00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grunge Club

54,825 Views | 465 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grunge Club 2014-04-10 22:43:42

At 4/10/14 03:33 AM, iCarly wrote: Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Nirvana, Melvins, Mudhoney, Local H
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Honey Bucket, D-7, Over the Top, Bound for the Floor
Favorite Grunge Album(s) - Houdini, Nevermind, Piece of Cake
About Yourself - I make rock music

Well since xxxcreep isn't online at the moment I suppose I'll welcome you into the club.
So...yeah. Welcome. xxxcreep and I pretty much run this because Atlas figured he wouldn't be on here enough to be able to do it himself. Which I'm okay with.

Whats your opinion on Melvins related projects? Like Fecal Matter (which had Kurt Cobain, Buzzo, and Dale Crover in it), Fantômas (which has Buzzo, Mike Patton (from Faith No More and Mr. Bungle), Dave Lombardo from Slayer, and Trevor Dunn who is also from Mr. Bungle), and Shrinebuiler (Dale Crover, Al Cisneros from Sleep and OM, Wino from Saint Vitus, and Scott Kelly from Neurosis)

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-04-11 02:04:50

At 4/10/14 10:43 PM, Viper wrote:
At 4/10/14 03:33 AM, iCarly wrote: Favorite Grunge Band(s) - Nirvana, Melvins, Mudhoney, Local H
Favorite Grunge Song(s) - Honey Bucket, D-7, Over the Top, Bound for the Floor
Favorite Grunge Album(s) - Houdini, Nevermind, Piece of Cake
About Yourself - I make rock music
Well since xxxcreep isn't online at the moment I suppose I'll welcome you into the club.
So...yeah. Welcome. xxxcreep and I pretty much run this because Atlas figured he wouldn't be on here enough to be able to do it himself. Which I'm okay with.

Whats your opinion on Melvins related projects? Like Fecal Matter (which had Kurt Cobain, Buzzo, and Dale Crover in it), Fantômas (which has Buzzo, Mike Patton (from Faith No More and Mr. Bungle), Dave Lombardo from Slayer, and Trevor Dunn who is also from Mr. Bungle), and Shrinebuiler (Dale Crover, Al Cisneros from Sleep and OM, Wino from Saint Vitus, and Scott Kelly from Neurosis)

I love Fecal Matter's demo tape. I love Dale Crover too, went to a Melvins concert last summer and Dale threw me one of his drum sticks.

I haven't listened to any Mr. Bungle or Fantomas, or any Melvins related side projects. I am a fan of Jeff Pinkus though, he toured with the Melvins over the summer, he's the bassist for the Butthole Surfers. They're also pretty good.

Response to Grunge Club 2014-04-11 14:57:20

At 4/11/14 02:04 AM, iCarly wrote: I love Fecal Matter's demo tape. I love Dale Crover too, went to a Melvins concert last summer and Dale threw me one of his drum sticks.

I used to have some of it (like half or 3/4) on my computer. But it's on my old external hard drive which isn't wanting to work on my computer at the moment. So I can't access any of that. Melvins were close to here a year or so ago but I didn't have a way to get there so I missed seeing them....

I haven't listened to any Mr. Bungle or Fantomas, or any Melvins related side projects.

Not even Altamont? Though it and those other 2 are more metal than anything.

I am a fan of Jeff Pinkus though, he toured with the Melvins over the summer, he's the bassist for the Butthole Surfers. They're also pretty good.

I LOVE Butthole Surfers. Had all of their albums, some live stuff, comps. and EPs. But the same thing thats up with my not being able to access my old external hard drive is why I can't listen to anything by them. Well, anything except Electriclarryland and Independent Worm Saloon because I was smart enough to have those files backed up on an SD card in my phone. Though I DO have Electriclarryland on cassette and Locust Abortion Technician on vinyl.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-04-13 17:51:03

Well. Nirvana is in the RRHOF. Whats everyone's opinion on their performance there?
And their secret performance after the induction where they did a 19 song set at St. Vitus with Joan Jett, St. Vincent, Kim Gordon, J Mascis, and someone from the band Deer Tick.

The setlist was as follows:
With Joan Jett
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Breed
In Bloom
Territorial Pissings
All Apologies (Krist Novoselic on accordion, Kim Gordon on bass, St. Vincent on guitar)

With J Mascis
Drain You
Pennyroyal Tea
School

With St. Vincent
Lithium
About a Girl
Heart-Shaped Box

With John McAuley
Serve the Servants
Milk It
Very Ape
Scentless Apprentice
Tourette's

With Kim Gordon
Aneurysm
Negative Creep
Moist Vagina (Live premiere)

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-04-27 18:39:28

At 4/13/14 05:51 PM, Viper wrote: Well. Nirvana is in the RRHOF. Whats everyone's opinion on their performance there?
And their secret performance after the induction where they did a 19 song set at St. Vitus with Joan Jett, St. Vincent, Kim Gordon, J Mascis, and someone from the band Deer Tick.

I was surprised that they only chose female singers :o I like Lorde did quite well, I've never heard of St. Vincent tho.
It would have been cool if Dave Grohl stepped up to the mic to sing a some :D maybe Mexican Seafood.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-04-27 22:38:25

At 4/27/14 06:39 PM, xxxcreep wrote: I was surprised that they only chose female singers :o I like Lorde did quite well, I've never heard of St. Vincent tho.

Well they apparently they asked some male vocalists if they wanted to perform up there but they all said no. I wouldn't have minded having Dylan Carlson or Buzz up there doing a song or something. Since ya know....they were very good friends with Kurt.

It would have been cool if Dave Grohl stepped up to the mic to sing a some :D maybe Mexican Seafood.

That would have been pretty cool. It'd also be cool if they let Chad play during the "Secret Show" after the induction. He'd deserve it since the RRHOF are a bunch of douches and didn't let him get inducted....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-04-28 16:47:47

I present you with the reason why William Duvall is the lead singer of Alice in Chains :) That and Confusion played for the 1st time in 23 years! Which means the first time with William Duvall. He's an amazing singer, they couldn't have picked anyone better. feast your eyes on this piece of amazing.

Can't wait to see them live again.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-05-05 21:07:51

At 4/27/14 10:38 PM, Viper wrote:
At 4/27/14 06:39 PM, xxxcreep wrote:

the RRHOF are a bunch of douches

yes they are

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-05-11 03:47:52

At 11/6/12 10:13 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: dis album right here

Yesssss!! My Dad has the Box set of Alice in Chains and God its good

Response to Grunge Club 2014-05-13 21:35:33

At 5/11/14 03:47 AM, CentOhPede wrote:
At 11/6/12 10:13 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: dis album right here
Yesssss!! My Dad has the Box set of Alice in Chains and God its good

The Alice in Chains music box? I got my dad that for his birthday one year! It's amazing :) That remake of "Again" omg

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-05-13 21:37:14

NOT brand-new news, but they are making a Soundgarden documentary! I'm too lazy to post my info source, but it's ALWAYS grungereport.net anyways. I believe Chris Cornell was the one to tell us about it. I hope it's as well-made as PJ20 was, and includes heaps of behind the scenes material :) I can't wait.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-05-13 23:48:44

At 5/13/14 09:37 PM, xxxcreep wrote: NOT brand-new news, but they are making a Soundgarden documentary! I'm too lazy to post my info source, but it's ALWAYS grungereport.net anyways. I believe Chris Cornell was the one to tell us about it. I hope it's as well-made as PJ20 was, and includes heaps of behind the scenes material :) I can't wait.

Oh hey speaking of this I actually got PJ20 today. Was only like 60 cents at Goodwill. Also bought what I THOUGHT was going to be a Pearl Jam album (Riot Act) but instead it had a fucking Bob Marley cd in it.....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-05-14 16:14:58

At 5/13/14 11:48 PM, Viper wrote: Oh hey speaking of this I actually got PJ20 today. Was only like 60 cents at Goodwill. Also bought what I THOUGHT was going to be a Pearl Jam album (Riot Act) but instead it had a fucking Bob Marley cd in it.....

Aw man, that sucks :o Cropduster is on Riot Act, it's one of my all-time favorites :( I still don't own PJ20, But it's been saved on my DVR since it was first aired on tv, on PBS xD

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-05-14 18:25:21

The only grunge songs that I've ever heard were on GTA San Andreas and they were:

Rusty Cage by Soundgarden

Dem Bones by Alice in Chains

also:

Cult of Personality by not sure

Response to Grunge Club 2014-05-14 19:06:35

At 5/14/14 04:14 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Aw man, that sucks :o Cropduster is on Riot Act, it's one of my all-time favorites :( I still don't own PJ20, But it's been saved on my DVR since it was first aired on tv, on PBS xD

Ah I'll see if I can find another copy of it. I can try FYE the next time I'm there. Hell they have stuff by My Morning Jacket there. And I can't remember seeing them anywhere other than just one CD at a walmart one time.

At 5/14/14 06:25 PM, blackpatriot wrote: Cult of Personality by not sure

Living Colour. And they're Funk Metal. Just like Jane's Addiction, early RHCP, old Incubus, Faith No More, Primus, RATM, and Audioslave.

the last one is just for the album Revelations.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-05-25 17:10:04

I've been listening to the lyrics of Learn to fly by the Foo Fighters and I'm starting to wonder if the lyrics are making note of Kurt such as.....

Run and tell all of the angels this could take all night
think i need a devil to help me get things right
hook me up a new revolution cause this one is a lie
sat around an laughed as the last one died.

.......There it is and its been bothering me of late though I could just be over analyzing but here it is.

The first line: Not sure about this one but maybe prepare to make Kurt's death seem like scuicide

The second line: To summon your demons in order to kill or maybe the devil he needed was Courtney Love

The third line: Grunge lived within Nirvana but maybe someone didnt see it that way and wanted walk a different path

The fourth line: Wouldnt be very hard to sit by and watch someone on high levels of heroine die, was Kurt the ( last one ) that is mentioned in the song?

Thats it everyone let me know your thoughts

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-07-10 10:27:31

At 5/25/14 05:10 PM, Maltos wrote: I've been listening to the lyrics of Learn to fly by the Foo Fighters and I'm starting to wonder if the lyrics are making note of Kurt such as.....

Well I hope it's not about Kurt Cobain, because the lyrics " sat around an laughed as the last one died." isn't really appealing to me xD I think the Foo Fighters only wrote 1 song about Kurt Cobain(not sure which song it was). I watched the Foo Fighters documentary and Dave Grohl said that Nirvana fans ask if almost all of the Foo songs are about Kurt Cobain xD

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-07-13 02:39:06

umm absolutly nothing too interesting has been happening in the grunge scene.
except Mark Lanegan's 2 new singles, and the POSSIBLE Babes in Toyland reunion

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-11-07 22:06:24

I was recently asked a question and it went like this - If you had to choose the rolling stones or led zeplin who would you choose as the one you like better

i found it to be such a strange question
stairway to heaven
paint it black
all of my love
start me up
these are a very tiny bit but i think you can compare the same way i did
if you pick the one opposite of the one i chose
then you are an individual

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-11-07 23:31:25

At 11/7/14 10:06 PM, Maltos wrote: I was recently asked a question and it went like this - If you had to choose the rolling stones or led zeplin who would you choose as the one you like better

Zeppelin. They were copycats. But they were good insanely influential (Black Sabbath level influential) band whose music spanned numerous genres and (like Sabbath) everyone who likes Rock or Heavy Metal likes at least ONE Zeppelin song. Even if you don't want to admit it. "My song" is a toss up of Moby Dick, D'yer Mak'er, and Over The Hills And Far Away.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2014-11-20 20:20:26 (edited 2014-11-20 20:20:38)

RESURRECTION! Babes in Toyland are back together after 18 years and are playing in LA!!! IMMA MISS IT BECAUSE THEY JUST ANNOUNCED IT LIKE A DAY AGO!! TOO SOOOOOOON!!! IM NOT READY!!!

(I'm so ready)

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2015-02-01 14:08:57

The melvins 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaA3b_TG1pA

Have they fallen from grace? I'm not sure about this

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2015-02-01 22:00:12

At 2/1/15 02:08 PM, Maltos wrote: The melvins 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaA3b_TG1pA

Have they fallen from grace? I'm not sure about this

I think if you've been playing for that long, you should be... better.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2015-02-23 19:07:58

Does weezer count as grunge? I mean some of their stuff seems ver grungy

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2015-02-24 20:56:59

At 2/23/15 07:07 PM, Nikofoxyfox wrote: Does weezer count as grunge? I mean some of their stuff seems ver grungy

No. They're Alt. Rock/Pop Punk.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2015-02-24 20:58:01

At 2/24/15 08:56 PM, Viper wrote:
At 2/23/15 07:07 PM, Nikofoxyfox wrote: Does weezer count as grunge? I mean some of their stuff seems ver grungy

K thanks....my idiot friend said they were,

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2015-02-24 21:04:11

At 2/24/15 08:58 PM, Nikofoxyfox wrote:
At 2/24/15 08:56 PM, Viper wrote:
K thanks....my idiot friend said they were,

S'all good. Not that they're a bad band though. I like Blue, Red, Green, and Pinkerton.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2015-03-14 18:23:42

Hey I found the club! Couldnt find it in a long while.
PEARL JAM IS TOURING SOUTH AMERICA!!
here are the tour dates/locations

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2015-03-14 18:32:38

At 2/2/15 03:08 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: Pearl Jam's Ten was amazing though, even if they were just dressing the part. They were probably the first real posers that got famous. They weren't originally from the Seattle scene. They were playing up to the flannel shirts though, and copying the style.

UM NO. Green River? (members of Pearl Jam were in it). Mother Love Bone? (members of Pearl Jam were in it). Posers, really?? the only one of them that wasn't in Seattle during the start was Eddie. And thank god for that since so many members of bands in the Seattle scene died of drug overdoses.

Im a huge Pearl Jam fan. Kinda upset that you'd say such things :(

BBS Signature

Response to Grunge Club 2015-06-01 23:24:00

At 3/14/15 06:32 PM, xxxcreep wrote:
At 2/2/15 03:08 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
Im a huge Pearl Jam fan. Kinda upset that you'd say such things :(

.........yeah damn you stereocrisis

BBS Signature