00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why do you write music?

2,275 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why do you write music? 2012-11-19 21:32:35

I've been thinking about this for awhile. I'm sure we've all got different, completely valid reasons for doing what we do here. But why do you?

I think, for me at least, I can express things musically that I cannot begin to find words for. I find myself limited by words in most cases. Also, on a more superficial level, I love making music, and getting better at it. It's really fun. There is great satisfaction in sitting down to a finished creation, knowing how hard you've worked on it.

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-19 21:50:58

I think there was already a thread for this..but I'm too lazy to look.

I write music simply because I love doing it. Music is usually the only place I can turn to when I'm down or need a place to vent. Music is pretty much the only thing that makes me happy in life, besides my girlfriend, friends and family. It's a place for me to tell a story, which I love doing, in a form that I love most, music. I also enjoy my random outbursts of "This is going to sound sick!" and other phrases that are similar lol

There are more reasons, but I'm too tired and lazy to think of them.

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-19 21:51:44

There is actually already a post with some pretty interesting responses to that question, the topic is pretty much the same.
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1321803

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...

Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-19 23:44:45

cuz i can't get laid

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-20 00:23:32

At 11/19/12 11:44 PM, Sequenced wrote: cuz i can't get laid

Getting laid only gets in the way of making music, my girlfriend doesn't care much for instrumental EDM.

I write music because I don't know what else to do with my vast amount of free time and I enjoy it a lot. Especially jamming with people, though most of my uploaded works are done alone with a mouse.

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-20 02:08:01

For some people music is just a daily part of life, and for others it's a sort of healing process. However, for some it's something that doesn't just help describe them, it's something that defines them.

Music for me isn't just a sort of escape from the inevitable reality we all face, it's a bridge from my emotions and thoughts leading from my heart and my head, to whomever the listener is. It's the best way for a quiet person to share the inner workings of their mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-20 03:43:32

I write song and compose for my loved ones,lol
and to serenade

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-20 10:04:10

Cuz my videos need it!

Heh, that was easy.

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-20 10:37:53

Well I love playing guitar. I personally love recording and I get a kick out of mixing tracks to sound the best I possibly can. I'm getting better at it all the time and its a fun learning experience.

Its a hobby I have not got bored with yet.

Hey check out my music! Its guitarlicious or something.... Pirate Metal! | Rock with guest Female Vocalist

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-20 20:27:11

At 11/19/12 09:32 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: I've been thinking about this for awhile. I'm sure we've all got different, completely valid reasons for doing what we do here. But why do you?

I think, for me at least, I can express things musically that I cannot begin to find words for. I find myself limited by words in most cases. Also, on a more superficial level, I love making music, and getting better at it. It's really fun. There is great satisfaction in sitting down to a finished creation, knowing how hard you've worked on it.

I write music cuz I can't write doughnuts.

No seriously there's something about putting together lyrics that speak to a human experience and making someone, and myself, see a new perspective simply by rearranging some words.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-21 03:01:23

Well I started producing music because I thought it was cool and that u will play on a lot of party's. but that was when i was 14. and now after almost a year of more serious producing i still dream to be the Dj on party's ;)

but still the thing that keep me going is that i love the music i make. I mostley listen to my own music instead of the radio. And if u get good reactions on your songs, well that's awsome. it has the same awsomeness as that u know that you are becoming better in making music and believe me that feeling is awsome :D

and ofcourse nowadays i like making music because i already know that i'm gonna listen to it a lot of time after i finished it

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-21 03:08:19

Ooh, the monthly talk-about-yourself-when-nobody-cares-thread. Might as well participate.

I write and produce music because it is a challenge with great reward of self-satisfaction and in hope that one day I will become a professional in the world of audio.

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-21 06:54:31

At first it's a hobby. Something to do when I'm in absolute boredom mode, but it's more than that. I tend to make more music when I have assignments due for college. If I'm going to be "wasting" my time by procrastinating, I can't think of a better way.

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-21 12:12:29

At 11/21/12 06:54 AM, Kid2Will wrote: At first it's a hobby. Something to do when I'm in absolute boredom mode, but it's more than that. I tend to make more music when I have assignments due for college. If I'm going to be "wasting" my time by procrastinating, I can't think of a better way.

^ this
And also because it's just fun. Sometimes, it's just goofing around to see what can be done, like in GTA or Gmod.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-21 13:53:20

it keeps me off the streets.

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-21 18:07:39

At first, I write music because I was bored. I was your average boring kid who has nothing to do with his life. But the more I kept producing music, the more passionate I was into writing music.

Hi! - I make music as a hobby. I also like anime and video games :3

BBS Signature

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-23 02:41:24

Simply because it's fun!

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-28 16:29:02

Creating music became a drug for me. There is no single day without music studio launched on my pc. I can wake up in the middle of night and start writing notes , to prevent from forgetting them on the next day. Plus, it's great fun ;)

Response to Why do you write music? 2012-11-28 18:03:03

At 11/19/12 09:32 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: I've been thinking about this for awhile. I'm sure we've all got different, completely valid reasons for doing what we do here. But why do you?

I write music because I'm addicted to it. You don't want to see me when I don't have access to FL Studio. haha