00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiritobaka just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is this picture going too far?

3,877 Views | 32 Replies

Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-20 20:30:40

You see i drew this comic right

http://tunipeace.deviantart.com/#/d5offeg

and everyone seemed ok with it.... i even heard from some of my friends that they thought it was funny.

but then i went further and drew this
http://tunipeace.deviantart.com/#/d5ojii8

and it all went downhill from there.

i know that it is not the bright fluffy humor that everyone is used to in MLP, but it was jsut a crazy idea, and if you look in my gallery i dont do this often. Im an adult so im going to think sexually from time to time and express it.

but now it seems that i lost two people that i respect over this with out them telling me a word of why.

i thought that they were my friends, but if they cannot accept my varying personality i suppose that they were not my friends in the first place.

Im not only valued their artwork and their humor and personalities, but i also really wanted just to e their friend and connect with them on a human level with emotion and trust and basic friendship.

so my heart is broken, but what an i do... it is just a lost opportunity on their part on losing a faithful friendly person that is not afraid of her sexuality.

TUNI PEACE

Tapping the fingers for art and laughs.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-20 20:59:42

For future reference, keep all your art in one thread.

As for your "friends" fuck em if they can't take a joke lol.

I'll never understand why some fans of anything get so bent out of shape over a parody or any type of criticism. Shit's not even real but hey, it's the internet. Just keep it moving, quitting wont change anything.

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-20 21:43:38

Rape is a touchy subject, even more so joking about. especially to those who have or have known someone who has gone through it.
put 2 and 2 together.

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-20 22:59:09

If you have a dark side, sometimes it's just better to keep it to yourself. If people think they know you then you come out with something totally unexpected, it has shock value and might scare them away. It affects them too ya'know, not ONLY you.

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-20 23:42:44

At 12/20/12 09:43 PM, M-Vero wrote: Rape is a touchy subject, even more so joking about. especially to those who have or have known someone who has gone through it.
put 2 and 2 together.

I missed that part, I thought he just got paddled. Still, the same could be said about any subject of violence. Not justifying it or defending it but still.

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 00:48:33

At 12/20/12 11:42 PM, MisterAce wrote:
At 12/20/12 09:43 PM, M-Vero wrote: Rape is a touchy subject, even more so joking about. especially to those who have or have known someone who has gone through it.
put 2 and 2 together.
I missed that part, I thought he just got paddled. Still, the same could be said about any subject of violence. Not justifying it or defending it but still.

I would never joke about rape. i have had people in my family raped. but i can see how this can be interpreted as rape. but it wasent
discord just paddled him and some of the fan girls jsut dressed him up and "played" with him. like the candle and stuff and dressed him up.

TUNI PEACE

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 00:59:08

just make more fucked up jokes, establish yourself to your friends as that guy that says outrageous shit, works for me, now no one ever objects to what I say, just last week I was yelling about how I was going to commit a jihad and claim the infidels lives in the name of Allah, then get one of those "free Palestine" things because hey; they're free.

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 01:04:29

At 12/21/12 12:48 AM, warror wrote:
At 12/20/12 11:42 PM, MisterAce wrote:
put 2 and 2 together.
I would never joke about rape. i have had people in my family raped. but i can see how this can be interpreted as rape. but it wasent
discord just paddled him and some of the fan girls jsut dressed him up and "played" with him. like the candle and stuff and dressed him up.

in this picture Sombra HAS NOT been raped...

i would never ever joke about rape i have had people in my family raped...

thats number one...

number two...

In the picture the fan girls just dressed him up. kissed him all over,one took a piece of his horn, some poured hot wax down his back (the worse part), and the stuff on his legs is fan drool.

ok

Now Discord in my mind is not really into the stallions or guys. he just likes choas. so discord paddled the living- ...he paddled him hard. I even SAID SO IN THE PIC.

i can see now what was wrong with the picture... it looks like he might of gotten assaulted... he did... not not sexually. for gods sake its a kids show. believe in me first and ask me.. dont be afraid to ask me stuff.

have some faith in me...

i repeat sombra WAS NOT RAPED... just his fans played extreme dress up with him. basically like a big ken doll.

but people interpret things as they see them without asking the actual creator. even if they get an answer from the artist they still will interpret it in there own way.

So i told you what it was and i hope that you can believe me and thats all i can do.

TUNI PEACE

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 01:19:35

At 12/20/12 08:30 PM, warror wrote: Im an adult so im going to think sexually from time to time and express it.
...a faithful friendly person that is not afraid of her sexuality.
At 12/21/12 01:04 AM, warror wrote: not not sexually. for gods sake its a kids show.

Hm.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 08:46:51

can i just say that i basically hate everything you do warror

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 09:00:52

At 12/21/12 08:46 AM, Template88 wrote: can i just say that i basically hate everything you do warror

ok thank you

TUNI PEACE

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 09:11:48

No problem. I am glad you take my opinion about you well, you get points for that. I dont think the picture was going too far in the slightest, i just think its drawn poorly and it its about an annoying subject matter. I think its sad though that something so simple can cause drama for you and your friends.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 09:45:04

Wait did I seriously just see a 10 post discussion about a miserably drawn dull pony comic that implies (doesn't even show) some sort of sexual abuse, on NEWGROUNDS?

Seriously?

First response to this thread should have been "No its not going to far" and it should have died there. I mean for fucks sake this is Newgrounds, for years we had a whole section that was dedicated to tasteless crass "bastard" flash movies. One of our most cherished artists got popular making dead baby flash movies. We applaud the talents and humor of people like Stamper and Jeremy Lokken and Marc M. Our forums and portals are generously peppered with threads, movies, and art pieces that crack jokes at horrible tragedies and we vigorously defend them if people start crying "too soon".

For fucks sake people, grow a pair. This picture is practically G rated compared to 30% of the daily content submitted to this site.

And if you dont find this at least somewhat funny, then you need to take your holier than thou stick out your ass, or you are new to the internet.

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 09:52:09

it's not a shitty thread till the most pretentious guy on newgrounds denounces it

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 09:57:03

At 12/21/12 09:11 AM, Template88 wrote: No problem. I am glad you take my opinion about you well, you get points for that. I dont think the picture was going too far in the slightest, i just think its drawn poorly and it its about an annoying subject matter. I think its sad though that something so simple can cause drama for you and your friends.

:) i love open honesty. Its america dammit :)

TUNI PEACE

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 10:47:21

At 12/21/12 09:52 AM, Idioteque123 wrote: it's not a shitty thread till the most pretentious guy on newgrounds denounces it

For once in my life, I'd like to see somebody use the word "pretentious" properly.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 10:58:13

At 12/21/12 10:47 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: For once in my life, I'd like to see somebody use the word "pretentious" properly.

Yeah, but saying "the guy with a constant, scathing sense of superiority presented in a presumptuous, arrogant and seemingly impatient manner" is much easier abbreviated by just saying pretentious.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 11:03:10

I second Orn's opinion that it isn't going far enough.
The art, honestly, is shit. It's a five minute sketch with no sense of lighting, horrible color choices, and no depth.
Anything worth doing is worth doing well, or at least well enough that someone looking at it will understand what's going on.

Also, rape is evil, but non-consensual sexual torture is just fine? Forgive us if we're confused.

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 11:11:40

At 12/21/12 11:03 AM, lovingthedark wrote: I second Orn's opinion that it isn't going far enough.

Also, rape is evil, but non-consensual sexual torture is just fine? Forgive us if we're confused.

That's what I was saying. Double standards here (or DA) of all places? I mean of course rape and any other violence is bad in real life (at least to most people) but that's not the context in question. It's a parody.

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 11:18:19

At 12/21/12 10:58 AM, Idioteque123 wrote: Yeah, but saying "the guy with a constant, scathing sense of superiority presented in a presumptuous, arrogant and seemingly impatient manner" is much easier abbreviated by just saying pretentious.

It's not an abbreviation if the word you're using has a different meaning to what you actually mean to say.

[i know i'm derailing yet i can't help myself]

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 11:30:44

I disagree with your opinion

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 11:39:25

At 12/21/12 11:30 AM, Idioteque123 wrote: I disagree with your opinion

And I banana your onion.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 13:13:47

At 12/21/12 11:39 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 12/21/12 11:30 AM, Idioteque123 wrote: I disagree with your opinion
And I banana your onion.

turkey, turkey....

I am really curious as to what these pictures supposed to be. Cant view it without DA account. is it worth creating an account for? from what i understand its not, but jees its so annoying not exactly knowing what people are talking about.

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 15:26:37

At 12/21/12 01:13 PM, Tomsan wrote:
I am really curious as to what these pictures supposed to be. Cant view it without DA account. is it worth creating an account for? from what i understand its not, but jees its so annoying not exactly knowing what people are talking about.

i posted the second pic in my account and ill try to post the comic

if it does not come up then i'll direct you to my tumblr where this mess started. it was no one on deviant it was a tumblr friend i had that just up and stopped talking to me... the thing that pisses me off is that they just.... stopped.... not giving me any way to explain to them...just cut off... i hate that.... at least tell someone why you dont want to talk to them... but im about 70 percent over it now... but still disappointed in the damned process.

i never thought that i would get so much controversy over a pic.

and no it was not meant to be the best pi in the world, because it was supposed to e a parody in a wild style. and besides, Deviantart.com is a great place to make friends..... sometimes.... SO SIGN UP and you guys can curse me out there also :)

TUNI PEACE

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 16:00:32

At 12/21/12 03:26 PM, warror wrote: and no it was not meant to be the best pi in the world, because it was supposed to e a parody in a wild style. and besides, Deviantart.com is a great place to make friends..... sometimes.... SO SIGN UP and you guys can curse me out there also :)

The bulk of us have/had deviantart accounts, and have forsaken the place for a variety of reasons, one of them being the copious amounts of artwork similar to the stuff in this thread.

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 17:18:28

Everything is offensive to someone but being offended never harmed anyone. Let people get upset about your picture. It's their pathetic waste of a life to do with what they wish.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 19:28:04

At 12/21/12 05:18 PM, Sockembop wrote: Everything is offensive to someone but being offended never harmed anyone. Let people get upset about your picture. It's their pathetic waste of a life to do with what they wish.

wow... that actually helps... thanks :)

TUNI PEACE

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 19:44:59

At 12/21/12 11:18 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: It's not an abbreviation if the word you're using has a different meaning to what you actually mean to say.

Stop being so pretentious, TOAS.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-21 23:15:27

everyone jsut loves this thread :) i'l serve coffee next time :)

TUNI PEACE

BBS Signature

Response to Is this picture going too far? 2012-12-23 17:14:54

At 12/21/12 07:44 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 12/21/12 11:18 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: It's not an abbreviation if the word you're using has a different meaning to what you actually mean to say.
Stop being so pretentious, TOAS.

ok the "pretentious" thing is as old as the Gak joke.

TUNI PEACE

BBS Signature