00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boochingi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The worst PC port in gaming history

2,352 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

It seems that From Software basically took their game (Dark Souls) and just shat it out onto the PC. I tried playing it and it was basically impossible. I guess I have to find a fix for the game but I don't feel like searching for it. First of all, the frame rate is locked at like 15. Okay and the camera is the absolute worst camera I have ever experienced in a video game. You need a controller or you can't play. The developers made the game support 720p only b/c they were having "issues" yet a noob hacker found a way to make it support 1080p in what, 30 minutes? What the fuck? This is gonna go down as the hilarious worst PC port in gaming history. The game is simply not functional and the developers charge 40 dollars for it, fucking 40 dollars. And don't even get me started on piracy, I'm just saying that if you're going to charge money for something, you had better deliver hmm I dunno, something. This port certainly lives up to its name "Dark Souls Prepare To DieEdition"
Yeah, die out of the frustration of trying to play this giant pile of horse shit.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-08-31 23:40:32

At 8/31/12 10:08 PM, beakerboy wrote: This port certainly lives up to its name "Dark Souls Prepare To DieEdition"
Yeah, die out of the frustration of trying to play this giant pile of horse shit.

I haven't bought this game, but I know the feeling when you pay money for something which is buggy as hell.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-08-31 23:43:58

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-01 02:00:39

Dark Souls and Resident Evil 4 are both terrible ports.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-01 02:25:07

I don't like Splinter Cell Double Agent more....

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-01 03:47:00

Saints Row 2 was pretty awful.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-02 07:45:30

GTA IV and LA Noire. My gaming rig can run Crysis 1 on the highest settings 40fps yet I have to turn the graphics to lowest when playing those 2 games, and I'd still get like 25fps with some areas that move like a slideshow. Unbelievable.

At 9/1/12 02:00 AM, Oliver wrote: Resident Evil 4

I find this one of the best PC port for a video game. I have it on the PC and I used to have a copy for the PS2 and I would pick the PC version any day.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-02 14:43:04

At 9/2/12 07:45 AM, RyanBustersword123 wrote:
At 9/1/12 02:00 AM, Oliver wrote: Resident Evil 4
I find this one of the best PC port for a video game. I have it on the PC and I used to have a copy for the PS2 and I would pick the PC version any day.

I hope this was sarcasm.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-03 03:37:19

GTA IV seems to be the only one I heard of.

Other than that, I know of many bad console ports...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-05 14:23:59

I find the steam port of all the classic Doom games (Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 Hell on Earth, Final Doom etc) To be horrible, utterly bad.

Classic Resident Evil games I find to be rubbish ports (1-3) Too awkward for my liking.

Resident Evil 4 was pretty woeful too.

Saints Row 3 at times feels to be bad. Yet, other times it's awesome.

Halo 2 for the most part was a horrible port for a long time. Some were lucky and got it up and running smoothly, others sadly..

Darksiders 2 isn't all that bad, but at first the control mapping feels awkward as hell. (Awesome game though)

BBS Signature

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-05 14:26:59

At 9/5/12 02:23 PM, OpusEponymous wrote: I find the steam port of all the classic Doom games (Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 Hell on Earth, Final Doom etc) To be horrible, utterly bad.

What you talkin' about, foo?

Yes, it's DOS quality, but that's why I downloaded Zdoom to make it look and sound a lot better.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-05 19:30:47

Resident Evil 4, it doesn't even support MOUSE controls.

That's right.
Resident Evil 4 aiming, with the arrow keys.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-05 20:28:00

At 9/5/12 07:30 PM, T3XT wrote: Resident Evil 4, it doesn't even support MOUSE controls.

That's right.
Resident Evil 4 aiming, with the arrow keys.

That's the reason why I liked it. It brought back memories of the old horror games and shooters.
And even if you didn't like the lacking mouse support you can easily install this patch and you're done.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-06 06:55:40

At 9/5/12 02:26 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/5/12 02:23 PM, OpusEponymous wrote: I find the steam port of all the classic Doom games (Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 Hell on Earth, Final Doom etc) To be horrible, utterly bad.
What you talkin' about, foo?

Yes, it's DOS quality, but that's why I downloaded Zdoom to make it look and sound a lot better.

I have Zdoom/GZDoom/Skulltag all excellent ports. I was gifted the Doom collection on steam not too long ago, just wasn't expecting it to be bad ports.

BBS Signature

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-06 07:25:20

At 9/6/12 06:55 AM, OpusEponymous wrote: I have Zdoom/GZDoom/Skulltag all excellent ports. I was gifted the Doom collection on steam not too long ago, just wasn't expecting it to be bad ports.

I still don't understand what you mean by "bad ports", It's the same files that were being offered ten years ago. And it's possible to use source ports with the steam version.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-06 14:08:19

Metal Gear Solid was a very bad port. Graphics looked like shit. Controls where horrible. Everything was shit.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-06 21:35:55

From Soft clearly told their fans they had never programmed for the pc before and so they gave in to the petition and did their best to give the pc crowd what they wanted.

If you're going to shit on a developer try not picking the one beacon of hope in the gaming industry, there are so many far better options.

BBS Signature

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-07 00:53:46

At 9/6/12 09:35 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: From Soft clearly told their fans they had never programmed for the pc before and so they gave in to the petition and did their best to give the pc crowd what they wanted.

Yeah, blame the fans! Those bastards

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-07 02:12:27

At 9/6/12 06:55 AM, OpusEponymous wrote: I was gifted the Doom collection on steam not too long ago, just wasn't expecting it to be bad ports.

All the steam collection is is the original DOS games with a copy of DOSbox that runs it.

Now either you can play around with the DOSbox configuration files, or you can set those files to work directly with Zdoom. Your choice.

The Zdoom method looks and sounds so much better than what is possible with the Steam files alone.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-07 14:45:02

I've been playing Final Doom on Steam recently and it has been bugging me. I've never been involved in any sort of PC modding because I'm predominantly a console gamer so if one of you guys could tell me how to run Final Doom and Master Levels For Doom II with ZDoom or one of the other mods that improve it I would be very grateful.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-07 15:20:55

At 9/7/12 02:45 PM, sushi13 wrote: I've been playing Final Doom on Steam recently and it has been bugging me. I've never been involved in any sort of PC modding because I'm predominantly a console gamer so if one of you guys could tell me how to run Final Doom and Master Levels For Doom II with ZDoom or one of the other mods that improve it I would be very grateful.

Don't know about Doom II, but zdoom auto-detects Steam copies of Final Doom. All you have to do is download, extract, and run it.

Miracles happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-08 08:10:20

At 9/5/12 08:28 PM, RyanBustersword123 wrote: That's the reason why I liked it. It brought back memories of the old horror games and shooters.
And even if you didn't like the lacking mouse support you can easily install this patch and you're done.

Have you ever used that patch? The mouse control is horrible, it's not even worth trying to play with the patch.

At least Capcom fixed this for RE5, mouse support in there was pretty decent.

Response to The worst PC port in gaming history 2012-09-08 13:04:51

I've got it and patched it up, but it's hard coded to 30fps, so if switch it to 60 the game runs in fast forward, I hate programmers who lock the animations to the framerate.

But like it'd even matter, it drops down to 15fps when I look at fire, and I have a pretty decent gaming rig.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature