrote: I've done this before yet only decided to search here for a concept artist. Payments don't get discussed in the open public, that's just bad sense and bad business. I'll take my business elsewhere if I don't receive a PM. It's really just that simple.

Good luck to you both.

well no, i dont really need superfine details on payment or anything, simply knowing what currency you are talking about is a modest thing to ask isnt it? i'm not asking for your bank information or even proof that you can actually pay anything, like your post with the bank stuff, what the heck is that supposed to even mean? I know you dont have time and all of that but where do you usually find people to do work for you if you've done this before?

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 21:40:40

At 1/13/13 09:35 PM, Template88 wrote:
At 1/13/13 09:26 PM, inkedpen1 wrote: I've done this before yet only decided to search here for a concept artist. Payments don't get discussed in the open public, that's just bad sense and bad business. I'll take my business elsewhere if I don't receive a PM. It's really just that simple.

Good luck to you both.
well no, i dont really need superfine details on payment or anything, simply knowing what currency you are talking about is a modest thing to ask isnt it? i'm not asking for your bank information or even proof that you can actually pay anything, like your post with the bank stuff, what the heck is that supposed to even mean? I know you dont have time and all of that but where do you usually find people to do work for you if you've done this before?

I've usually worked with local clients but during this time (especially after holidays) they are booked. That was not a layout of my banking information. It's a receipt that a studio will give you per payment after a contract has been signed.

This is for any potential client that may have been thrown off by the immaturity.

Thanks.

II Client Obligations

B. Show Concept Package; Approvals.
Client is responsible for obtaining a Show Concept Package describing the Show in a professional quality
format for presentation to a potential Licensee, at Client's sole expense. ********** Studios, at its option,
will offer to create a Show Concept Package, under a separate contract for a separate fee, for the targeted
company. Client is aware that he or she is free to obtain such materials elsewhere or not to obtain them at all.
However, a professional quality Show Concept Package obtained elsewhere or made by Client is subject to
******** Studios' approval, which will not be unreasonably withheld, prior to submission to a potential
Licensee by ********* Studios. If ******** Studios does not approve the Show Concept Package made by
Client or obtained elsewhere by Client, and Client is unwilling to make such changes to the Show Concept
Package as required by ********** Studios, or if Client does not make or obtain a professional quality Show
Concept Package acceptable to ********* Studios, this Agreement will be terminated without refund of any
amount paid by Client.

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-13 21:48:54

in case it doesnt work out here, you can try conceptart.org too if you havnt already.

8V

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for a storyboard Artist 2013-01-14 18:28:50

At 1/13/13 09:48 PM, Template88 wrote: in case it doesnt work out here, you can try conceptart.org too if you havnt already.

8V

Thanks for the link. An artist is contracted.

Thanks for the time and patience.