00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

That certain type of cunt [rant]

2,789 Views | 36 Replies

Response to That certain type of cunt [rant] 2013-01-05 00:02:11

At 1/4/13 11:46 PM, Scary wrote:
At 1/4/13 11:39 PM, Tarah wrote:
At 1/4/13 11:06 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: lol, cunt doesn't mean that over here.
I'm not tying cunt to misogynist, I call females cunts all the time and it's just a word.

But you just sound very bitter. Alot of females are evil manipulating cunts, but there's still some good ones. There's a stereotype of bitter beta guys that hate all the females in the world because they've gotten wrapped up in the manipulative ones.
i know what you're talking about, though OP didn't specify gender at all, it was a unisex complaint

No, I may be bitter towards her but not women in general. But I shouldn't be really, I'm sure I was boring as fuck when I with her so perhaps it's mutual bitterness or maybe I'm just overthinking things heaps and she's just chill about the whole affair. i dunno mang

Response to That certain type of cunt [rant] 2013-01-05 00:15:43

I regret reading this thread. Went from some decent points to more inane bullshit arguing over nothing. Good work, General.

Anyway I don't talk for the sake of talking. I can definitely see myself being said asshole if people were just trying to talk to me because they wanted to. I tend to go into a conversation pre-loaded with interesting points and purpose. Meandering conversations just irritate me. Asking me "how was your day" isn't going to to elicit much of a response, I just tend to change the subject onto something more fun.

However I make that perfectly clear from the onset, so I doubt that kind of suspicion that they're pointedly ignoring you, because "coolness" wouldn't really happen. It's never happened to me, either, because I've never pursued conversations with the disinterested.

It's just a waste of time.

Response to That certain type of cunt [rant] 2013-01-05 01:18:10

Why bother talking to people that in the first place?

I could just be saying that because I'm a social beta and everyone I associate with are nice positive people and people I've known for a long time that I can accept their personalities and talk to them but I dunno

Response to That certain type of cunt [rant] 2013-01-05 01:47:17

At 1/4/13 09:23 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: That's all I do. How was your day? Oh, that sounds cool, what's that like? I've always wanted to get into that can you tell me more?

Conversation isn't just asking people a series of questions to which they respond and that's it. It's not an interview. You can't really have a good, genuine conversation about something that only one of you is actually interested in beyond what that interest could do for a conversation. It's like how distant relatives will ask about how college is going. They don't have anything to legitimately connect about so they just fill chunks of time with talking. That's all that's really happening here. You have to be able to connect with the person about the topic in order to discuss views or share experiences. Just asking questions about something that's not actually an interest, hobby, or experience of yours is fine if you get one of those people who likes to talk about themselves for long stretches but not everyone likes to do that or even is able to.

This is especially true over chat clients where the two of you aren't even engaged in and reacting to the same environment.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to That certain type of cunt [rant] 2013-01-05 01:51:43

At 1/5/13 01:47 AM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote:
At 1/4/13 09:23 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: That's all I do. How was your day? Oh, that sounds cool, what's that like? I've always wanted to get into that can you tell me more?
This is especially true over chat clients where the two of you aren't even engaged in and reacting to the same environment.

I'm sorry. Let's not turn this into. I don't know how to have a conversation. I do, I talk to people on Steam and Skype all the time. This is literally one person.

Response to That certain type of cunt [rant] 2013-01-05 01:58:13

At 1/5/13 01:51 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: I'm sorry. Let's not turn this into. I don't know how to have a conversation. I do, I talk to people on Steam and Skype all the time. This is literally one person.

Oh, well you've been talking like you're running into these people all over the place. If it's just one person then why is it even a problem? Just stop talking to that one person.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to That certain type of cunt [rant] 2013-01-05 02:28:35

When someone acts that way towards me, I take it as a hint that they don't like me or are indifferent.

So I take steps to distance myself from said person.

Simple really.