00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The forums dead but its not dead

6,759 Views | 124 Replies

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:01:10

Its not easy helping to keep the forums alive.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:02:22

At 8/17/12 11:59 PM, Suprememessage wrote: also Youtube has been around since before Newgrounds started to decay.

I dont think it would be much of an argument if YT came after NG started to decay

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:08:09

At 8/18/12 12:01 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Its not easy helping to keep the forums alive.

Yeah dude your kinda like toxes one up spree but more constant

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:09:33

Its not easy helping to keep the forums alive.

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:15:54

At 8/18/12 12:04 AM, 24901miles wrote:
At 8/17/12 11:59 PM, Suprememessage wrote: A Suprememessage post
I don't want to remember you as the dumbest person I've met online.

If you think that me not knowing a lot about steam would make me the dumbest prson the internet you'll be severely disappointed the moment you leave Newgrounds. You'll find that at least 25% of the internet is stupider than my posts.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:20:40

Volcano Sacrifice!

The forums dead but its not dead

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:20:57

At 8/18/12 12:15 AM, Suprememessage wrote: If you think that me not knowing a lot about steam would make me the dumbest prson the internet you'll be severely disappointed the moment you leave Newgrounds. You'll find that at least 25% of the internet is stupider than my posts.

Ladies and gentlemen, your average Internet user! With the mind and attention span equivalent to that of a YouTube member.

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:22:33

At 8/18/12 12:20 AM, The-Great-One wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, your average Internet user! With the mind and attention span equivalent to that of a YouTube member.

Ladies and gentlemen, your average douchebag who can't mind his own business.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:26:35

At 8/18/12 12:22 AM, Suprememessage wrote:
At 8/18/12 12:20 AM, The-Great-One wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, your average douchebag who can't mind his own business.

It's a public forum bro...

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:28:32

there's a reason he's called the-great-one

because he's smarter, cooler, awesomer, etc. than you suprememessage

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:33:00

At 8/18/12 12:28 AM, psychopathy wrote: there's a reason he's called the-great-one

because he's smarter, cooler, awesomer, etc. than you suprememessage

I thought he was called the-great-one because he is hilarious. That's not a good one, it's a great one.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:33:20

He's dead, Jim.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 00:44:20

The BBS was never alive, it was just given CPR and blood transfusions by people who actually matter.

Those people have either moved on or are running out of blood. That or all the contamination is becoming more abundant, and the transfusions aren't having any effect.

In other words, the shit poster to awesome person ratio is stagering, in the formers favor.

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 01:05:42

The bbs is shit all of the good users either post rarely or have moved on, the topics are shitty with the topic maker either trolling trying to get attention or its just spam and it doesn't help with barely any mods on when a majority of the ones listed are barely active and the ones that are active take 40 minutes to lock a thread thats breaking the rules.

The bbs has gone to shit with spammers, trolls and attention whores

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 01:07:41

At 8/18/12 01:05 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: The bbs has gone to shit with spammers, trolls and attention whores

This.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 01:09:23

At 8/18/12 01:05 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: The bbs is shit all of the good users either post rarely or have moved on, the topics are shitty with the topic maker either trolling trying to get attention or its just spam and it doesn't help with barely any mods on when a majority of the ones listed are barely active and the ones that are active take 40 minutes to lock a thread thats breaking the rules.

Looking back at earlier threads it was no different. It's just different people doing the same thing in different ways.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 01:28:06

The NG forums will live forever and one day.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 02:55:44

At 8/18/12 01:09 AM, Suprememessage wrote:
Looking back at earlier threads it was no different. It's just different people doing the same thing in different ways.

Well you know what they say, you're either part of the problem or the solution.

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 03:44:58

At 8/17/12 10:10 PM, MiloBased wrote:
At 8/17/12 10:07 PM, Gambit wrote:
Yes, I have grown up. But not to the point of having seen it all.
Can you show me some examples of these threads?

I tried, but I failed.

I found one of my old alts, though!

SUCCESS

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 03:45:47

At 8/18/12 01:28 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The NG forums will live forever and one day.

Please die.

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 03:48:22

At 8/18/12 03:45 AM, HaveACupOfSTFU wrote:
At 8/18/12 01:28 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The NG forums will live forever and one day.
Please die.

That will not happen. I am helping top keep the forum alive.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 03:54:43

At 8/18/12 03:48 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
That will not happen. I am helping top keep the forum alive.

No man your just oneupping yourself for quick acsess to the 10K so that you can escape the now dieing general and go to THE GOD REALM(the 10 forum)

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 05:32:29

At 8/18/12 12:22 AM, Suprememessage wrote: Ladies and gentlemen, your average douchebag who can't mind his own business.

Been there, done that. Point is, when it comes to complaining about the General forum it is all pointless bitching. If the General forum were to just disappear... you would all probably "riot" which on the Internet is the equivalence of bitching and moaning. I've griped about the General forum in the past as well, but I was stupid and didn't know any better.

The General forum is supposed to be a place where you can...

Talk about the stuff on Newgrounds, chit-chat with other fans, or whatever!

Well we got the chit-chat with other fans part. You all do whatever you want with a lot more freedoms than other forums out there like to give. However there isn't much discussion about Newgrounds. Oddly enough. A lot of members treat this place as a forum site with some movies and games. Then when there is something wrong with the forums they whine and cry as if it is the most important part of the site, when it is nowhere close to being that.

This is the most idiotic part of the site, where you can be practically as filthy, stupid, and immature as you want to. All fine and good, but that doesn't mean you need to start complaining every five seconds. There are no good ole' days... it's simply nostalgia filling your heads. Members come and go all the time. I can name a few I haven't seen in a good long time that I remember being regulars here.

-BonusStage
-Elios
-Piss
-IPoopedInYourMailbox

Things change, people come and go. That's that. The only reason I come to the General forum is to talk to strangers on the Internet. I have made some good friends here overtime and I don't regret not one damn bit of it.

As for that minding my own business part... I am a member of this site, posting on its forum, it is partially my business if I wish to discuss it. Oh and that little Steam "argument" was cute at best.

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 11:03:17

At 8/17/12 01:20 PM, Dromedary wrote: It's weird though, there's a totally new userbase, it's even changed in the few months I've been inactive.

This. It kinda feels like most of the guys you see on here most often are all from 2010 onwards now. Not that there's anything wrong with that, not at all, it's just kinda surprising how fast older guys like TheRadicalOne and Piss and all have gone.

I can't remember any of their names, but off the top of my head, some newish regulars I recognise are some weird furry dude, tony-something something 15 or 16 and that llsm guy who both seem alright, one or two really cynical douchebags that must be from 4chan or something and I think that's it.

There are a couple of newish regulars like ScaryPicnic and Halberd (he's not really new though) who are pretty hilarious, though. And there's more funny ones like Saqwert and Bumfodder too, but I think their accounts are actually both older than mine, so yeah.

Makes me miss 2007 and 2008 when it would've been overflowing with people on here. :(

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 11:40:12

At 8/18/12 11:26 AM, doberman7 wrote: I never notice it despite barely posting on these forums anymore.

Yeah, I hardly ever post on here anymore either, it's just a little thing I picked up on.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 11:41:56

At 8/18/12 02:55 AM, DarkMatter wrote:

Well you know what they say, you're either part of the problem or the solution.

In that case no solution exists for the problem of dead forums.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 11:42:55

Goddamn it beardkiller, what have you done? You went and rustled everyone's jimmies.

Stop arguing now or I'll turn this thread around!

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 11:53:21

At 8/18/12 11:03 AM, IrishGun wrote: older guys like TheRadicalOne and Piss and all have gone.

TheRadicalOne is still around. I speak to him in chat and he released a flash short yesterday I think.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 11:57:44

At 8/18/12 11:42 AM, YenMuffin wrote: Goddamn it beardkiller, what have you done? You went and rustled everyone's jimmies.

Stop arguing now or I'll turn this thread around!

Screw your goddamn rules these people want to discuss

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 12:08:08

At 8/18/12 11:42 AM, YenMuffin wrote: You went and rustled everyone's jimmies.

Sounds kinky.

BBS Signature