00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GalaxyOfVal just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pruning

1,089 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Pruning 2012-11-08 00:15:23

After searching the forums, I'm still unclear on a couple of things:

If the person who scouted you gets pruned or de-scouted, then you do too. How far back does this go? If there are eighteen generations of artists who got scouted back to one guy who gets pruned, do they ALL go as a matter of chain reaction? Where is the cutoff?

If multiple people scout you, but the one whose recommendation gets you in the AP gets pruned, can't the other votes spare you, essentially?

If you're bumped off, then re-scouted do all the scores start back at zero? TBH, that first rule seems kind of silly, has ever been any discussion of altering/repealing it, or is everyone else satisfied with the status quo?

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Pruning 2012-11-08 00:42:07

At 11/8/12 12:15 AM, Adam-Beilgard wrote: After searching the forums, I'm still unclear on a couple of things:

If the person who scouted you gets pruned or de-scouted, then you do too. How far back does this go? If there are eighteen generations of artists who got scouted back to one guy who gets pruned, do they ALL go as a matter of chain reaction? Where is the cutoff?

Yes. There is no cut off... if someone 18 or 180 up the chain gets clipped, everyone under them goes too.

If multiple people scout you, but the one whose recommendation gets you in the AP gets pruned, can't the other votes spare you, essentially?

As far as I know, once you accept an invite, the others become null and void. You would need to get new invites.

If you're bumped off, then re-scouted do all the scores start back at zero? TBH, that first rule seems kind of silly, has ever been any discussion of altering/repealing it, or is everyone else satisfied with the status quo?

Not positive on this one, but I would imagine the past votes would still be there and count, but I could be wrong... and I'm sure someone will correct if I am! ;P

Response to Pruning 2012-11-08 00:54:06

At 11/8/12 12:42 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: Not positive on this one, but I would imagine the past votes would still be there and count, but I could be wrong... and I'm sure someone will correct if I am! ;P

If I remember correctly when it happened to me all my scores were the same.
But that was before the site update so yeah.

Response to Pruning 2012-11-08 00:56:24

Does that happen often where there is this huge chain reaction of people getting pruned?

Response to Pruning 2012-11-08 03:08:43

No, but it has happen.

Response to Pruning 2012-11-08 08:09:00

At 11/8/12 12:15 AM, Adam-Beilgard wrote: If multiple people scout you, but the one whose recommendation gets you in the AP gets pruned, can't the other votes spare you, essentially?

You can only accept one scouter at a time. You cant be scouted by multiple people, and recommendations dont have no effect other than helping you get noticed.

All your scores stay the same. your pieces just wont be able to be voted on until you are rescouted.

At 11/8/12 12:56 AM, Shayl wrote: Does that happen often where there is this huge chain reaction of people getting pruned?

Honestly we try to avoid clipping people who have massive branches whenever possible. We prefer to try to catch bad eggs early so that they cant generate a large branch causing lots of artists to drop when they get pruned. HOWEVER in the event that we do need to prune someone with lots of people under them we try our best to get those good artists who dropped rescouted asap.

My scouting guide should answer any other questions

Response to Pruning 2012-11-08 08:15:32

At 11/8/12 08:09 AM, ornery wrote:
At 11/8/12 12:56 AM, Shayl wrote: Does that happen often where there is this huge chain reaction of people getting pruned?
Honestly we try to avoid clipping people who have massive branches whenever possible. We prefer to try to catch bad eggs early so that they cant generate a large branch causing lots of artists to drop when they get pruned. HOWEVER in the event that we do need to prune someone with lots of people under them we try our best to get those good artists who dropped rescouted asap.

Just wanted to emphasise this. It doesn't happen often (not even a year, if that), and if it does we make sure people know about it so that the good artists can get picked up again. Here's an example of orn doing that.

BBS Signature