00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wii U coming up

2,957 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Wii U coming up 2012-10-21 16:56:37

Okay, so, what does the BBS think of the Wii U?

I think it is awesome, and honored to be one of the first people to get one. Nintendo Land looks like it may be a strong title after all(after Nintendo released some more detail on it), which comes with the black Wii Us(which I have).

There is one thing that puzzles me(and, answer if you can): What about extra controllers? Is it a second pad, or do you just use the Wii U Classic controller? I can't find this information, or order a second pad online.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-21 19:23:05

I'm very excited for the WiiU. It's definitely gonna be better then the Wii that's for sure.

At 10/21/12 04:56 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Okay, so, what does the BBS think of the Wii U?

I think it is awesome, and honored to be one of the first people to get one. Nintendo Land looks like it may be a strong title after all(after Nintendo released some more detail on it), which comes with the black Wii Us(which I have).

There is one thing that puzzles me(and, answer if you can): What about extra controllers? Is it a second pad, or do you just use the Wii U Classic controller? I can't find this information, or order a second pad online.

Having played Nintendo Land at a WiiU Experience event at Washington DC, I can tell you that Nintendo Land is definitely a strong title.

As for other controllers, you can buy WiiU Pro Controllers, or you could use your Wii Controllers. There are no two pads required for any of the games for the time being.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-21 21:02:50

At 10/21/12 04:56 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:

Everyone here is going to bring up a debate about consoles we know nothing about at the moment. Just watch.

Anyway, I preordered a deluxe, I can't think of anyone who would actually premeditate about getting one and get an 8GB, the 32G is so much more worth it.

I'm disappointed in the launch lineup, mostly because I expected a lot more compared to the 3DS'. I was excited because I heard Pikmin 3 and Lego City Stories were launch titles, but they got delayed so that sucked. I had my sights set on Rayman Legends, but that was delayed as well. Looks like I'm getting the MUrio bros (I hate typing the whole thing).

Extra controllers are the Wii motes, fully backwards compatible, for use in what looks like most multiplayer games. The Pro controller will most likely be usable in around 50% of all single players games. Otherwise it is about 170$ dollars for new Gamepad, which is why Nintendo doesn't want to put out any games with two.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-21 21:21:11

I'm excited for the Wii U the same reason I was excited for the Wii: Zelda.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-21 22:14:45

pikmin 3, pikmin 3, pikmin 3, pikmin 3, valve can't count to 3 but nintendo can.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 07:46:56

tried out zombi u and mario at eurogamer and they kick ass! i can't wait

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 09:35:31

Give me a Metroid game and then I'll consider it. For now, I'll see if Rayman Legends can make its way to other consoles.

But don't pull an Other M on me.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 16:02:23

At 10/22/12 09:35 AM, Bahamut wrote: Give me a Metroid game and then I'll consider it. For now, I'll see if Rayman Legends can make its way to other consoles.

But don't pull an Other M on me.

Retro is reportedly working on a "big project", and Prime 3's 100% cligghanger ending had a mysterious ship following Samus, so a Metroid game must be in the works. That or Retro has been tasked with reviving Starfox like they did Metroid and Donkey Kong.

About Legends, the Gamepad controller is quite well suited for the extra character that gets to screw with the environment, so unless a Vita/PS3 style thing happens, the Wii U has a pretty good exclusive.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 16:10:12

I ain't gonna buy it unless it has game cube controller slots.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 16:30:12

At 10/22/12 04:02 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Retro is reportedly working on a "big project", and Prime 3's 100% cligghanger ending had a mysterious ship following Samus, so a Metroid game must be in the works. That or Retro has been tasked with reviving Starfox like they did Metroid and Donkey Kong.

If they are working on Starfox, I have full faith in them. They did great with the Metroid Prime games and the recent Donkey Kong, so I truly believe Retro Studios can make a successful Starfox game as well. Hell, I'm actually hoping they're developing a new Starfox. Anything to make up for that lackluster Assault entry, really.

And Command was alright, at most.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 17:31:51

One thing about this: Anyone else think it's odd that the Wii U is being released in the US/Canada first? Usually it's Japan, EU, then North America. Not this time.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 19:21:44

Cant wait
Still on the waiting list for the black WiiU

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 19:23:26

At 10/22/12 06:57 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 10/22/12 04:10 PM, tsukikomi wrote: I ain't gonna buy it unless it has game cube controller slots.
Dude, face it. The GameCube's a dead console.

They'll necromance it when no one buys the wiiu.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 19:25:49

At 10/22/12 04:10 PM, tsukikomi wrote: I ain't gonna buy it unless it has game cube controller slots.

The games are going to be purchasable on whatever eshop they make, and the Pro controller will suit you just fine.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-22 23:56:12

At 10/22/12 09:36 PM, FBIpolux wrote: There probably will be slots on the WiiU as well. I don't know though, I didn't read about it.

If they aren't then I'll start an petition.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-23 09:28:11

At 10/22/12 04:02 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Retro is reportedly working on a "big project", and Prime 3's 100% cligghanger ending had a mysterious ship following Samus, so a Metroid game must be in the works. That or Retro has been tasked with reviving Starfox like they did Metroid and Donkey Kong.

Details are vague right now but maybe for next E3 they will get to announce their big project. Hopefully it is Metroid and not that lame crossover with Starfox that I once heard. Although they weren't the best to manage Mario Kart 7, when hearing their developer name I do have faith so for now I'll see what else is said.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-23 15:24:24

At 10/22/12 07:21 PM, Lionelion wrote: Cant wait
Still on the waiting list for the black WiiU

Hah! That's the one I got. I can't see why Nintendo made the White one the way they did. I mean, it's $300 and comes with virtually nothing but the basic parts and 8 GB of memory, while the black one is only $50 more and comes with 32 GB of memory, 1 game, and extra parts not included in the white one. If you buy a game separately with the white console it will come to $360, $10 more than the black.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-23 15:44:08

At 10/23/12 09:28 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Although they weren't the best to manage Mario Kart 7, when hearing their developer name I do have faith so for now I'll see what else is said.

They didn't actually direct it, they helped make the Donkey Kong course, since they worked on Country Returns the year before.

I'd really like to see a console Fire Emblem, Sacred Stones got me hooked, and the 3DS version probably won't be enough.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-23 15:55:15

I seem to remember that since Gamecube games aren't compatible theyr not going to add controller ports for it.

Save us Y2J

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-23 21:11:38

it's far better then its predecessor but imho there isn't really a reason to move to the platform from the current gen

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-24 17:52:48

I'll see if it will sell good or not, or if it's even good at all. Last I heard, the graphics of the Wii U are meant to look like it's competitors, the Xbox 360 and PS3. And when the Playstation 4 and the Next Xbox come out, everyone's gonna rant on the Wii U. According to some sources, they say that the RAM of the Wii U will be double of the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 (Which is 512 MB), which will equal up to 1GB of RAM for games. Now, I've been hearing that the developer's kit of the new Xbox contains 8GB, but that's the developer kit, the retail version may contain 4GB, 3GB larger than what the Wii U will have.

Please don't rant if I'm wrong, I may have gotten some things incorrect, but I'm just saying, The Wii U, for a eighth generation console, might get hated for not being like the new Xbox and Playstation in the future. After saying this, I am looking forward to the new Super Smash Bros., which hopefully will have characters from Capcom, such as Megaman.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-26 00:55:06

At 10/23/12 03:55 PM, joetech wrote: I seem to remember that since Gamecube games aren't compatible theyr not going to add controller ports for it.

Yeah? So? What's the point?

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-29 13:55:39

I pre - ordered the Zombi U package right away when it first was possible. I'm excited about it, hopefully the game will be as awesome as I've heard.

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-29 18:14:41

At 10/29/12 05:17 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
Seriously guys, Nintendo isn't going to support the GameCube anymore. It's an old console. Why do you all think the system needs GameCube controller ports? Did you guys react that way when the N64 wasn't compatible with Super Nintendo or NES games?

Or the Gamecube not having N64 ports for that matter. The Gamecube controller is one of my favourite controllers, but I don't really see a reason to care if they have Pro controller. Besides, I hear the Gamepad is actually quite light and comfortable, so stop being whiny.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-30 04:15:37

At 10/29/12 05:17 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 10/22/12 09:36 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
There still are game cube controller slots on the Wii.
The newest model of the Wii removed them, actually.

Seriously guys, Nintendo isn't going to support the GameCube anymore. It's an old console. Why do you all think the system needs GameCube controller ports? Did you guys react that way when the N64 wasn't compatible with Super Nintendo or NES games?

The thing that I am going to have trouble adjusting to is probably going to be the next smash bros game. Without a gamecube controller to play it with im going to feel lost playing it. I tried playing brawl with the other methods minus the classic controller and I just felt lost and unable to adjust to the different control style. Besides that though I really don't have a problem losing the gamecube controllers as outside of brawl I only used them for the GC games anyway.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-30 22:43:03

Relevant information to Deluxe buyers:

The eshop rewards program functiond when you make any purchases for the Wii U (and possibly 3DS). A 59.99 game like new Super Mario bros U will get you 599 points, and 500 points equals 5$ for either the Wii U and 3DS eshops.

This lasts until the end of 2014.

Sounds good, I could fill up some room with (hopefully) Gamecube games from the VC.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-31 01:45:35

At 10/30/12 10:43 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Relevant information to Deluxe buyers:

The eshop rewards program functiond when you make any purchases for the Wii U (and possibly 3DS). A 59.99 game like new Super Mario bros U will get you 599 points, and 500 points equals 5$ for either the Wii U and 3DS eshops.

This lasts until the end of 2014.

Sounds good, I could fill up some room with (hopefully) Gamecube games from the VC.

What you forgot to mention specifically that I heard is that it is only for downloadable versions of the game.

It's a nice offer. Myself however I get better deals than that on the boxed versions of games(Which I prefer) from newegg.com so this is only going to be relevant to me for download only games(Plus im getting about $15 or more off the normal price on Wii U titles at launch.) That is fine with me though as I don't have an external HD to use anyway so all those downloads would have probably ate at my 32 GB pretty fast thus forcing me to buy an external HD.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-31 03:00:01

I'm excited for it. I'm also wondering why the heck Sony and Microsoft aren't scrambling to make new consoles ASAP. I mean, the top selling system is about to get a sequel.

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-31 15:50:16

I hear it's good but until they make something more powerful I'm not interested.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U coming up 2012-10-31 22:24:10

At 10/31/12 03:00 AM, JeffsNewgrounds wrote: I'm excited for it. I'm also wondering why the heck Sony and Microsoft aren't scrambling to make new consoles ASAP. I mean, the top selling system is about to get a sequel.

There's no bother. People buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. The next gen consoles will surely supersede it, and the fact that you have to buy an "pro" controller to get a familiar experience will make a lot of people pass.

BBS Signature