00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wii U official hub thread.

45,113 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-05 15:46:55

At 12/4/13 05:26 PM, darkjam wrote: Actually I was wrong. It was it's 25th anniversary last year. How sad, not one mention of it as well.

the forgotten anniversary. complete silence of that on Nintendo's end.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-05 21:45:26

Cranky Kong appears to be the fourth character in Tropical Freeze.

The Wii U official hub thread.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-06 10:42:51

At 12/5/13 09:45 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Cranky Kong appears to be the fourth character in Tropical Freeze.

I want this game so much, but I wish we could see the Kremlins again, but I guess it would just be another rehash, fucking retards, I like my games with a little nostalgia

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-07 15:41:12

At 12/5/13 03:46 PM, FRAYDO wrote: the forgotten anniversary. complete silence of that on Nintendo's end.

Yup, kinda disappointing, Nintendo's fourth mascot, the one who pretty much invented women kicking ass (even if Lara Croft popularized it) just thrown aside like trash thanks to other M. I swear to God Retro better be at least discussing Metroid with Nintendo, or the very least, Star Fox, nobody else.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-08 09:42:59

At 12/5/13 09:45 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Cranky Kong appears to be the fourth character in Tropical Freeze.

Wait, why is everybody so angry bout Cranky Kong? Seriously, I don't mind.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-08 11:42:22

At 12/8/13 09:42 AM, darkjam wrote:
Wait, why is everybody so angry bout Cranky Kong? Seriously, I don't mind.

Well, websites like WiiUDaily is a good example to check the comments for this subject, most of these idiots claimed that Nintendo promised something and blah blah... Yet apparently Nintendo clearly stated that they would show something from a game everyone already knew was coming, aka DKC: TF.

Nintendo fanboys raging about DKC and Cranky Kong... WHAT THE FLYING FUCK?

It's a good thing that I check this stuff rarely or just don't pay too much attention, keeps from getting overexcited, less hype for games, less disappointing.

It's going to be solid game, DKCR wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was a great "tribute/reboot" to DKC series, so TF will most likely be just as awesome.

I just hope that they loose that freaking Jetpack from Diddy, I just don't like it for some reason.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-08 11:43:52

At 12/8/13 11:42 AM, Gremlin wrote: Well, websites like WiiUDaily is a good example to check the comments for this subject, most of these idiots claimed that Nintendo promised something and blah blah... Yet apparently Nintendo clearly stated that they would show something from a game everyone already knew was coming, aka DKC: TF.

So basically they are butthurt because the "announcement" wasn't a new game, but a new character? Some fucking fans....

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-08 13:05:07

At 12/8/13 11:43 AM, darkjam wrote:
At 12/8/13 11:42 AM, Gremlin wrote: Well, websites like WiiUDaily is a good example to check the comments for this subject, most of these idiots claimed that Nintendo promised something and blah blah... Yet apparently Nintendo clearly stated that they would show something from a game everyone already knew was coming, aka DKC: TF.
So basically they are butthurt because the "announcement" wasn't a new game, but a new character? Some fucking fans....

Yeah pretty much something like that, it was simply over hyped all over sites like this and of course it becomes a rumor eventually among blind fanboys, they should be pissed because they clearly caused this by themself, not because of Nintendo's decision to show DK.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-18 22:18:36

Nintendo announces NES remix. And releases it the same day. Basically this game is comprised of Warioware style challenges based off of classic NES games. Play as Link in Donkey Kong, Excite Bike with limited visibilty, Mario with reversed controls, etc...

15$. Is it worth it for you guys? I'll get it if I get some eshop points for Christmas, but otherwise, not really worth it.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-18 22:39:54

for $15 it seems a bit much. i do find it neat how they have mixed it up, and it is a nice package of the old-school. i will most likely be purchasing it.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-19 02:27:03

At 12/18/13 10:18 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
15$. Is it worth it for you guys? I'll get it if I get some eshop points for Christmas, but otherwise, not really worth it.

I'd get it if it was $10 or less, but $15 is a bit much for me right now

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-19 17:52:04

At 12/18/13 10:18 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: 15$. Is it worth it for you guys? I'll get it if I get some eshop points for Christmas, but otherwise, not really worth it.

Looks like a game you'd play with family/friends and seeing as I don't have friends of family into that stuff I probably wont get it, bit expensive as well if I'm honest.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-19 19:16:06

At 12/19/13 05:52 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 12/18/13 10:18 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: 15$. Is it worth it for you guys? I'll get it if I get some eshop points for Christmas, but otherwise, not really worth it.
Looks like a game you'd play with family/friends and seeing as I don't have friends of family into that stuff I probably wont get it, bit expensive as well if I'm honest.

It has no multiplayer from what I can tell so I can't really say it's one of those games. There is a surprisingly high amount of content in the game though.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-20 12:51:44

At 12/19/13 07:16 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: It has no multiplayer from what I can tell so I can't really say it's one of those games. There is a surprisingly high amount of content in the game though.

Seriously?! Seems like an ideal party game from what I've seen though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-22 07:41:09

I just finished the story on Deus Ex, I can't believe that so many people on Miiverse are hating on it, complaining about it being old game, well their loss, it's like the best shooter I've played in years, I just loved the hacking, stealth and upgrading weapons and Jensen.

The story was great as well, I think I'll replay the game soon, though I did hate that bitch who was running around with that stealth thingy, dashing at me and shit, fucking annoying boss battle.

Anyone else here have it, just wondering what does the New Game + mean, I'm guessing I get to play trough with all my upgrades?

That would be awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-26 20:31:34

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-12-27 00:11:56

At 12/26/13 08:31 PM, darkjam wrote: Nintendo seems to be hyping this game up. First Cranky Kong, now Funky Kong.
I'm still only going to play as Donkey Kong.

I don't like Funky's look, I saw this look for the first time in MKWii and was like... WTF!? I remember him with sunglasses, surfboard and and that awesome theme from DKC.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-01-31 12:19:31

Among other ridiculous announcements, DS games are coming to the Wii U virtual console, more Gamepad focused games, and an NFC game to be revealed around E3. Also, a quality of life of program that is non wearable. Basically, we won't know anything about that until they decide to tell us.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-01-31 14:39:34

At 1/31/14 12:19 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: DS games are coming to the Wii U virtual console,

lolwut? Why? I would understand GBA and GB games (still waiting for Gamecube), but DS.....why?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-01-31 14:56:43

At 1/31/14 02:39 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 1/31/14 12:19 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: DS games are coming to the Wii U virtual console,
lolwut? Why? I would understand GBA and GB games (still waiting for Gamecube), but DS.....why?

The Wii U is struggling. BADLY.

Just now, we have had cancellations of Pac-Man Museum and the DLC for Batman Arkham Origins, with preorders for the latter being refunded.

Third party support, already in the toilet, could go away completely soon...the Wii U has been bullied into failure by developers...

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-01-31 15:52:01

At 1/31/14 02:56 PM, Th-e wrote: The Wii U is struggling. BADLY.

Just now, we have had cancellations of Pac-Man Museum and the DLC for Batman Arkham Origins, with preorders for the latter being refunded.

Third party support, already in the toilet, could go away completely soon...the Wii U has been bullied into failure by developers...

I know that, but seriously, things are this bad? If it is, I fear for the next 7-9 years of this gen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-01-31 16:52:06

They're still not going to go bankrupt. They have billions of dollars and as long as they make great first party games, my Wii U was well worth the money.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-01-31 17:00:32

At 1/31/14 04:52 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
They're still not going to go bankrupt. They have billions of dollars and as long as they make great first party games, my Wii U was well worth the money.

They made a great first party game in Super Mario 3D World, and from what I heard, people still won't buy. More games are being cancelled, and sales numbers indicate that even Dreamcast sold better than Wii U, let alone Gamecubes.

As I look at things, though, I wonder if EA has had a hand in contributing to the console's struggles Ever since Nintendo refused the Origin service...

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-01-31 17:01:25

At 1/31/14 12:19 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Among other ridiculous announcements, DS games are coming to the Wii U virtual console

Why arent they coming to the 3DS virtual console where they rightly belong

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-02-01 10:02:29

At 1/31/14 07:35 PM, Braiton wrote: I never got a chance to own a DS and there are some games I'd love to play. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

it is not a bad thing, not at all. it does seem a bit of a stretch to bring them to the wiiu, though gamecube coming to the virtual console would fare better.

i dislike to think that it is, but it does point in that direction for the wiiu. at this point of time, i would agree with you and say it is. one thing that would help nintendo as a whole is changing up its online community. nintendo's system of friend codes and all that jazz turns away what should be a simple, streamlined experience.

while it is struggling now, perhaps the release of the new mario kart may entice people to purchase their own wiiu. i would say the same goes for the new smash bros. installment if it were not so far away.

far as i see it, it is nothing nintendo cannot handle.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-02-02 07:52:17

At 1/31/14 07:35 PM, Braiton wrote: I never got a chance to own a DS and there are some games I'd love to play. I don't see how this is a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing, it's just odd, portable games on a stationary, home console. I have nothing against it but the idea doesn't feel 'natural' to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-02-02 12:48:51

At 2/2/14 07:52 AM, darkjam wrote:
It's not a bad thing, it's just odd, portable games on a stationary, home console. I have nothing against it but the idea doesn't feel 'natural' to me.

This is just the equivalent of the Gameboy players on the SNES and the GameCube, except this uses the virtual console and not a peripheral.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-02-02 14:28:58

At 2/2/14 12:48 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: This is just the equivalent of the Gameboy players on the SNES and the GameCube, except this uses the virtual console and not a peripheral.

Yeah I guess, oh well I guess this means I can play Pokemon on my Wii U now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-02-02 14:56:06

At 2/2/14 07:52 AM, darkjam wrote: It's not a bad thing, it's just odd, portable games on a stationary, home console.

Well we already had the Super Gameboy and the equivalent for the Gamecube so the idea is not that far off, especially since the Wii U has a touchscreen to support DS games.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2014-02-02 15:01:47

At 2/2/14 12:48 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
This is just the equivalent of the Gameboy players on the SNES and the GameCube, except this uses the virtual console and not a peripheral.

Hey, why can't they release that for the Wii U? They should allow 3DS owners who have Game Boy and Game Gear games to play those games on the Wii U for free, or at most $1.50 for the "upgrade" to do so.

BTW, is there any way to get a deal regarding physical DS games and Wii U DS downloads?