00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Far Cry 3 Thread

3,218 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Far Cry 3 Thread 2012-12-17 00:04:25

Bought this game last time so I could try it out and right before I start playing I accidently knocked my 360 of its table and broke my hdmi cord. Ultimate fail :'(

Response to Far Cry 3 Thread 2012-12-19 08:30:40

This might sound silly, but the only thing that is stopping me from getting this game is the fact that you can be attacked by sharks. I am extremely afraid of shark and other sea based predators.

So I trying to convince myself that is okay and I shouldn't be afraid of some stupid video game sharks. Because I am more than convinced that I would fucking love this game.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Far Cry 3 Thread 2012-12-19 11:06:57

At 12/19/12 08:30 AM, Mismo wrote: This might sound silly, but the only thing that is stopping me from getting this game is the fact that you can be attacked by sharks. I am extremely afraid of shark and other sea based predators.

So I trying to convince myself that is okay and I shouldn't be afraid of some stupid video game sharks. Because I am more than convinced that I would fucking love this game.

I know that feeling bro. I have a fear of spiders (having the world's largest spider crawling on your chest when you're only 4 years old changes ya dude) and when Skyrim introduced that giant, fucking frostbite spider, I got that sinking feeling of taking a piss and my stomach churns. I run to the nearest tunnel entrance and just spam arrows/spells until it goes away. I was a fucking pussy and I looked so pathetic when I was showing Skyrim to my friends, but they understood the fear.

Don't know why, but playing around with water enemies is kind of fun. I remember when I was playing Crysis 1, there was a classy boat that I punched out into the middle of the sea. The next thing I knew a shark capsized my boat and I was there, swimming in the middle of the sea.

But anywho, I'm definitely gonna be getting this game once it goes on sale on steam. Apparently, my gift card to gamestop was going to expire according to a call from them. I decided to buy $70 worth of steam money so I'll just wait.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Far Cry 3 Thread 2012-12-19 11:36:08

At 12/19/12 08:30 AM, Mismo wrote: This might sound silly, but the only thing that is stopping me from getting this game is the fact that you can be attacked by sharks. I am extremely afraid of shark and other sea based predators.

I am actually very afraid of sharks as well, mostly anything under the water, just like you.
It isn't extremely difficult to deal with it in the video game, but your fear may be stronger than mine...

The game is extremely good from what I have played so far, and I think that if you can deal with the shark attacks, you'd be able to really love this game. If you must, avoid the water at all costs. I've never had to swim in it from missions, but had to jet ski through it for races, etc. Nothing too bad.
I've only swam through it for relics and treasure, I'm not sure if there are any missions that require you to actually swim though.

I'd say get the game. You can do this!

Response to Far Cry 3 Thread 2012-12-19 14:02:10

At 12/19/12 08:30 AM, Mismo wrote: Sharks are scary! (More or less)

Indeed they are. You should know though that it is possible to see sharks before they're close to you, by either scanning the water for that tell-tale fin and marking them with your camera, or taking a syringe that highlights all wildlife in the vicinity, including aquatic life such as sharks. And as Luke somewhat pointed out, you're never forced to go swimming with the bastards (unless you're hunting, be it for sharks, relics, or an achievement), so don't let them stop you from getting the game!

In unrelated news, I'm currently trying to make a medium sized desert themed multiplayer map that centers around a ship wreck while being surrounded by impassable rocks and cliffs. Right now I'm just trying to think what would go well in terms of stuff to put down around the ship wreck, to act as bases, spawn points, cover, etc. Any of you guys have ideas for me? I'm thinking that one team could spawn in some ruins that are half buried in the sand, while another are in a makeshift camp of tents and broken vehicles. I would add some WW2 stuff for the hell of it, but the moss and vines on the buildings clash with the desert theme, so that's out.

Response to Far Cry 3 Thread 2013-04-11 14:27:38

So this Blood Dragon DLC or whatever is an actual thing.
I... don't really know what to think about it. But I do know one thing:
MARK IV STYLE, MOTHERFUCKER!

Response to Far Cry 3 Thread 2013-04-13 14:38:01

At 4/11/13 02:27 PM, Klobb17 wrote: So this Blood Dragon DLC or whatever is an actual thing.

I thought it looked pretty cool. I think it was the robo-dinosaurs which really sold it for me.

BBS Signature