00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Obsessive Minecraft Fans

3,362 Views | 39 Replies

Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 16:14:59

Recently, whenever I go on a Roosterteeth video that is not related to Minecraft, the comments section is literally flooded with comments from sad, obsessive, basement dwelling wankers typing (slamming the keyboard) out 'MINECRAFT', 'WE WANT MINECRAFT!!!111', 'Minecraft or I'm unsubbing', 'MINCARFT', 'WHERE'S MINECRAFT LET'S PLAY?!>!?' etc, etc. Now, you may all think that this is just fans wanting another Minecraft video, as RT may not have released a video in a while or something...but no, these comments come shortly after the previous Let's Play, or, on some occasions, immediately after the latest Minecraft video has been released.

I looked into this and found that on The Syndicate Project's channel (I hate him, but I digress), there are fucking tons of the bastards asking for a Minecraft video;

Steve Smith posted a comment 1 hour ago Report Spam
when are you gonna do minecraft?

OldakerBoys posted a comment 1 hour ago Report Spam
MINECRAFT!!!!!!!!!!

marcus31021 posted a comment 2 hours ago Report Spam
I WANT MINECRAFT!

I am not making this up. I am being deadly fucking Sirius Black when I say that these nerds need to go outside and get lives. What the fuck is our generation coming to!? I doubt half of them get up to go to the toilet! They probably just take shits in their swivel chairs whilst eating cheesits from a salad bowl and guffawering at good ol' Syndi chopping a tree down on Minecraft. A lot of other channels that do Minecraft videos also get these messages, so it isn't an isolated thing.

So, Newgrounds, my question is: Do you think Minecraft fans are becoming too obsessive?

And as a bonus questions: Where do you think our generation is heading?

My answer: Shiteing in swivel chairs until we die of bum-rash.

Voice Actor

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 16:20:09

LE SLENDERCRAFT FACE!!!

its not even that good

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 17:12:29

I'm a Minecraft fan, but I'm not obsessed over it.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 17:16:19

At 12/8/12 04:19 PM, TurkeyBased wrote: you guys see the new minecraft parody?

Yup, all 700 of them.

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 17:21:26

Never played it.

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 17:22:16

At 12/8/12 05:21 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Never played it.

then why are you posting in this thread you fucking idiot

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 18:31:06

At 12/8/12 04:14 PM, stickycity wrote:

:the comments section is literally flooded with comments from sad, obsessive, basement dwelling wankers typing (slamming the keyboard)

A lot of them are also from children 7-12 obessesed with Minecraft. I like Minecraft, it's fun alone, I'm starting to have doubts with servers, and I'm not a huge fan as those people typing those comments or some of my younger friends.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 18:35:23

At 12/8/12 05:22 PM, Exile wrote:

Because I'm a goddamn American citizen!

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 18:47:02

At 12/8/12 06:41 PM, Sekhem wrote: a 6 yr old drew a creeper in my class the other day

What's a 6 yr old doing in your class?

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 18:51:43

At 12/8/12 06:41 PM, Sekhem wrote: i guess it's virtual legos for the new generation or whatever

They released a lego Minecraft set not too long ago, which is about as redundant as it gets.

As for the obsessive people... there's nothing you can do about that. They're in love with the game, they're not going to see anything wrong about what they're doing even if you stick them outside and explain it to them with diagrams. Just ignoring it is the best course of action.

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 20:42:33

At 12/8/12 06:47 PM, scoutthesoldier wrote:
At 12/8/12 06:41 PM, Sekhem wrote: a 6 yr old drew a creeper in my class the other day
What's a 6 yr old doing in your class?

Aw, you should've said, "what are you doing in a childrens' class?"

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 20:57:02

At 12/8/12 06:35 PM, Darthdenim wrote:
At 12/8/12 05:22 PM, Exile wrote:
Because I'm a goddamn American citizen!

I guess it's an american right to be as fucking stupid as you can, but you should avoid it

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-08 21:07:10

I thought everyone here had huge minecraft boners? What happened?

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-09 01:24:39

I guess it's an american right to be as fucking stupid as you can, but you should avoid it

I hate comments like these sure a large portion of americans are ignorant fools but dont act like your country is any better
stupidity runs rampant all over the globe.
As for all these minecraft addicted "junkies" i played minecraft for a little while until i realized i was wasting every second i spent on it.That game is going to be the death of so many young children who will never learn any type of social skills or gain any real world experience.
when we are all 80 we are gonna see clueless workers lazily doing their jobs dying to get back behind a computer.
mark my words then come back here and tell me i was right(cuz we all know newgrounds will still be here xD)

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-09 02:40:25

I created this all by hand two years ago and a bit of last year as well and I'm ashamed

fuck Minecraft

Obsessive Minecraft Fans

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-09 04:19:10

Meh, people get obsessive about everything. If World of Warcraft didn't have such a reputation for being a nerd/loser game, people would be raving about that. Of course, with Minecraft references it always boils down to the easily recognizable graphics at one point or another. Maybe that's contributing to the problem, because anything remotely cube-like turns into a dumb reference.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-09 04:51:15

Minecraft sucks!

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-09 04:59:17

I have yet to play Minecraft, I know nothing about it other than the fact that you can build things with cubes....
I'm looking for a new highly rated game to play since I completed both Bioshock games.
I'll probably get Borderlands or Heavy Rain tho because it appears that there are alot of errors with Skyrim on the PS3.
(I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but still)

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-09 14:18:06

Minecraft is one of the best things since sliced bread. And RT has amazing let's plays for it. Having said that, I do like other content and would not be a cunt just for Minecraft let's plays.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-09 15:09:12

Pretty much every fandom in the universe has a small portion of people who are unhealthily obsessed. Notice how I said small portion, the only reason they seem to represent a larger percent of the fandom is because they're louder than everyone else.

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-09 15:27:43

Here's the latest batch of these pouting cunts:

pudgemichael99 posted a comment
20 hours ago
Report Spam

y u no minecraft

mvwjr21 posted a comment
18 hours ago
Report Spam

Please do more minecraft syn please (I like how he puts another 'please' at the end, like he'll die without it)

Mylee Huber posted a comment
18 hours ago
Report Spam

Minecraft project?

BenLangGaming posted a comment
16 hours ago
Report Spam

MINECRAFT ON MY CHANNEL (Sounds like he's hauling people to safety or something)

SyndicateRapeTrain12 posted a comment
14 hours ago
Report Spam

Minecraft Project

toby powlson posted a comment
13 hours ago
Report Spam

I NEED MINECRAFT

These are all from the Syndicate Project's YouTube feed. Usually only an hour between each comment, so I didn't have to scroll long. These cunts are litterally pathetic, they're like junkies going cold turkey, writhing around in their bedroom in a cold sweat, just dying for Minecraft.

Voice Actor

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-09 15:31:08

At 12/9/12 03:29 PM, Amaranthus wrote: HUR HUR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENCREEEEEEEEEEEEFT

I'm assuming that's what the fat cunts squeel as they tug themselves off in an orange haze of pizza and cheesits when the new Minecraft video/parody comes out?

Voice Actor

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-10 08:42:58

At 12/9/12 08:59 PM, Cherry wrote: I used to love this style of rants but now I just find it stupid and unfunny

fuck you OP

Fuck you too cuntball.

Voice Actor

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-10 09:21:17

Ignore them. That's what I do and until now I was having a swell time.

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-10 11:01:38

At 12/10/12 08:44 AM, Cherry wrote:
At 12/10/12 08:42 AM, stickycity wrote:
At 12/9/12 08:59 PM, Cherry wrote: I used to love this style of rants but now I just find it stupid and unfunny

fuck you OP
Fuck you too cuntball.
Was than an exclamatory insult or a request

Exclamatory insult. Cunt.

Voice Actor

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-10 16:44:20

At 12/9/12 04:51 AM, tsukikomi wrote: Minecraft sucks!

You are only saying that because you are a boring person that has no imagination.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-10 16:50:32

What do you think you will accomplish by this rant? I for one don't play minecraft and is not even interested in starting playing it, but what are you seriously trying to gain here? Yes that kind of people are annoying and not just obsessive mindcraft fans. Fans like this will always flood comment sections regardless of content and yes it is fucking annoying, but do you know what else is annoying? Pointless bitching. Don't get me wrong though, you have all right to be annoyed by this behaviour, but please do have in mind that nobody cares if you are annoyed and that things will probably not change for the better if post rants like this one.

Maybe you just want to get that anger out off your system, that is totally understandable. But don't post it here, because I and probably many others don't care. So next time if you want to write it down or something do that but don't share needless hate. Because it will do no good.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-10 17:34:11

My guess is that most of these people are not mouth-breathing basement dwellers, but children. I worked with kids for the past four summers, and I've found that the only thing they love more than Minecraft is YouTube videos about Minecraft.

This is probably because Minecraft is like a modern digital version of Legos, but the creativity and imagination that actually playing with Legos would require are dying slow, painful deaths in the face of pervasive pop culture consumption. Yaaay!

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-10 17:39:25

These discussions are really boring. Replace the Minecraft fandom with any other fandom and you essentially have the same arguments.

This is the same shit that's already been said a thousand times, but just live and let live. Stop giving a fuck about trivial shit.

Just a chick with a dick.

Response to Obsessive Minecraft Fans 2012-12-10 18:12:53

Minecraft Sucks.
Nuff Said.

The Ledge

BBS Signature